The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth Empty
PostSubject: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Ben Reeves is determined to put a “bizarre” season behind him when Gillingham begin their League 1 campaign.
Reeves’ total of 32 appearances for Plymouth included just five starts, with Pilgrims boss Ryan Lowe claiming he didn’t suit his style despite hailing him as a “fantastic footballer

He did, though, start their final-day defeat at Priestfield, with an impressive performance alerting Gills boss Steve Evans.
I’ve never really had that before,” said the former MK Dons and Charlton midfielder.
Usually whenever I’ve gone somewhere I’ve just been chucked in straight away and got to play as many games as possible, the majority of them from the start.

So, it was a bizarre season for me.

I didn’t really enjoy it as much, being on the bench every game.

Really, it felt like no matter how I did or how I played, I was still going to be on the bench the next game.
It was just one of those situations that can happen sometimes at a club.

I got on with the manager well, got on with everyone at the club really well, trained every day and did all right when I played.

It was just one of those things, it seemed like there was never going to be a spot for me in the team no matter what I did, which was hard to take but I never let it affect me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 11:34 pm

he did well when he played but Ryan clearly has his faves and wont drop them even if they are underperforming.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:39 am

Got to be bizarre when a Manager signs you then tells you you don't suit his style of play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 11:50 am

Grovehill wrote:
Got to be bizarre when a Manager signs you then tells you you don't suit his style of play.

I t happens alot we saw that during the Euro's with Jack Grealish. He's a superb player but his style doesnt suit Southgate's philosophy and tactics hence why he doesnt feature as much as he probably should do.

Reeves isnt of course on par with Grealish but when i saw him play he had that bit about him that warranted playing a bit more and starting but as i say Ryan has his philosophy and tactics that he thought Reeves didn't suit.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 12:53 pm

The point I was making was why sign a player that doesn't fit in with the way you want the team to play?

Panic buying, lack of research or just getting a body in to make up the numbers?

Whatever the reason, it might make players think twice before signing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 1:25 pm

I did notice Reeves took it upon himself to lob a few balls in the box one game he played after probably correctly assuming we werent going to score tapping it about even if we had all day, I thought he was a bright spark but then he didn't play for a few matches.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Grovehill wrote:
The point I was making was why sign a player that doesn't fit in with the way you want the team to play?

Panic buying, lack of research or just getting a body in to make up the numbers?

Because maybe the manager thought the player could adapt, but didn't or couldn't? It happens in the real world workforce every day... How many times have you thought... How on earth did that person get the job?

..and no player is going to be put off signing because somebody else didn't make the team. It's called confidence in your abilities.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 6:18 pm

[quote="Rickler"]
Grovehill wrote:

Because maybe the manager thought the player could adapt, but didn't or couldn't?  It happens in the real world workforce every day...  How many times have you thought...  How on earth did that person get the job?

Well, not often, but then, I don't know where you work
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Because maybe the manager thought the player could adapt, but didn't or couldn't?  It happens in the real world workforce every day...  How many times have you thought...  How on earth did that person get the job?

Well, not often, but then,  I don't know where you work

How am I not surprised at your lack or perceptiveness? Then again, you are probably the person the rest of us is thinking of...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth   Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Reeves ready to bounce back from 'bizarre' season at Plymouth
Page 1 of 1