The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet Empty
PostSubject: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 3:00 am

Add your own addition

Smartphones
Internet Banking
Forums
Facebook
News Media
Twitter
Youtube
Iplayers
Flight booking sites
Holiday booking sites

The list is endless. All we've got is Sky Tv everything else is taken away. People couldnt "live" today without some access to it in my opinion

Date was December 2000

Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet E5ohly10
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 5:53 pm

Must say it is quite difficult to remember exactly what we did before the advent of the internet. First got a computer in 2006,although i had used them in work, and it certainly revolutionised life in all sorts of ways-just can't imagine what it would be like without it now. Taking it one step back, what the hell did i used to do before Sky tv with only the four tv channels to watch? Incredible change in such a relatively short time period.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 8:01 pm

My kids have always been surprised that when I was a teenager there were only 3 tv channels.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Apparently St. Dennis have now got BBC2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 8:58 pm

What about Sunday’s when TV shut down for an hour or so late afternoons
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 12:08 am

When I was a teenager the only thing worth watching was the old grey whistle test, and that wasn't always all that. Kicked the arse out of top of the pops which I hated from about aged eleven. Channel four was a real groundbreaker with the tube and the young ones but although a slow burner the Internet is crazy, the downside is Harve and the indignant minority but a small price to pay in the long run.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:07 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
When I was a teenager the only thing worth watching was the old grey whistle test, and that wasn't always all that. Kicked the arse out of top of the pops which I hated from about aged eleven. Channel four was a real groundbreaker with the tube and the young ones but although a slow burner the Internet is crazy, the downside is Harve and the indignant minority but a small price to pay in the long run.

Hard to believe just how stupid you are (or perhaps not). Why dont you think about that statement. No wonder I find myself in total agreement with Rickler over you.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 am

Greenskin wrote:
Must say it is quite difficult to remember exactly what we did before the advent of the internet. First got a computer in 2006,although i had used them in work, and it certainly revolutionised life in all sorts of ways-just can't imagine what it would be like without it now. Taking it one step back, what the hell did i used to do before Sky tv with only the four tv channels to watch? Incredible change in such a relatively short time period.

Will give you an example of life without it albeit will go back slightly further in time

To buy a share and I'll use the very first time I did around 1981... you had to ring the bank make an appointment couple days later (if you were lucky) give the instructions to the manager in his office pay his fee and couple days later you got a contract note in the post with the final "struck" price...you just didnt know it until then

To sell the same stock you had to do the reverse. You get the idea. Days and days and no idea of exact real time prices. Between 1980 and 2000 Brokers did improve pre internet but still a laboured process

Now in 2021 I could have bought and sold 101 stocks in the time its took to type this and on certain platforms its even free of fees (that a bank would have charged)

Take the internet away completely and literally I'd have to go and get a "job" tomorrow and am not joking whatsoever.

Internet changed everything 99% for the better
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 11:48 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Hard to believe just how stupid you are (or perhaps not). Why dont you think about that statement. No wonder I find myself in total agreement with Rickler over you.

It's the truth it's because of people like you that I only go near Facebook for business purposes.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:12 pm

The internet has a lot to answer for like harve and his Facebook anti British, anti Brexit, anti vax and eu loving remainer scum.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:48 pm

The internet has an awful lot to answer for in terms of jobs lost.
Often wish we could turn the clock back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet   Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet Empty

Back to top Go down

Now just imagine life today if it actually had been a fad....Internet
Page 1 of 1