Punchdrunk
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fans back in October? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 3:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
I think the income from ifollow will be both substantial and unexpected

Plymouth Argyle FC @Only1Argyle

Green heart And a reminder to all non season-ticket holders that the game is available to purchase now for just £10 with 100% of net revenue on stream sales paid to us Raising hands

Simon Hallett

Just a reminder that this is the legitimate way to watch and support your club. People who use "IP" services are undermining everything we are trying to do and depriving us of the revenue we need to keep your club going.

SH needs to get his "us  "them" and "your" terms sorted out.  

If it's "your" Club IP users would be depriving "themselves" not "us" of revenue. And if it's "your club" why do we get no say in how "we" run "our" Club, and who is the "us" you refer to? Of course it's not "our" club, any more than Tesco is "our" shop.

Just another subtle way of the owner  continuing to give the impression that he's being benevolent in funding his own business.

And before the usual suspects start firing their vitriol at me, just think how you would have reacted if JB had said the same thing.

JB artfully used a couple of stooges to manipulate the media. SH has chosen a more direct roure.

Of course, with all the media and communications staff the Club employs, they could have just said "Please support the service provided by PAFC as all income will go to the Club

You do make me laugh Grovey. Not a peep from you when the club ((in 99% of supporters eyes) show some ambition in bringing George Cooper in on a 3 year deal.

Yet you attempt to pick apart what is clearly an anti-piracy comment from Hallett like he's the anti-christ.

You're not anti-Hallett though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Look at the "George Cooper Signs" thread for my comments on that matter, you clearly don't see what you don't want to.

II don't think SH is what you suggest, but again, if you make the effort to read what I have said, rather than jump to erroneous conclusions, you'd know that.

But I'm sure SH and his staff are fully aware of the power of social media and don't put anything into the public domain that hasn't been fully considered.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Si obviously reads these boards and others and is well aware of the PM me a stream posts. It was obvious to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 9:15 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Yes, as Grovehill explains what do we get from every tenner after iFollow take their cut.

And do iFollow take a percentage on every paid stream or is there a flat rate so Argyle only see any money if that threshold is exceeded.  

They have too otherwise they wouldnt make any income for hosting the content.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Look at the "George Cooper Signs" thread for my comments on that matter, you clearly don't see what you don't want to.

II don't think SH is what you suggest, but again, if you make the effort to read what I have said, rather than jump to erroneous conclusions, you'd know that.

But I'm sure SH and his staff are fully aware of the power of social media and don't put anything into the public domain that hasn't been fully considered.

I just looked....

LOL. Your one-line response to Coopers signing was nothing more than a dig at previous recruitment!

Your next three comments - on a George Cooper thread, remember - relate to the goalkeeper situation- mainly digs, and your final comment is a dig at Earwig.

You’re a sad man.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 9:50 am

Suggest you google "Constructive criticism"

ADT is a discussion board, we don't all have to have the same opinion on everything
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 10:31 am

Grovey, You are welcome to your opinion. Just don't expect others to agree with it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 10:42 am

Grovehill wrote:
Suggest you google "Constructive criticism"

ADT is a discussion board,  we don't all have to have the same opinion on everything

ADT Lol, not a full shilling foreshore Smile
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 10:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That Freudian slip is most alarming!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 10:48 am

A favourite of Nipples Newell.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
L1 and L2 cannot go more than a couple of matches with no fans. I think the season will be cancelled.

Maybe some this season they will be living within their means?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Not left or right, but Johnson is a fookin clown who has no plan just moves from fvck up to fvck up, god knows when fans well be back probably when the clubs are bankrupt along with the country. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Elias wrote:
Freathy wrote:
L1 and L2 cannot go more than a couple of matches with no fans. I think the season will be cancelled.

Maybe some this season they will be living within their means?

One thing is sure...  'Cancelling' the season would almost ensure the extinction of most lower league clubs.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Outrageous suggestion I know, but players could defer all there salary over say £500/week until the Clubs can afford to pay them.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 7:45 pm

I can’t see fans being allowed back in tbh.

Clubs already have the season-ticket holders cash, so in financial terms it makes little difference whether those fans are physically there or not.

Infection numbers will dictate everything, and sadly they appear to only be going one way. North.
Back to top Go down
SimonMann52

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:27 pm

The yellow perils cultural contribution to the West. This isn't going anywhere for atleast five years so get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Outrageous suggestion I know, but players could defer all there salary over say £500/week until the Clubs can afford to pay them.

Can any playerers afford to do that? Taking a Risk that the club doesn't go bankrupt.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I can’t see fans being allowed back in tbh.

Clubs already have the season-ticket holders cash, so in financial terms it makes little difference whether those fans are physically there or not.

Infection numbers will dictate everything, and sadly they appear to only be going one way. North.

Outdoor venue and make every game all ticket then clubs have details of anyone buying a ticket surely safer than a burger bar in town?
Back to top Go down
SimonMann52

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 8:55 pm

Grovehill wrote:
That's about the most brainless suggestion I've heard. It will end up like old American Confederate currency and national debt. Clubs will never likely be able to clear the balance in a players lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 1:37 pm

SimonMann52 wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
That's about the most brainless suggestion I've heard. It will end up like old American Confederate currency and national debt. Clubs will never likely be able to clear the balance in a players lifetime.

Well, the alternative could be that Clubs go bust and the players get feck all.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 1:42 pm

Elias wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Can any playerers afford to do that? Taking a Risk that the club doesn't go bankrupt.

Clubs are more likely to go bust with the players insisting on getting their 200k (salary cap wages) every month
Back to top Go down
SimonMann52

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Not if, but when it happens, the first EFL club that goes to the wall because of this will almost certainly start a ripple effect of several clubs disappearing. The whole pyramid will look very different in a couple of years time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 3:03 pm

We may end up with only three pro leagues. The EFL would fookin love that only two more to go and they'd get what they really want prem with no relegations.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
We may end up with only three pro leagues. The EFL would fookin love that only two more to go and they'd get what they really want prem with no relegations.

Why would the EFL like the extinction of their business, leaving the rival 'Prem' the only game in town?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Test events very soon.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans back in October?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next