Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)

Go down 
+5
mouldyoldgoat
Rickler
Earwegoagain
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage

1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) Empty
PostSubject: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 2:41 pm

Something is getting announced by the club.  No idea what its about to be honest so lets find out.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 3:00 pm

From the OS

PAFC.co.uk wrote:
Ryan Lowe has committed his future to the Pilgrims.

The Greens’ promotion-winning manager has signed a new deal at Home Park, keeping him at the club until the summer of 2024.

The popular Liverpudlian arrived at Argyle in the summer of 2019, implementing an attractive, attacking philosophy that secured an immediate return to Sky Bet League One.

Lowe’s assistant manager, Steven Schumacher, has also agreed an extension until the end of the 23/24 season.

Argyle Chief Executive Officer, Andrew Parkinson, said: “We are delighted to be able to agree contract extensions for Ryan and Steven.

“Their personal qualities align with those we wish to be associated with the club, and they both hold ambition that matches our own.

“To achieve promotion in their first season was a tremendous achievement, while their emphasis on playing an attractive brand of football and developing our Academy graduates is very exciting for everyone associated with the club.

“We are on a journey with more work ahead of us, but this is a positive development for the football club and underlines our commitment to planning for the future.”

The club has made significant progress, on and off the pitch, in the 20 months since Lowe and Schumacher were appointed.

We remain on target to achieve our five-year objective of becoming a sustainable Championship football club, with a club-wide footballing philosophy, data-led recruitment strategy, and modern football operations structure all now in place.

With the Pilgrims’ Academy also identified as a key pillar of the club’s sustainable future, Ryan and Steven have contributed towards the restructure of the youth system at Home Park.

While Academy progress is a long-term project, Lowe and Schumacher’s promotion of youth has already seen Academy graduates become first-team regulars, including Wales under-21 striker Luke Jephcott and goalkeeper Mike Cooper.

Upon signing his new contract, Ryan said: “I am delighted to have signed a long-term contract with Plymouth Argyle, and I’m excited to continue the project we’ve started together.

“We fit well together - this is an ambitious club, and I am an ambitious manager. I would like to thank Andrew Parkinson, the Board of Directors and Simon Hallett for making it happen.

“It was a no brainer for us, and we’ve loved every minute of it. I’d like to thank the fans for their support, it will be a lot more special when we are back together.”

Argyle Chairman, Simon Hallett, said: “I’m thrilled that we’ve been able to persuade Ryan and Steven to extend their contracts with Argyle.

“When we sought a new manager in 2019, we were looking for someone who was forward thinking about football and could help us build a foundation for Argyle’s success, both today and tomorrow.

“In Ryan, we’ve got that. He and Steven have proven to be not only forward thinking, but also willing to embrace some of the new ideas that we think will enable us to compete effectively.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 3:26 pm

Wow, very good news - stability assured 👏👏👏👏
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Agree with that bud, stabilty is what we need. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:25 pm

the extension gives us the stability that if he does want to leave to manage another club we will get a decent compensation package for him and his assistant now so its even more of a good deal for the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Excellent news, now for Mayor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Bit of a bugger for Freathy though!!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 5:00 pm

Next Dario Gradi foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 5:16 pm

Surely this can't be right? Where does he live?

Lowe was going to be off at the first decent offer according to the 'experts'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Rickler wrote:
Surely this can't be right?  Where does he live?

i still maintain he will go once a good offer comes in. Im positive no one on here or pasoti or in the real world deep down truly believes Ryan will be staying here till at least 2024 no manager sees out a contract these days for several reasons and he won't be any different no matter how he does.
I'm happy he's showing commitment to staying here and At least with this deal the club will be protected more and command a decent payoff for him and steven when the day comes.

or he could be sacked next year like del bhey was after he signed a new contract
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 5:41 pm

I’m ignoring all the ifs buts and maybes, he’s signed for 3 years and I’m looking forward to the ride.
He’s done well in the transfer window, no panic incomings and weak defensive links are gone.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 5:51 pm

Does the contract include a house and school for the kids in Plymouth?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
I’m ignoring all the ifs buts and maybes, he’s signed for 3 years and I’m looking forward to the ride.
He’s done well in the transfer window, no panic incomings and weak defensive links are gone.

We only have two experienced CB's under contract -the injury prone Aimson and the injured Sawyer.

Last edited by Grovehill on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:42 pm

Bandwagon wrote:

I think Dave Smith was the last PAFC Manager to see out his contract. Or did he leave when he was told it wouldn't be renewed?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:44 pm

Graiser wrote:
Excellent news, now for Mayor.

For what? To sign another contract or to sell him?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Next Dario Gradi foreshore.

You been asleep all though the Bennett scandal?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Data lead recruitment policy?

Most signings are his mates, and the lad from Palace was signed on the recommendation of a mate of his-which I suppose is progress of a sort?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 6:55 pm

ATD is really good, got to be one of the funniest forums around.

Gone from "Time he went" to "Hurrah, he's signed a new Contract" in a matter of weeks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Graiser wrote:

We only have two experienced CB's under contract -the injury prone Aimson and the injured Sawyer.

Aimson hasn’t missed a game through injury this season in fact it’s been only one game that he hasn’t been in the squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 8:14 pm

Grovehill wrote:
ATD is really good, got to be one of the funniest forums around.

Gone from "Time he went" to "Hurrah, he's signed a new Contract" in a matter of weeks!

ATD is quite a relaxed outfit it tends to tolerate all types of keyboard warriors
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 9:11 pm

Rickler wrote:
Surely this can't be right?  Where does he live?

He hasn't been offered anything yet has he?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 9:37 pm

Good news, the club is progressing at last after the dark years of no ambition and incompetence. It seems like Grovey and Freathers still don't get it. cheers
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Bit of insurance for the club ...Right that’s where the Compo dealings start and I will use a cricket term...For when Ryan decideds its time to go through the slips 😁
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)   1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract) Empty

Back to top Go down

1500 today (Lowe signs extension to current contract)
Page 1 of 1