Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)

Go down 
+11
RegGreen
Dog Bone Malone
Czarcasm
akagreengull
Rickler
Freathy
Grovehill
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
Greenskin
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:07 pm

Cooper again should have done better.....when will Lowe learn
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:12 pm

Just hope we don't go deep again in the second half, we rarely are consistent in both halves.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:16 pm

Awful from Lewis. No
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 pm

2-1 down already after the break. Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Lowe's losers have completely collapsed in the second half again. Blackpool in total control and certain to score more.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Lovely finish Joe Edwards.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:51 pm

We deserve a point out of this, Cooper made an excellent save earlier to keep us in the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:56 pm

another game we could have won in the first half yet again what the feck gets spoken at halftime as we came out a completely different side and we almost lost this. Lewis had a complete 360 game where he was good in the first half and his stupidity and inexperience cost us two goals including being played for a penalty. Thankfully Captain Joe Edwards saved us and got aus a vital point which is what i would have taken before kickoff.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 4:59 pm

Freathy wrote:
2-1 down already after the break.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Lowe's losers have completely collapsed in the second half again.   Blackpool in total control and certain to score more.

Ha ha ha ha..... I'm a believer again now Sad Act.......after listening to SH's recent podcast.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Two well worked and taken goals, with two schoolboys defending for Blackpool goals. why did we go back to the passing back and square balls game. Lewes was target in the second half and lost it.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Oh well a points a point considering I didn’t think we’d anythink up there today if anythink a bit disappointed they didn’t take them chances in the first half could have had the game sown up at H/T
But that’s the story of our season so far with shit defending generallly and individual errors that have cost us
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:27 pm

A valuable point all things considered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Overall it’s been a good performance today , Lewis has cost us but give the lad a break, debatable penalty but a tackle from behind, I think we’d be shouting for a penalty if it was us.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Should have wrapped it up first half, I've never known a team miss so many chances. Lewis is a feckin liability, still feels more like two points lost than a point gained.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:36 pm

Graiser wrote:
Overall it’s been a good performance today , Lewis has cost us but give the lad a break, debatable penalty but a tackle from behind, I think we’d be shouting for a penalty if it was us.

Why should we give the lad a break, he's shit? We are in the game of winning matches not protecting the feelings of over paid prima donnas. We need a feckin good clear out in the summer IF we want to be a real force in this league. Too many players simply aren't good enough for league 1.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 5:59 pm

Points per game with a back 3 = 1.25
Points per game with a back 4= 2.00

Pity it took injuries and suspensions to make the manager realise you have to fit the system to the players you have, not vice versa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Why should we give the lad a break, he's shit? We are in the game of winning matches not protecting the feelings of over paid prima donnas. We need a feckin good clear out in the summer IF we want to be a real force in this league. Too many players simply aren't good enough for league 1.

Nah he’s not shit, you wouldn’t have said that about his first half performance, he’s a youngster trying to make his way, ok he’s buggered up twice and it’s cost us big style, if you want to criticise, have a pop at RL for playing him there.
We made Blackpool look ordinary in the first half, we more than matched them,the so we do have a few players who are good enough for L1, but I’m fairly sure a few will be moved out, some will want to move on.
Looking forward to the 21/22 season back at HP
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Nah he’s not shit, you wouldn’t have said that about his first half performance, he’s a youngster trying to make his way, ok he’s buggered up twice and it’s cost us big style, if you want to criticise, have a pop at RL for playing him there.
We made Blackpool look ordinary in the first half, we more than matched them,the so we do have a few players who are good enough for L1, but I’m fairly sure a few will be moved out, some will want to move on.

I saw the game as well, in the first half we would have made Blackpool look ordinary if we had stuck three past them and we should have. Yet again we have played one good half and that isn't good enough. As for Lewis and Cooper for that matter we are meant to be a pro league 1 team not a fookin development squad. If the kids are good enough then play them if they aren't then bin them.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I saw the game as well, in the first half we would have made Blackpool look ordinary if we had stuck three past them and we should have. Yet again we have played one good half and that isn't good enough. As for Lewis and Cooper for that matter we are meant to be a pro league 1 team not a fookin development squad. If the kids are good enough then play them if they aren't then bin them.

Strange really we’re in 16th place but closer to a play off spot than a relegation place, so I would say currently we’re an average L1 side who can compete but with plenty of work to do for next season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Strange really we’re in 16th place but closer to a play off spot than a relegation place, so I would say currently we’re an average L1 side who can compete but with plenty of work to do for next season.

I wouldn't argue with any of that but the fact is that Lewis was turned inside out second half and he isn't good enough for the team we are building. Last couple of seasons we've had Sawyer playing that role and now Lowe has managed to replace him like for like it's not good enough. I'm not asking for Lowe to be sacked or acting hysterically I'm just stating facts. I don't get why we have to bring young players like Cooper and Lewis on in the first team that used to be the job of the reserves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 8:49 pm

lewis maybe young dumb and full of shit and maybe oneday he'll improve on his defensive side of his game but what we saw today was as i say 360 he was great in the first half and then went to pot in the second couldnt do anything right. Whatever was said to him at halftime needs a review cause it threw him off his game totally. The penalty was him being a rookie and being played by a veteran he has to be smarter than that in future if he wants to find a good club in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 10:22 am

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
2-1 down already after the break.  Shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that Lowe's losers have completely collapsed in the second half again.   Blackpool in total control and certain to score more.

Ha ha ha ha..... I'm a believer again now Sad Act.......after listening to SH's recent podcast.

cheers I admire your new found optimism Ginge! But all I can see is how atrocious we've been all season. That 6 match losing streak in November/December and now 1 win in 7 at the business end of the season. I trust Hallett now more than I did when he first appeared on the scene under Brent but he better be thinking hard about the management situation because sticking with Lowe only means another season of struggle in 21/22.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 10:35 am

We'll see. I like the way he wants to play.
His budget and balance of youth/experience, is vital to progress.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 11:53 am

Angry wrote:
lewis maybe young dumb and full of shit and maybe oneday he'll improve on his defensive side of his game but what we saw today was as i say 360 he was great in the first half and then went to pot in the second couldnt do anything right. Whatever was said to him at halftime needs a review cause it threw him off his game totally. The penalty was him being a rookie and being played by a veteran he has to be smarter than that in future if he wants to find a good club in the summer.

A lot of that comes from Mayor, Hardie, Grant and Camara having a good first half which meant the defence are protected as Blackpool didn't get much of the ball in our half, as soon as the opposition get the ball the weaknesses in our squad are exposed.
I think that this is the most frustrating team I've ever seen at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
A valuable point all things considered.

In the grand scheme of things , it was a valuable point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)   BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BLACKPOOL FC V PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (preview & game)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next