The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Woke up

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 am

The day started for me at around 10.45am yesterday when i arrived at home park to get the 11am coach to Macc. To be fair we made it in excellent time, arriving at 4.30pm after having a 40 minute break! We headed to a local pub and questioned why we all had come so far to see 90 minutes of football. At half time we were still questioning that... Then GOAL!! And that was the answer to our question! ..We then missed about 2 or 3 more absoloute sitters, and i mean sitters, like harder to miss than score to put the game to bed. Walton then replaces Hourihane who i must say played quality, 4 mins of injury time goes up, (dont know where that even came from) and we are all bricking it. We then start to attack, I think it was mc donald squared it and went to the keeper? Anyway WALTON starts moaning and arguing (this is in the 93rd minute) What the f*ck is he doing that for? He then gives away the freekick that lead to the corner that they then scored from.

He think's he's too big for this club, Well mr Walton, you're not. stop acting like some big shot, the only thing big about you id your ego and your stomach.

1-1, Absoloutley robbed, 4 mins injury time and he played 5 and a half minutes, Also why didnt fletch make a sub in stobbage time? Inexperience shows through..

Got some at 4 alcock and have work in an hour.

2 points definatley lost, this saturday we must attack and we have to win. Simple.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:18 pm

monti wrote:
The day started for me at around 10.45am yesterday when i arrived at home park to get the 11am coach to Macc. To be fair we made it in excellent time, arriving at 4.30pm after having a 40 minute break! We headed to a local pub and questioned why we all had come so far to see 90 minutes of football. At half time we were still questioning that... Then GOAL!! And that was the answer to our question! ..We then missed about 2 or 3 more absoloute sitters, and i mean sitters, like harder to miss than score to put the game to bed. Walton then replaces Hourihane who i must say played quality, 4 mins of injury time goes up, (dont know where that even came from) and we are all bricking it. We then start to attack, I think it was mc donald squared it and went to the keeper? Anyway WALTON starts moaning and arguing (this is in the 93rd minute) What the f*ck is he doing that for? He then gives away the freekick that lead to the corner that they then scored from.

He think's he's too big for this club, Well mr Walton, you're not. stop acting like some big shot, the only thing big about you id your ego and your stomach.

1-1, Absoloutley robbed, 4 mins injury time and he played 5 and a half minutes, Also why didnt fletch make a sub in stobbage time? Inexperience shows through..

2 points definatley lost, this saturday we must attack and we have to win. Simple.

Very entertaining account. I remember the days when I was daft enough too. You'll grow out of it, although true Avivas never grow up.

They don't come and see me when I'm bad ! lol!
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm an aviva?

Added to this, I've had about 4 and a half hours sleep, so the account was never going to be great! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:36 pm

monti wrote:
I'm an aviva?

Added to this, I've had about 4 and a half hours sleep, so the account was never going to be great! Rolling Eyes

Were you on here ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:40 pm

I was, it's my 8th away game of the season and the second time i've been on the travel coach. Hate it, but unfortunatley the train price was a bit too steep.

I'll try and find me in these pics....
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:53 pm

That last minute goal can affect your mood more than strong painkillers, if it goes our way, elation, if it doesn't like last night, depth's of despair. Fwiw Monti I understand why you go, If everybody was like Tring we wouldn't have a team to support as we wouldn't have a crowd. lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Cheers Monti, a very entertaining account.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

monti wrote:
I was, it's my 8th away game of the season and the second time i've been on the travel coach. Hate it, but unfortunatley the train price was a bit too steep.

I'll try and find me in these pics....

You mean you didn't get your own dedicated photo... not like el presidente'... Chris Webb arrives... he forgot to wear his crown though lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Elias

Elias

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm

it appears you woke up as late as the defence last night lol!

Must admit ive done more than my fair share of travelling 100's of miles getting back early hours then off to work after hardly any sleep.
Those days are gone to me now, the older you get the harder it is.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Iggy wrote:
That last minute goal can affect your mood more than strong painkillers, if it goes our way, elation, if it doesn't like last night, depth's of despair. Fwiw Monti I understand why you go, If everybody was like Tring we wouldn't have a team to support as we wouldn't have a crowd. lol!

That is true but there's only so much punishment a reasonably intelligent man can take before the futility of it all sets in.
Have been there and got the Tshirts but not any more, until I believe that the leadersahip is intent upon a major push to fulfill the club's potential.

Had enough of eternal mediocrity, selling our best players and the superfans staring at planes and exclaiming,'Look how far we've come !'

ps didn't mean to be rude Monti I enjoyed your account. It made this older man smile.
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Just read this back after getting home.... Some awful grammatical errors, i do apologise.

400 Fans at Macc on a tuesday night.. Exeter - 250 fans at Huddersfield on a saturday...
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

monti wrote:

Respect and regards,my will to attend these type of games has sadly declined these last few years. What makes it worse is the pathetic "heirachy" structure within our fanbase, especially at away games...ie if your not an out and out fan-fest regular or a member of the pasoti elite you might as well talk to your shoe because nobody cares.
Agree with you about the supporters bus...an experience i will never be repeating, the last time i was on one of those it looked like an outing from Charlton house residential home!!
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Charlton House .... ! A fine place. My mother was there for a while before moving on to a full nursing home. Sad for her to move out. I don't think they ran away trips though.....
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 pm

knecht wrote:
Charlton House .... ! A fine place. My mother was there for a while before moving on to a full nursing home. Sad for her to move out. I don't think they ran away trips though.....

I only know because my wife works there Razz
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
knecht wrote:

I only know because my wife works there Razz

The staff were great.
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Luckily i was with a friend, if not then god knows what i would have done, Such a boring way to get to away games, which in my opinion i think should be all about having a laugh, normally involving the consumption of Alcohol..
Back to top Go down

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

monti wrote:
Luckily i was with a friend, if not then god knows what i would have done, Such a boring way to get to away games, which in my opinion i think should be all about having a laugh, normally involving the consumption of Alcohol..

great minds think alike
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:56 am

I went on a supporters' coach once in the 70's, to an FA Cup tie at Forest. We lost 2 - 1. On the journey home, two of our party gpot beaten up by Bristol Rovers thugs at a service station. The coach driver spent about 2 hrs trying to find them at Bromsgrove hospital. Two of us nipped into a pub, outside which we'd been parked, with no driver, for half an hour. The driver returned and despite another fan telling him where we were and rushing in to get us out, he drove off !
Eventually got home on the milk train from B'ham New Street.
Never again. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Woke up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Woke up   Just Woke up Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Woke up
Page 1 of 1