Hugh Midde
seadog
sufferedsince 68
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Started cleaning up my shed. Empty
PostSubject: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 5:54 pm

Paint on the top shelf or adhesives and potions?
Just to keep it football related, shall i stack the tins 442 or go with an emulsion back five?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:15 pm

Big Bertha is back out of her winter lay off. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:25 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

It would make sense it's something you won't be using very often this year Suffy.

Street bunting, party poppers, bottles of champagne, bouncy castles for the kids etc Wink
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 6:51 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

It would make sense it's something you won't be using very often this year Suffy.

Street bunting, party poppers, bottles of champagne, bouncy castles for the kids etc  Wink
Trouble is Hugh, now i've started chuckin out the crap i got nowhere to dump it so i've gone from a tidy shed to a garden full of crap! wake me up when this nightmare is over. cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 pm

Totally gutted my shed the other day. The arachnids I uncovered would have put a Wuhan wet market to shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 7:44 pm

i got two frogs living under mine...
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Did my shed a couple of weeks ago. Started spring cleaning the house.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:39 pm

Painted our bedroom and the sitting room, fixed the crack in the ceiling too.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:42 pm

Got rats under my allotment sheds, but am used to them now, except when I opened a compost bin a couple of months ago, and one lept out right out over my shoulder.
I screamed very loudly. affraid
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 9:56 am

I'd get rid of the verminous bastards. Crypto Spiridium, Weils Disease, E Coli there's pretty well nothing you can't catch from a Rat and if not dealt with the population can double every few weeks. More of a worry than coronavirus.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 12:26 pm

Dug up a big patch of Rose of Sharon yesterday ready for some veg.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 1:32 pm

seadog wrote:
Big Bertha is back out of her winter lay off. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I could be wrong but that looks suspiciously like a false widow ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyFri Apr 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Categorically no. False widow is very small.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 3:25 pm

It looks like a female tegeneria gigantea. From the family of house spiders. Totally harmless unless you're a wood louse. I am a bit of an amateur entomologist.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 3:37 pm

What’s this feckker then Freathy ?
It got quite assy when I tried to reclaim the shed.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 3:58 pm

It's actually from the same tegenaria family. Again its probably gigantea. These are very commonly found in sheds and garages. The females stay there all year round and the males wander off in the autumn looking for females to mate with often venturing into houses which is why you find huge spiders in your house in the autumn. This example is probably a female without eggs (no swollen abdomen). Males are quite distinctive from females as they have much longer legs and bigger pedipalps (feelers on the head).
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
It got quite assy when I tried to reclaim the shed.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It could be a finger. bounce outtahere hide

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 4:36 pm

I can remember coming across Camel Spiders in Jordan, fearsome feckers looked more like scorpions then arachnids
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 4:43 pm

I think I have said before how I used to play with big spiders in my Grandmother's garden when I was young. It was only later as an adult that I realised they were the ones that came over with the bananas stored at the 'Geese' fruit warehouse a couple of hundred yards away.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I can remember coming across Camel Spiders in Jordan, fearsome feckers looked more like scorpions then arachnids

Actually scorpions are arachnids
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptySat Apr 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

Pretty sure that’s a house spider. They can give a nasty nip.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Finished doing quite a few shit jobs i would never have done around the house garden and shed, if it was'nt for the lockdown, re benching the manhole in the backyard would not ever have made the list of jobs done! cheers cheers geek living the dream! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyTue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 pm

cleaned inside all the guttering on my conservatory today using a set of telescopic ladders (good bits of kit if you can suss them out without losing your fingers) 7 pounds of fermented leaves,dead insects, seagul shit, silt and crisp packets were retrieved. A right bio hazard in itself.
Might attempt the soffit boards tomorrow put that would be pushing it a bit too far with the safety side of things using telescopics.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:10 pm

Was down at Newton Abbot Town Quay at teatime looking for a non native Hydroid e.g in waders looking into the river water, am used to the strange looks - football, indeed all sport seems a distant memory now, although I am aware the cricket season would have started next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started cleaning up my shed.   Started cleaning up my shed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Started cleaning up my shed.
Page 1 of 1