Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)

Go down 
+6
sufferedsince 68
Grovehill
Greenskin
harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Tgwu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) Empty
PostSubject: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 4:25 pm

Defender Dan Scarr is the Pilgrims’ second new signing of the summer.

The former Birmingham City centre back, 26, will join Ryan Lowe’s side on upon expiry of his contract at Sky Bet League Two side Walsall.

Scarr has spent the past three seasons with the Saddlers, netting seven times in 96 appearances for the club. Dan played alongside Argyle Player of the Season Joe Edwards at the Banks’s Stadium in the 2018/19 campaign.

A physically powerful and uncompromising defender, Scarr’s 20/21 performances saw him ranked inside the top five Sky Bet League Two players for percentage of both aerial contests and defensive duels won, as well as 13th for shots blocked per game.

Standing at 6 feet and 2 inches, Dan earned his professional football career the hard way, working his way up into the EFL system through impressive performances at non-league level.

Starting out at Worcester City while still in education, Scarr moved on to spells at none-league Causeway United and Redditch United upon completion of his studies, before joining Northern Premier League club Stourbridge in 2015, balancing football for the Glassboys with work as a part-time personal trainer.

Stourbridge already had form for FA Cup heroics, having knocked a beleaguered Argyle side out of the FA Cup in November 2011, and Scarr was an integral part of the club’s historic run to the third round of the competition in the 2016/17 season – scoring the equaliser in Stourbridge’s eventual 2-1 defeat to Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park. There would be some silverware for Scarr that season, though, as he was named in the Northern Premier League Team of the Season.

Having impressed against full-time opposition, the Bromsgrove-born defender attracted interest from a number of high-profile clubs, including West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough, before impressing enough on trial at Birmingham City to earn a permanent move to the Championship club for an undisclosed fee.

In August 2017, Scarr returned to Adams Park, the scene of his momentous FA Cup goal, to join the Chairboys on loan, and he would go on to establish himself in the first team as Gareth Ainsworth’s side secured automatic promotion from Sky Bet League Two.

Having found first team opportunities limited at St Andrews, Scarr joined Walsall on a permanent deal in January 2019 for an undisclosed fee.

Dan will wear the no.6 shirt for the 21/22 campaign. His home shirt is sponsored by the McGrath family, and his away shirt is available for sponsor. Please contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more information.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Woe betide him if he doesn’t IMMEDIATELY move himself and ALL his extended family into a new PL2 home in the next 7 days.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Sounds more like the type of defender we've been looking for
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 5:44 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

what error and injury prone and only good in the air and walsall fans are more upset he was offered a contract and not released then us signing him? Thats coming from a league 2 club and we are a league one club looking to strengthen a defence that was very error prone and poor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i remain unconvinced about this signing being a top one but i will give him a fair crack of the whip here and hope he proves me wrong but as i said elsewhere i pray the other 2 defenders coming in are of the championship/league one standard we desperately need.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 6:10 pm

May be just me but these signings seem almost groundhog dayish in their similarity to Canavan and Wotton joining prior to Del bheys last season, hopefully they turn out to be more productive. He does seem to get a goal or two which is always handy from a centre back and Walsall did have a reasonable defensive record last year albeit in a lower division, so maybe the verdict from their fans will turn out to be harsh. Not really a signing to get the season ticket queue back to central park but best of luck to him anyway and good wishes for a long and successful stay.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 6:21 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Here's hoping Lowe doesn't try to turn him into L1's answer to Franz Bekenbauer and expect him to play out from the back
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Decent and normal fans will give Dan a fully supportive welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 7:14 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

and where does that leave newell?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 8:53 pm

Quote by Lowe in local rag

I was pleased when he asked me for a goal bonus because he wanted to get on the end of things as well.

"It's what we have needed. He's a solid and resolute defender, and goes along with James and potentially a couple more that we are going to find.

"The main priority was the back lads because we never had none and we are on with that.

"We will hopefully have one more in the next 72 hours maybe and that will be three solid defenders who we feel can compete in this league and keep the back door shut, along with a top class goalkeeper in Michael Cooper."

Argyle did not come up with many goals from attacking set pieces last season and Lowe hopes the additions of Wilson and Scarr to the squad will help improve that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 pm

Oh dear
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 12:02 am

Welcome Dan to Argyle.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 5:19 am

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

what error and injury prone and only good in the air and walsall fans are more upset he was offered a contract and not released then us signing him? Thats coming from a league 2 club and we are a league one club looking to strengthen a defence that was very error prone and poor.

i remain unconvinced about this signing being a top one but i will give him a fair crack of the whip here and hope he proves me wrong but as i said elsewhere i pray the other 2 defenders coming in are of the championship/league one standard we desperately need.

Angry I know we dont get along on many subjects but dont fall into Graisers and Mouldys trap of frantically jabbing at the keyboard without actually reading and comprehending what is written by myself.....

I'd assume all on here have English as a first language

Read it again....
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 7:43 am

Angry wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

and where does that leave newell?

Newell telling Dan he doesn't pass his interview, and then getting Pasoti to sponsor his shirt a few days later when he actually signs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Angry I know we dont get along on many subjects but dont fall into Graisers and Mouldys trap of frantically jabbing at the keyboard without actually reading and comprehending what is written by myself.....

Read it again....

I wouldnt be commenting on peoples language skills or reading when you openly quote lies from facebook and twitter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Read it again....

I wouldnt be commenting on peoples language skills or reading when you openly quote lies from facebook and twitter.

Angry I’ve blocked the bell end and only read his crap when posters reply to him, but frankly if I’m accused of frantically jabbing at the key board with my one finger! I’d rather live with that than spend hours trolling the internet for more cut and paste bollox and lies that he seems to get off on
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 3:48 pm

Not too inspiring let's hope he proves the critics wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)   Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video) Empty

Back to top Go down

Our new number 6 Dan Scarr (interview on video)
Page 1 of 1