Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Gladiators

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Plymouth Gladiators Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 am

At least one team from Plymouth will be in the championship next season Link

"Promoter Mark Phillips and all at Plymouth Gladiators Speedway are delighted to confirm that the Club have been accepted into the Championship league for the 2021 British Speedway season."

Good luck to them i really hope that the herald and other media outlets in the city and surrounding areas actually promote them this time around now they are in a higher league and more people go to meets. Hopefully they can get to work with Argyle/Albion/Raiders in there pr bubble.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Plymouth Gladiators joins the Championship league   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:30 pm

Promoter Mark Phillips and all at Plymouth Gladiators Speedway are delighted to confirm that the Club have been accepted into the Championship league for the 2021 British Speedway season.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 pm

i posted that this morning :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 pm

Angry wrote:
i posted that this morning :O

Sorry been in a big queue at Home Park most of the day.

Mod please delete
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 pm

You should check out the other thread on Zoo corner it's buzzing.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 11:10 am

Merged by me.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 10:52 am

Championship new boys Plymouth Gladiators have made their first big-name signing…two-time Danish World Cup winner Bjarne Pedersen. The ex-Grand Prix star has agreed to join the Gladiators on loan from Poole as he goes into his farewell season. It is a major coup for Plymouth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:18 am

Tgwu wrote:
Championship new boys Plymouth Gladiators have made their first big-name signing…two-time Danish World Cup winner Bjarne Pedersen. The ex-Grand Prix star has agreed to join the Gladiators on loan from Poole as he goes into his farewell season. It is a major coup for Plymouth

Hopefully that draws in a few extra people down to their track. Failing that a few more watch their livestreams should they do them.

Scrap that just seen they are moving their home meets to tuesday nights so no way they will have more come to them then on fridays not even Argyle can get a full house or near to one on tuesday nights......unless Liverpool are playing of course then all their fairweather fans come out of the woodwork.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 11:37 am

My friend who passed away a few months ago, was a great speedway fan that at his funeral he  had  outriders  through  Weston Mill Cemetery. RIP Dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:51 am

Plymouth Gladiators have found the ‘WOW!’ factor with the sensational signing of three times World Champion, Jason Crump.

Plymouth promoter, Mark Phillips has vowed that the club are ready to make some big noise in the sport and has signalled that ambition by signing one of the real legends of speedway.

He said; ‘I want everyone in speedway to be talking about Plymouth. I have big ambitions for the club. The signing of Jason Crump and Bjarne Pedersen shows our intention to establish the Plymouth Gladiators in the Championship League.’

Crump is not only the biggest signing in Plymouth Speedway history, but also in the Championship league in the UK as never before has a multi–Individual World Champion subsequently graced the 2nd division of Britain’s domestic leagues.

Following the capture of Danish ex-Grand Prix rider, Bjarne Pedersen, earlier this week, Phillips was understandably delighted at also securing the services of the talented Aussie.

‘It was an ambitious move to attract Jason to Plymouth. He has been a pleasure to deal with. He will be basing himself and his family in the South West during the summer and I’m sure sports fans will want to see the spectacle of racing that the Plymouth track offers.’

Crump has done it all in world speedway. As well as his three world individual titles, he was World under 21 champion in 1995, has won three World Cups as part of the Australian team, as well as numerous league and individual titles worldwide. After making a successful return to the sport in individual events in Australia, he made the shock decision to return to UK speedway.

Crump finished third in the British Final at Belle Vue in September 2020, one of the very few meetings held last year along with the two fixtures Plymouth were able to complete.

Crump has also agreed terms with Ipswich for the 2021 season to ride in the Premier League as well as Plymouth in the Championship. Having not ridden domestically in the UK since 2009 speedway fans will no doubt be thrilled to see Jason back in the UK.

It will be a busy summer for Crump, who was born in Bristol, when his father Phil Crump was riding for Newport. He will also be supporting his son, Seth, who is making a name for himself in British Superbikes and will be competing in the UK this year.

There are a number of commercial opportunities a World Champion could add to the kudos of local businesses alongside the Plymouth Gladiators, to raise their profile locally, nationally and globally. Please contact us via our contact details here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Gladiators   Plymouth Gladiators Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Gladiators
Page 1 of 1