argylepaul
Czarcasm
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Who exactly, is advising Brent? Empty
PostSubject: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Can we deduce just who is putting in to Brents mind little nuggets like "relegation won't be the end of the world."

On the face of it, as far as footballing matters go, it should only be Deehan. But of course, who had a big input into the actual appointment of JD? Yep, it's our Carl! Rolling Eyes Now Deehan, if he has any morals, ain't gonna advise Brent that the bloke who recommended him, is useless!

Who else is there? Ridsdale? He's hardly in a position to comment now is he?

So unless Brent has made some new bessie mates who have the inside track on all things 'Fletch', then we're down to the likes of Peter Jones, conspicuous by his silence of late, or God forbid, the President and his other various superfan hangers-on. Jones at least has Boardroom experience in the hiring and firing game. Surely he can see that Fletcher should only ever have been in one place - out on the bloody pitch!

We're nearing the end game now.

Time for Jimmy B to show some balls and take the decisions to try and safeguard our league status.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:05 pm

I don't believe Mr Pres or any other 'superfan' has any input worth a damn. Fact is, it's rapidly becoming obvious that JB has no intention of spending anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 pm

To be fair (even on a football fans' forum Rolling Eyes ) Brent hasn't been saying this only recently. This was his approach from the beginning re the Blue Square.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Relegation to the BSP won't be a bad thing for Argyle at all. For one thing,at least all these small no Nando towns that we will be visiting, like Nailsworth (Forest Green), and Alfreton don't have any flamed grilled chicken outlets for the players to tweet about.
Five or six years in the real wilderness (never mind the one we are in right now) will be good for us, especially when we continue to see former players that we gave away for peanuts, like Mackie, Buzsaky, Mason and Wright Phillips performing at levels that we will sadly never get to now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 pm

My money is on the same clueless idiot who told him "we're only a couple of players off a decent team".

I really do think Brent's plan IS for the club to get relegated.

That way the price of everything falls; wages, land/ground value, lower staffing numbers due to smaller crowd.

From a business man (and that's all he is) relegation makes perfect sense for us to be the little, perfectly run, morally high self sufficient club he was raving about.

I don't buy all this rubbish we're spouted about Brent falling in love with Argyle and football when he has never been interested in football before. He sees the £££ signs of the land available to him.

The sh*t will soon hit the fan and a lot of people will look very stupid from the blind mice following act.

Of course i'd love to be proved wrong and for me to look stupid but I can't see that happening.

We've been played a good 'un AGAIN Evil or Very Mad

But still, atleast we'll have the biggest flag in the Blue Square.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:41 pm

A big flag is not to be sniffed at. If we could get that on the Forza minibus to Tamworth or Pease Pottage Town for a vital BSP relegation battle, it will be like having an extra man.
Has anybody measured the flag? I would hate it, if it didn't fit in the minibus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Cerbera wrote:
I don't believe Mr Pres or any other 'superfan' has any input worth a damn.

Strongly disagree. There's clear indications that their views have had more influence than that of people who've worked for the club for donkey's years.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 pm

argylepaul wrote:
A big flag is not to be sniffed at. If we could get that on the Forza minibus to Tamworth or Pease Pottage Town for a vital BSP relegation battle, it will be like having an extra man.
Has anybody measured the flag? I would hate it, if it didn't fit in the minibus.

Very true. On the subject of the Salsa Verde Massiiiiiiive, can anyone enlighten me about one of their rousing (sic) ditties. I don't know the lyrics, but it has the most mundane, monotonous tone that drones on and on and on. Quite reminiscent of the sort of chant you'd hear from an eastern bloc lower league fanbase stood on a freezing terrace, and clapping in unison, circa 1978. I'm pretty sure the word 'Tamar' is droned at some point in it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Peggy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Strongly disagree. There's clear indications that their views have had more influence than that of people who've worked for the club for donkey's years.
Go on then. Enlighten me.

What evidence have you got to back up that statement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:08 pm

I also would love to know what Peggy's clear indications are because I can't see them myself. Are you trying to tell me that this successful businessman is listening to complete amateurs who he knows have no other input into football other than being a supporter of a club? Sorry but I don't buy that. I also don't buy the theory that he is happy for relegation either. There seems to be an idea that he has spent absolutely no money of his own. Based on what exactly? Is there anyone out there who has seen the purchase details and what if anything has or has not been spent so far? I think not but look forward to the details being posted.

After yesterday's farce of a match, I am beginning to think we have little chance of escaping the drop once more. The rot had set in before Brent got here at the start of the season. Now once again I feel the need to say that I do not love all things Brent and am not on his side particularly in any argument. I just think that people need to think with their head rather than heart in this and he is simply the one people can have a pop at now which is why they do. Somebody advised him over Fletcher's appointment that one thing is clear. That person appears to have been Ridsdale. Given Brent's lack of knowledge about the football game and ownership it was not rocket science that he was going to take that advice. Fact is though that having made the appointment there may not be any going back on it for the rest of this season at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Go on then. Enlighten me.

What evidence have you got to back up that statement?

I'm not going to name names, for obvious reasons, but I've both seen and heard it in action, and posted as much on here a number of times.

I also told you some stuff in the pub the other week which, if not proof that unappointed and unelected individuals are running far too much, certainly proves that they're trying to. Goodness only knows why I've never gone public about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:19 pm

I see on Pasoti Webb is bragging about having 1000 Twatter followers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

unbelievable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Indeed you did Peggy. And whilst disturbing, I still don't see it as proof of anything. I do share your concerns about the stuff we spoke about.

What is becoming obvious is that JB is only in it for the money. He would be happy for us to be in the Southern League, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

unbelievable

It's probably people wanting to know where their Christmas mail went. Royal Mail are giving out his name as the complaints department. After Postman Pat, he's got to be the most famous Postie in the country.

If he gets 2,000 followers he gets his head on the stamps instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 pm

I believe it's these two pundits who JB turns to for advice.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Cerbera wrote:
What is becoming obvious is that JB is only in it for the money. He would be happy for us to be in the Southern League, I'm sure.
It'd be much cheaper and less of a potential liability than if we were in the FL.

Then he can concentrate on building his hotel.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:14 am

Greenjock wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

unbelievable

It's probably people wanting to know where their Christmas mail went. Royal Mail are giving out his name as the complaints department. After Postman Pat, he's got to be the most famous Postie in the country.

If he gets 2,000 followers he gets his head on the stamps instead.

Can you tell me.....is his head still attached to his body when being placed on a stamp........and what value stamp do I have to look for to see it.........all answers on a stamp addressed envelope please.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm

The trouble with a strong leader/personality like Brent is that those around him tend to say what they think he wants to hear. So if he goes on Spotlight saying what he has done about relegation not being the end of the world, it's because some sycophant has let him believe this rather than openly disagreeing with the great one.

As in:

JB "would relegation be such as disaster?"

Ian "No, you're right Mr Brent, it wouldn't be as bad as some might think"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 pm

chriswebbfanclub wrote:
The trouble with a strong leader/personality like Brent is that those around him tend to say what they think he wants to hear. So if he goes on Spotlight saying what he has done about relegation not being the end of the world, it's because some sycophant has let him believe this rather than openly disagreeing with the great one.

As in:

JB "would relegation be such as disaster?"

Ian "No, you're right Mr Brent, it wouldn't be as bad as some might think"

I was thinkin similar.

Brent has shared a directors box and team coach a number of times with them and who knows maybe even a car journey or two. I'm sure in that time they have had talks about Argyle. You can't tell me they've only spoke about the weather!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Do they have weekly board meetings? In the days of yore or BB (before Brent) as it should be known we usually knew when there was a normal board meeting and when there were extraordinary ones. I can barely remember who is on the board outside Brent Newell Webb and Jones Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 pm

JB, If only I could find another way to pay off the back wages without having to fork out money that could be used in much better ways at Home Park scratch

IJN, Shirt auctions Sir. Then the Forest Green team could stay overnight in one of your hotels and be refreshed for the game rather than endure a boring coach journey on the morning of the game.

JB, What a good idea Ian. Now why didn't I think of that?

IJN, Because you're too busy running your property empire to be inconvenienced by petty details.

JB, I like the cut of your gib Ian, I wish there were more like you.

IJN, But there are Sir, dozens of like minded people like me. And we would all use the hotel, bar and conference centre every week to boost our chances of returning to League 2.

JB, Well one thing at a time Ian, one thing at a time. We don't want to run before we can walk and think about overspending on wages to get promoted before we're ready.

IJN, Of course Sir, of course. Consolidate for a while and enjoy the accolade of being the big boys in this league with a shiny new stand.

JB, That's the idea Ian. Let the people see the glory of the big flags draped in the new stand for a couple more years. Now was there anything else?

IJN, Oh yes Sir, before I get my friends on board, could you just remove your glasses. It's a little superstition I have, and I do it with all the club owners. I've never been wrong before.

JB, Oh there's no need for that Ian. If I let you look into my eyes they will all want to and that could get tiresome after a while.

IJN, But I have to give them something Sir. They might start asking questions.

JB, Of course, of course. They can have 20% of the debt, sorry club. 20% of the club Ian. Take that to your friends and I'm sure they'll forget about the whole eyes thing Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Brilliant Jock. I'll put on pbay shortly!! They'll love it.

Merv Plummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:53 pm

There's a truce Merv. Wouldn't want to upset the natives.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

rumour on pasoti that fletcher will stand down IF we lose tomorrow ???? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Greenjock wrote:
JB, If only I could find another way to pay off the back wages without having to fork out money that could be used in much better ways at Home Park scratch

IJN, Shirt auctions Sir. Then the Forest Green team could stay overnight in one of your hotels and be refreshed for the game rather than endure a boring coach journey on the morning of the game.

JB, What a good idea Ian. Now why didn't I think of that?

IJN, Because you're too busy running your property empire to be inconvenienced by petty details.

JB, I like the cut of your gib Ian, I wish there were more like you.

IJN, But there are Sir, dozens of like minded people like me. And we would all use the hotel, bar and conference centre every week to boost our chances of returning to League 2.

JB, Well one thing at a time Ian, one thing at a time. We don't want to run before we can walk and think about overspending on wages to get promoted before we're ready.

IJN, Of course Sir, of course. Consolidate for a while and enjoy the accolade of being the big boys in this league with a shiny new stand.

JB, That's the idea Ian. Let the people see the glory of the big flags draped in the new stand for a couple more years. Now was there anything else?

IJN, Oh yes Sir, before I get my friends on board, could you just remove your glasses. It's a little superstition I have, and I do it with all the club owners. I've never been wrong before.

JB, Oh there's no need for that Ian. If I let you look into my eyes they will all want to and that could get tiresome after a while.

IJN, But I have to give them something Sir. They might start asking questions.

JB, Of course, of course. They can have 20% of the debt, sorry club. 20% of the club Ian. Take that to your friends and I'm sure they'll forget about the whole eyes thing Twisted Evil

Classic-Could be Montgomery Burns and Smithers from The Simpsons.

Just needs "Okely-Dokely" Webb to make up the threesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who exactly, is advising Brent?   Who exactly, is advising Brent? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who exactly, is advising Brent?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next