+2
harvetheslayer
Greenskin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Those were the days 50 years ago....... Empty
PostSubject: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 8:59 pm

when Argyle could finish.......16th in the third division! lol! Nothing ever changes really but at least we could beat the league leaders on their own dungheap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some interesting players on view,a lot of local ones such as Piper,Reynolds,Sullivan and Rickard. Keith Allen was playing for Luton,he came down here for a couple of years,good cricketer for Plymstock.Old Supermac himself was playing,scored 5 goals in a match for England and prolific at first division level. Different in a lot of ways,far fewer players in the penalty areas for corners,only one sub allowed,hardly any warm up before the match and the pitch of course.Some good stuff played though,especially that Davey through ball for the first goal.

Pretty good site for Argyle nostalgists,lots of reminders of better times.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 4:29 am

Yes I noticed those Argyle Memories kept on coming up on smart tv when scrolling suggestions
Have watched a lot of the games and clips they put up.... another appearance I think it was the Big Match and I think same season 1970 away to Fulham but that ones in colour
Subscribe if you can helps to build the channel
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 8:25 am

Thanks for the link Greenskin, will look forward to watching it. Those were the days when players actually engaged in physical contact rather than getting a tap on the ankles these days and the overpaid footballing mercenaries are rolling around the floor holding their face. Lol.
I'm actually old enough to remember Mike Bickle playing at H.P! Typical 69-70 pitch with more sand than grass.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 am

Great kit!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 8:53 am

Great clip. We played some great football that day. Movement and passing particularly for Rickard's goal was good. Luton defended at times like we do now. Kenilworth Road hasn't changed much.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 11:00 am

shonbo wrote:
Great kit!
Iconic
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 pm

The first team that I can really remember, I was eight at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those were the days 50 years ago.......   Those were the days 50 years ago....... Empty

Back to top Go down

Those were the days 50 years ago.......
Page 1 of 1