Earwegoagain
Punchdrunk
RegGreen
akagreengull
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

No Ice Arena at Home Park Empty
PostSubject: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 12:08 pm

herald wrote:
Plymouth's long-awaited new ice arena could be built before the end of 2020 – but in a different location.

The Mayflower Ice Arena was due to sit on a patch of land next to Plymouth Argyle’s redeveloped grandstand and the new Green Teverners’ Suite.

But the arena, expected to cover 40,000sqft, will now be sited nearer the Life Centre, on ground originally earmarked for the Higher Home Park office and retail development.

It means the plans have in effect been flipped with the former ice rink site now sold by a firm controlled by ex-Argyle chairman James Brent to the football club.

The office block development at Higher Home Park, which will contain three restaurants
The office block development at Higher Home Park, shown on the right in this artist's impression, and the ice rink, on the left, are now switched around under new plans (Image: Lambert Smith Hampton)
So the club could, if it wants, build some retail and offices on the land, or even leave it as the car park it is currently being used for.

Meanwhile, Plymouth Live now understands talks are at an advanced stage between interested parties with a view to starting work on the ice arena as soon as possible.

Mr Brent is unable to speak about the ice rink plan as it is commercially sensitive, but, with a nine-month build period, it is understood that there is a desire for the rink to be in place before the end of 2020, which would fulfil Mr Brent’s vow to have it open during the Mayflower 400 year.

if brent's still involved with that then it should be a given that its not getting built anytime soon.

The Ice arena would suit being in that area more than slap bang in the middle of a football ground i feel. Dread to think however what crap will be built in the carpark now though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 1:25 pm

"Mr Brent is unable to speak about the ice rink plan as it is commercially sensitive"

More like there is once again nothing to talk about as the Squire continues to squat on his land waiting for some mug to pay for it all.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 1:49 pm

Just reading his name sends shivers down my spine.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
"Mr Brent is unable to speak about the ice rink plan as it is commercially sensitive"

More like there is once again nothing to talk about as the Squire continues to squat on his land waiting for some mug to pay for it all.

shorely they mean Comically sensitive lol! exactly Hugh but this time the mugs gunna take a while to find this time so I expect the little shit will still be ferreting around the corridors of the theatre of schemes for a while just yet
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 2:51 pm

speaking to potential investors. Maybe they will look into his eyes

laugh lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
speaking to potential investors. Maybe they will look into his eyes

laugh lol!
or see his lip wobble lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 3:04 pm

"It means the plans have in effect been flipped with the former ice rink site now sold by a firm controlled by ex-Argyle chairman James Brent to the football club.

The office block development at Higher Home Park, which will contain three restaurants
The office block development at Higher Home Park, shown on the right in this artist's impression, and the ice rink, on the left, are now switched around under new plans (Image: Lambert Smith Hampton)
So the club could, if it wants, build some retail and offices on the land, or even leave it as the car park it is currently being used for."

Everything Brent is involved in is as clear as mud as per usual. Without the plans I can't see what goes where but I wasnt aware that Brent owned any higher home park land other Han a piece of the car park and the vets?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
"It means the plans have in effect been flipped with the former ice rink site now sold by a firm controlled by ex-Argyle chairman James Brent to the football club.

So the club could, if it wants, build some retail and offices on the land, or even leave it as the car park it is currently being used for."

Everything Brent is involved in is as clear as mud as per usual. Without the plans I can't see what goes where but I wasnt aware that Brent owned any higher home park land other Han a piece of the car park and the vets?

it needs to be something that benefits the club, the life centre and keeps the ethos of the park without ruining it. 3 restaurants isnt going to do that as they are too far out the way to be viable or office space for yuppies isnt going too either... id just leave as a car park atm.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Jimmy the developer, is always comedy gold.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 6:34 pm

".....it is understood that there is a desire for the rink to be in place before the end of 2020, which would fulfil Mr Brent’s vow to have it open during the Mayflower 400 year"

cheers cheers

This type of classic Brentism is a prime example of the sort of bollocks we had to put up with for years.

In Brents world, he tries to justify completely missing all the hyped up Mayflower400 stuff, so long as it's open "during the Mayflower400 year".

lol! lol!

In a wierd way I've kinda missed listening to all his classic non-developing excuses. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 7:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 7:37 pm

Problem being he got away with it being a shed when it was tucked away behind the gym and office block (stop sniggering at the back). Now it is back next to "iconic art deco facade" they should start up entrance like the image on Herald article which is from HHP Mk1 (what did I say about sniggering).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 8:53 pm

green_genie wrote:
Problem being he got away with it being a shed when it was tucked away behind the gym and office block (stop sniggering at the back). Now it is back next to "iconic art deco facade" they should start up entrance like the image on Herald article which is from HHP Mk1 (what did I say about sniggering).

im going to look for the clusterfuck mark 1 plans later.. lets have a bit of comedy on thursday reliving the absolute fuckerey it was and how the council voted to pass it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 1:15 am

Czarcasm wrote:

".....it is understood that there is a desire for the rink to be in place before the end of 2020, which would fulfil Mr Brent’s vow to have it open during the Mayflower 400 year"

cheers cheers

This type of classic Brentism is a prime example of the sort of bollocks we had to put up with for years.

In Brents world, he tries to justify completely missing all the hyped up Mayflower400 stuff, so long as it's open "during the Mayflower400 year".

lol! lol!

In a wierd way I've kinda missed listening to all his classic non-developing excuses. Laughing

There's a quote missing from the end of the article as reprinted on this site..

In 2018 Mr Brent told Plymouth Live: “The ice rink is really important to have open by 2020. It’s a much simpler build – it’s effectively a big shed.”

"by" has been replaced with "for".

So we are already five weeks behind schedule and it hasn't even been started yet...
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 am

Whats the odds not a brick or girder are laid in 2020

99.99%
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 6:42 am

Brent history repeats with monotonous regularity.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:42 am

Nobody wants to pay for it and as we all know Bent himself won’t pay a penny.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 7:54 am

You would think after selling off the pavilions Car park for a few million Brent would use that money to bank roll the ice shed.

But as we all know Brent won't do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 9:43 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
You would think after selling off the pavilions Car park for a few million Brent would use that money to bank roll the ice shed.

But as we all know Brent won't do that.

hes skint or very very tight with his money either way he wont pay for anything.Probably be another case of hallett bailing him out again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 10:17 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

cheers cheers

lol! lol!

In 2018 Mr Brent told Plymouth Live: “The ice rink is really important to have open by 2020. It’s a much simpler build – it’s effectively a big shed.”

So we are already five weeks behind schedule and it hasn't even been started yet...

What gets my goat is how The Heralds prints Brents vague business waffle verbatim as though it were the words of a Prophet.

There's no attempt to question him or hold him to account for anything "Why isn't this finished?" "Why have you never laid a brick on a single project you have started?" "How much did you make off the sale of the Pavilions Card Park?" Not a word they just let him write the article.

I know he likes hiding behind lawyers but feck me you can't get sued for holding someone to account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 10:24 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

cheers cheers

lol! lol!

What gets my goat is how The Heralds prints Brents vague business waffle verbatim as though it were the words of a Prophet.

There's no attempt to question him or hold him to account for anything "Why isn't this finished?" "Why have you never laid a brick on a single project you have started?" "How much did you make off the sale of the Pavilions Card Park?" Not a word they just let him write the article.

I know he likes hiding behind lawyers but feck me you can't get sued for holding someone to account.

you're right, its not like he is involved with the club anymore (THANK GOD) and this venture is seperate from the club so there is no reason at all why the herald shouldnt be taking him to task now. Whats the worse he can do ban them from the opening of it in 2080?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 3:35 pm

Hearald hold him to account would they F#%K they ain’t got the bollox to
If anythink the City of London police fraud squad should have been knocking on his door ages with the pavillions shenanigans for starters specially the geezer who persuaded the council to give him the gig then jump shit to work for brent I don’t give a F#%K what anybody says and in my opinion that’s blatantly dodgie as F#%K
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Surely there's nobody simple enough left in the muff who belives in the Magic Man.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:29 pm

Brent went on Spotlight and had the closest thing to a grilling from the midget Justin about wtf are you doing you haven't built anything yet? I knew someone who worked there at the time and Brent was apoplectic because he didn't have smoke blown up his arse and funnily enough was the last time we saw the twat on telly.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 7:14 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Brent went on Spotlight and had the closest thing to a grilling from the midget Justin about wtf are you doing you haven't built anything yet? I knew someone who worked there at the time and Brent was apoplectic because he didn't have smoke blown up his arse and funnily enough was the last time we saw the twat on telly.

Over on ITV local news Clare Manning was scathing of the shyster over that same issue

History books will show him as the saviour of the club whereas the reality was he raped the joint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Ice Arena at Home Park   No Ice Arena at Home Park Empty

Back to top Go down

No Ice Arena at Home Park
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next