Grovehill
seadog
akagreengull
Czarcasm
Mook
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

from link wrote:
Former England youth international forward Frank Nouble is manager Ryan Lowe’s third signing of the summer.

Nouble, 28, joins the Pilgrims after the expiry of his contract at Sky Bet League Two side Colchester United, where he contributed five goals and six assists in 38 appearances as the U’s fell short in the play-offs.

A powerful centre-forward who is also adept out wide, Lewisham-born Nouble began his youth career at Chelsea’s Academy, before moving across London to join West Ham United on a long-term professional deal in 2009. Showing significant promise at Upton Park, Frank made ten appearances for the Hammers in his first season, including eight in the Premier League.

Already an England international at under-17 level, Nouble was called up to the England under-19 squad during his impressive opening season with West Ham, and he went on to score twice for the Young Lions in the 3-2 victory over Austria in the UEFA under-19 Championship in the summer of 2010.

His debut professional campaign included loan spells at West Bromwich Albion in the Championship and Swindon Town in League One. In his sophomore season, Nouble extended his footballing education with loan spells at Swansea City, Barnsley, Charlton Athletic and Gillingham – where he scored five goals in 13 appearances.

In the summer of 2012, Nouble joined Wolverhampton Wanderers, but struggled for first-team opportunities at Molineux, subsequently joining fellow Championship side Ipswich Town for an undisclosed fee six months later.

Frank enjoyed much more first-team involvement at Portman Road, making over 60 appearances for the Tractor Boys, before moving on to Coventry City.

While with the Sky Blues, Frank scored a stunning solo goal against Argyle in the quarter-final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, dribbling from inside his own half, past two defenders, before slamming the ball into the top-left corner of Luke McCormick’s net.

Upon leaving Coventry, Nouble joined Chinese side Tianjin Songjiang, before returning to the EFL for spells with Gillingham, Southend United, Newport County and Colchester.

Frank will wear the no.7 shirt for the upcoming 20/21 Sky Bet League One season.

dont know all that much about him other than his goal ratio for a striker is shite.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Aye. Could be a Mickey Evans type player though?
Back to top Go down

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Mook wrote:
Aye. Could be a Mickey Evans type player though?

would be interest to see if he does create as he might be put on the wings like byron moore or be used to set up hardie/telford/moore/lolos or jephcottt like a mickey evans.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Good pedigree as a youngster but yeah he doesn’t score many goals so looks like a squad filler. Hopefully he can contribute more than Ryan Taylor, and not be on such a good wedge contract-wise.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm

Taylor never did get his twenty goals in a season. lol
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Welcome Frank, geddon.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Could well give the team some direction, and knows his way around the lower leagues

With the number of clubs he has played for he might even be more use as a sat nav.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Non prolific journeyman striker just what we need
Back to top Go down

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 8:17 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Non prolific journeyman striker just what we need

im struggling to understand why he signed another striker considering we have at present Hardie, Jephcott, Telford, Moore and Lolos who needs to step it up a gear in terms of his development and if we are considering academy players more than that guy Wilson who signed his pro deal a few weeks ago too so thats 6 strikers already.

As i say i don't know much about the guy beyond what wiki says that he doesnt score many and has had more clubs than my biscuit tin has so i shall wait an see how it pans out. One thing i wont be doing is going ott like the kids on twitter are. I have since muted all plymouth argyle related stuff from my timeline now as its so embarrassing to read.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Moore could end up as a first choice full back (seeing as we don't seem to have any atm) Lolos and Wilson will probably start the season out on loan and given that Telford appears unable to stay fit for more than two games at a time, I think getting another body in was inevitable.

Whether the noble Frank is the answer though, is frankly, doubtful. Unless RL has seen something in him that a dozen or so other Managers have missed.

Sadly, he appears to be another short term solution that could well cost £150,000 in wages (google him) for little or no long term benefit
Back to top Go down

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Moore could end up as a first choice full back (seeing as we don't seem to have any atm) Lolos and Wilson will probably start the season out on loan and given that Telford appears unable to stay fit for more than two games at a time, I think getting another body in was inevitable.

Whether the noble Frank is the answer though, is frankly, doubtful. Unless RL has seen something in him that a dozen or so other Managers have missed.

Sadly, he appears to be another short term solution that could well cost £150,000 in wages (google him) for little or no long term benefit

Moore probably will be unless Ryan signs another RWB with Edwards being the competition for that role and Cleal seems to be high in Ryan's opinion so there is another who can play there whether he is ready too is question for later. The question to ask is how high was he on the shortlist? cause im going to say it now hes not a top 4 imo.

If football manager is anything to go by and back in the days of brent we hire someone who played that game to do our scouting (he now works for Rotherham) Nouble can only play as a winger not Wing Back and striker.
I am going to be interested to see how this pans out and see how he does i say again but its not a signing thats thrilling me i have to be honest.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 5:32 am

All very well slagging the signing but I'd imagine we have cash restraints more than ever before
Remember if Brent was still here the club would be simply gone

Bench warmer I'd imagine this guy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am

Here frank

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 9:01 am

He's big and quick, and from what I've seen of him (Colchester and Newport) he's not the greatest finisher (which is backed up by his goal stats).

He does give us a different option to the other strikers with his size, as we were generally quite a short team last season compared to most in the division.

RL did seem to improve some players last season (in terms of attacking) e.g. Sarvcevic, Hardie so maybe he can help big Frank find the net more regularly?

Colchester fans on twitter seem to think he'll do well for us and I didn't see any ColU fans saying FN is a bad signing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 10:12 am

Yeah the Colchester fans aren’t happy he’s been let go - which is a decent barometer to go by. Like Chem says, he gives us a different option which ain’t a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 10:13 am

Data anylitics in action?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 12:26 pm

Welcome Frank, may your time at HP be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Herald Racists...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 4:10 pm

sack him cancel him whstever the kids do to people who mess up like this get it done. wacist herald.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frank Nouble signs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Nouble signs   Frank Nouble signs Empty

Back to top Go down

Frank Nouble signs
Page 1 of 1