seadog
Rickler
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Keyholder

Keyholder

Take a look!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:31 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
A "Guest" board is worth a try and can be deleted if it doesn't work (or attracts the wrong types)

I think so Frank. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

What shall we call it?
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:19 pm

The Piggery?
Back to top Go down
Keyholder

Keyholder

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Swilly?
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:57 am

Why don't we open all boards to everyone to read? What are we so precious about?

Whoa...

I just logged out and then looked at the website (try it).

Who in their right mind would sign up on what is visually on offer - someone who is obsessed?
There is nothing!

It reinforces what I first stated - open everything to everybody!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:43 am

Rickler wrote:
Why don't we open all boards to everyone to read? What are we so precious about?

Whoa...

Who in their right mind would sign up on what is visually on offer - someone who is obsessed?
There is nothing!

Pluzz wonn.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:21 pm

ArgyleSteward wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Whoa...

There is nothing!

Pluzz wonn.

I guess two votes was enough to swing it?

Well done (GOB -Admin?) on opening the boards so everyone can see everything!
Let's see what happens!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Sorry fellas, it was the intention to have them open from the start but they were closed to view when building the site, I just forgot to open the bleddy things again and I saved the site to open on the log in page, so I didn't suss it.

There will be a few more things like that, that will crop up yet, it's just a case of learning and changing as we go really so if there's anything anyone wants added or taken away etc. just say and I'll do me best, just remember, I'm a learner!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Ponty wrote:
Wow, Data Protection Act counts for nothing on here then?

You've not been here ten minutes and you've started...

What's your gripe now?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:19 pm

I've already looked into the DPA so if anyone has any problems I'm happy to receice the threat of legal action. affraid

IP numbers are not protected either lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:36 pm

GOB wrote:
There will be a few more things like that, that will crop up yet, it's just a case of learning and changing as we go really so if there's anything anyone wants added or taken away etc. just say and I'll do me best, just remember, I'm a learner!

Since you are asking, I have a few...

Can we get the chatbox to run like the other one? Eg; not have to log in each time and not have to click on archives to see the messages?

Since I think all us 'regulars' from the last site seemed to have made it to this one - bar Phenom and PGY and a few 'unwanteds'... Can we get rid of the adverts now? I will gladly chip in? Which reminds me, have there been any costs incurred so far - glad to help in the donation dept.

Who is going to pull the plug on the old site and when?

The font in the message boxes looks really big to me, and the font in the "quoted" boxes looks smaller than normal - is it just me?

..and if we can't use the old name, we need a new name badly...

I would suggest "Argyle Talkers"

But overall, well done to all who did the work.

Thank you.

...and PS. How come Ponty and Cobi 'enter' the members list at #3 and 4? Why does your member # change?

I wondered how I was #1, but since I am, I Kinda like it... I don't want to change.

Last edited by Rickler on Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:

What's your gripe now?

I never posted that!!!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:08 am

Ponty wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:

What's your gripe now?

I never posted that!!!

Don't tell me Newell is sharing your account again already?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:23 am

Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:

What's your gripe now?

I never posted that!!!

Don't tell me Newell is sharing your account again already?

Suspect lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:31 am

I agree with Rickler about the chat box, the rest looks good.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:58 am

Can someone change my name to Mock again? Being ArgoSteward was funny for about half a thread...or if you want I can just create multiple accounts to use depending on which mood I'm in at the time?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:16 am

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

Since you are asking, I have a few...

Can we get the chatbox to run like the other one? Eg; not have to log in each time and not have to click on archives to see the messages?

Since I think all us 'regulars' from the last site seemed to have made it to this one - bar Phenom and PGY and a few 'unwanteds'... Can we get rid of the adverts now? I will gladly chip in? Which reminds me, have there been any costs incurred so far - glad to help in the donation dept.

Who is going to pull the plug on the old site and when?

The font in the message boxes looks really big to me, and the font in the "quoted" boxes looks smaller than normal - is it just me?

..and if we can't use the old name, we need a new name badly...

I would suggest "Argyle Talkers"

But overall, well done to all who did the work.

Thank you.

...and PS. How come Ponty and Cobi 'enter' the members list at #3 and 4? Why does your member # change?

I wondered how I was #1, but since I am, I Kinda like it... I don't want to change.

The Chatbox? – I agree with your points Ricks, there’s a lot I would like to change including the size of the thing but from what I can tell so far there’s no way of changing anything in the Chatbox other then to be able to move it anywhere on the page. I think it’s a case of either we have it or we don’t but I will look at it and ask the boffins about it. – Basically, there are templates that we are using but these can be changed. It involves changing programming scripts (I think that’s the term!). I’m no expert but it’s something that I’ll be working on when I have a spare month or two! – Truly speaking, it’s a case of evolving over time and something that will be updated and changed as and when necessary and as the expertise is developed.

Adverts – Yes they can be removed and again, I will do that next week sometime. But something to remember for the future…If the numbers are high enough we can make money from the advertising that should cover the cost of running the site, i.e the purchasing of a domain name, extra space etc. This also gives me a chance to mention what mine and I think Tring’s and GS’s views are with reference to the future of the site…..

I would like to follow a path where the users donate money for the running of the site in a similar way to PASOTI. This would also provide the door for a voting system to be developed, one donation of £? = The ability to vote to be able to elect admin and mods etc. on an annual basis. - I expect the donations will by far outstrip the cost of running the site and I would suggest that extra income is placed into a sport/football charity sponsorship deal, again on an annual basis. Possibly a club associated charity or even the Trust if/when they get their act together?- I do not believe the site should have close ties with the club itself and the site should always remain totally independent!

So, whilst I can and will remove the advertising it maybe something to consider for the future if we wanted to gain closer ties with club/charitable affiliations. PASOTI is riddled with advertising from top to bottom and whilst I don’t think we should have very many comparisons with PASOTI I think the advertising maybe worth exploring at a later date.

Theses are just ideas that I have but at the end of the day the site belongs to the “users” (no Modbod pun intended!) and it’s entirely up to the majority of where they want the site to go, but first we must walk, then we can run.

When I have a minute I’ll post the total costing of running this site should it take off but it won’t be breaking any bank accounts, it’s much lower then I thought it would be. It’s early days yet so I may well have missed something!

Pulling the plug? – I “think” either Tring or me can pull the plug on the other site but it’s neither of our jobs to do so. The argyletalk.co.uk remains in the ownership of its original owner as far as I am aware and I think we would be breaking rules if we pulled the plug. – I have no idea of the amounts raised by Dan for the running of the old site and I have no idea how long the clock has been left to tick.

The fonts? – I will take a look at these when I get time next week. Most seem fine to me but the font for typing out a post is too small, I can hardly see it. Not sure what others think?

The site name? – Again, it’s something I would like input from others on. Once we take up the name we can then create the domain name and there’ll be no going back, so we need to get it right. – I don’t like the “Democratic” bit but I think it’s important that we somehow give an impression of the values and context of the site, so if anyone has any ideas I would like to read them?

Members list? – No idea Ricks but I’ll take a look when I have a minute. I would guess a new list is created whenever Admin change the registration process, as I have done several times over the past few weeks, the last time being yesterday.

Whilst I’m in typing mode! – I would like to open an Admin Forum so it can be seen and read by all members (not guest) although only admin and mods can make a post. At the moment Tring and me are doing everything by pm and it can be a bit wearing waiting for the responses when there’s a decision to be made and acted on. It will also give everyone the chance to see what’s going on in the engine room.

I also see no reason why we need to ban anyone from this site other then spammers or someone that is intent in bringing the site down by way of persistent libel or interference in the Admin, hacking etc. However, I do believe that should a mischief-maker turn every thread into “banter”, for the want of a better word, we limit the mischief-maker to certain areas of the forum, i.e Blocks 17 & 18, either permanently or temporarily. – This will be down to the discretion of the admin/mods. – If this is not done we risk happening on this site the same result as what occurred on the old site and interest will dwindle in the same fashion. Again, I’m interested to know what others think?

There's a lot of scope on here for other stuff as well so if anyone wishes to get a blog up and running I can create the areas for this. We can also create a space for video blogs as young Cobi likes to do so if anyone has that interest let me know and I'll work on setting it all up. Facebook and Twitter links are also being explored and will come online before long.

We also have the "Gallery" on here so feel free to post pics etc. Tring has already experimented with this.

The site is also now listed in search engines such as Google and I will be expanding this as time goes on.

All ideas, views and comments are welcome and encouraged.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Take a look at my new avatar. Me and my mate Fridge. Pirates eating pizza ! Like a before n after shot lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:34 pm

someone call Greenpeace!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:21 pm

An excellent post Gob, I cannot disagree with anything there. pig
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Ha ha ! 'Harpoon the whale !' or 'Get the whale back in the water!'
Back to top Go down
Ponty

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Ponty wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:

What's your gripe now?

I never posted that!!!

WTF is going on here. I never posted that. This site has either been hacked already or some mod is fecking around, which wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Ponty wrote:
Ponty wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Ponty wrote:

What's your gripe now?

I never posted that!!!

WTF is going on here. I never posted that. This site has either been hacked already or some mod is fecking around, which wouldn't surprise me.

Wasn't me..................... you should be used to these sort of games mate. I hear they happen regularly back on the farm.

BTW what do you consider is essential to provide a balanced and interesting Argyle related forum?
ps Have deleted the original posting which you deny should be attributed to your good self.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Just came across this little thread from a while back.

Thought i'd BUMP it just for the hell of it.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Well don't do it again! I was half way through the first page, thinking how the hell have I missed this, before I realised it was an old thread about the setting up of ATD. Mad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Well don't do it again! I was half way through the first page, thinking how the hell have I missed this, before I realised it was an old thread about the setting up of ATD. Mad

Laughing

Sorry Mr Goat I won't do it again sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take a look!    Take a look!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Take a look!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: