Les Miserable
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 am

nikkk wrote:
This site is a mess. No chance of talking about football without personal abuse and I see my friend Paul T is getting trolled constantly... Guys you have some serious work to do if you want to be recognised as any kind of serious Argyle forum.

Your "friend" Paul T? That says it all.. The world's biggest moron.

..and what do you call a "serious Argyle forum"? I suppose you mean Pasoti? Who wants to be a site like that? A site run by a complete narcissistic pathological lying psychopath with an inferiority complex.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:25 am

Rickler wrote:
nikkk wrote:
This site is a mess. No chance of talking about football without personal abuse and I see my friend Paul T is getting trolled constantly... Guys you have some serious work to do if you want to be recognised as any kind of serious Argyle forum.

Your "friend" Paul T?   That says it all..  The  world's biggest moron.

..and what do you call a "serious Argyle forum"?  I suppose you mean Pasoti?  Who wants to be a site like that?  A site run by a complete narcissistic pathological lying psychopath with an inferiority complex.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:58 am

nikkk wrote:
laugh laugh laugh laugh Its called free speech Fesflop, i doubt many on here would want to post on a site run by you and your fellow Cornishman.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 10:13 am

nikkk wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion of course, which presupposes that this site wants to to be recognised as a serious Argyle forum. It is what it is, a site for Argyle fans to to visit and post if they wish, within the rules and the law. I would suggest the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously is why it carries on and people keep coming back to it.

It is, as the header says, the only independent forum for Argyle fans. It isn't weighed down by adverts, opinions expressed here do not have to agree with the owner and his cabal, and it isn't a thinly disguised money making exercise.

You are welcome to post here, or you may not choose to, that's entirely up to you, although given your 'history' you should expect one or two comments outside of the football arena, as should one or two others, who, given their regular complaining, would have been expected to leave as well - but, in the main, they don't. Perhaps they don't take the site too seriously either.

Anyway, a good win yesterday, things are looking much better since Brent's departure, wouldn't you agree?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Good Post
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Are there actually any moderators on this site? If people just want to vent their childish dislike of each other or settle old grudges, that's up to them, but can their posts be deleted? This is a football forum, not a school playground.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:28 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
nikkk wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion of course, which presupposes that this site wants to to be recognised as a serious Argyle forum. It is what it is, a site for Argyle fans to to visit and post if they wish, within the rules and the law. I would suggest the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously is why it carries on and people keep coming back to it.

It is, as the header says, the only independent forum for Argyle fans. It isn't weighed down by adverts, opinions expressed here do not have to agree with the owner and his cabal, and it isn't a thinly disguised money making exercise.

You are welcome to post here, or you may not choose to, that's entirely up to you, although given your 'history' you should expect one or two comments outside of the football arena, as should one or two others, who, given their regular complaining, would have been expected to leave as well - but, in the main, they don't. Perhaps they don't take the site too seriously either.

Anyway, a good win yesterday, things are looking much better since Brent's departure, wouldn't you agree?

So many spot-on points made here by PP, but none more so than the one in bold.

ATD doesn't exist to court popular opinion. If it did and attracted a lot of the dullards that infest Pasoti, it'd be time to shut up shop.

Mercifully, my strapline is as relevant today as it was 9 years ago.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:03 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
nikkk wrote:

Indeed Here! Here!...well said that man Good Post
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:26 pm

I would personally like to see an independent online trading ombudsman investigate PASOTI, so many suspect auctions, sponsorships of different sub forums and the blatant profiteering on RBL pin badges was beyond disgraceful.

PASOTI has form for being associated with dodgyness and it’s high time the place was audited from top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 3:48 pm

I remember when self confessed nice guy Rapson, used to give us Forum improvement tips to make us more Bumlicky like Choppers forum, he got the same response as the failed money lender.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Is RAPPO not using PASOTI as a vehicle to promote his pannier market gig ?

MODs feel free to merge this with PASOTI thread
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 4:24 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
nikkk wrote:

So many spot-on points made here by PP, but none more so than the one in bold.

ATD doesn't exist to court popular opinion. If it did and attracted a lot of the dullards that infest Pasoti, it'd be time to shut up shop.

Mercifully, my strapline is as relevant today as it was 9 years ago.

Absobleddylootly me old mucker. It does amuse me that people like Nikkk and Nool feel so uncomfortable without the barriers that constrain them most of which are self imposed. It says more about them not understanding why we don't need to be taken seriously than it does us, the original "cesspit of Bile" ROTG's was great for the same reason. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 5:49 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Are there actually any moderators on this site? If people just want to vent their childish dislike of each other or settle old grudges, that's up to them, but can their posts be deleted? This is a football forum, not a school playground.

1) Yes. If you didn't post with blinkers on and looked properly you would see that some users avatars state that they are admin.
2) If you look in the 'Site Section' of the forum there is a sicky thread near the top telling people who the mod team are.
3) If the above is too difficult, you could always ask on a thread.
4) We don't delete posts endless we have to. Most are moved to other sections with their own thread. Others, of a more serious nature, are moved to the admin parts of the forum.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Would that include deleting "childish dislikes" of Lowe and Hallett?

If so.. Not many of your recent posts would remain.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:12 pm

But am I the only person who thinks ATD as a forum for PAFC fans is being devalued by posters airing their petty grievances here? And by the continued references to another forum and it's users?

I'd must rather read/post about football matters than be a bystander while some people continue squabbles that are best left behind us all.

Let's move on everyone!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Grovehill wrote:
But am I the only person who thinks ATD as a forum for PAFC fans is being devalued by posters airing their petty grievances here? And by the continued references to another forum and it's users?

Where on earth have you been?

ATD had been the same way since day one.

It is, what it is....
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Grovehill wrote:

I'd must rather read/post about football matters than be a bystander while some people continue squabbles that are best left behind us all.

Let's move on everyone!

Move on nothing to see here from the guy who called for someting to be seen

What a knob
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Before day one FFS!

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 7:19 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

If so..  Not many of your recent posts would remain.

There's a world of difference between expressing a different point of view about matters Argyle related (it is a forum for PAFC fans, after all) and engaging in e-mail table tennis about old, non football related grievances and dislikes. I fail to see how posting 4 letter word laden abuse about someone is adding to any Argyle related discussion.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:25 pm

It doesn't, never has and it never will.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

There's a world of difference between expressing a d wok point of view about matters Argyle related (it is a forum for PAFC fans, after all) and engaging in e-mail table tennis about old, non football related grievances and dislikes. I fail to see how posting 4 letter word laden abuse about someone is adding to any Argyle related discussion.  

I agree 100%, It making hard work to post new threads on here, then see each one turned into personal battle fields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

There's a world of difference between expressing a d wok point of view about matters Argyle related (it is a forum for PAFC fans, after all) and engaging in e-mail table tennis about old, non football related grievances and dislikes. I fail to see how posting 4 letter word laden abuse about someone is adding to any Argyle related discussion.  

I agree 100%, It making hard work to post new threads on here, then see each one turned into personal battle fields.

thats the issue, its not the debating on argyle or whatever the for and against that tend to turn threads into them its when someone gets to passionate about their view and starts getting personal that it tends to go way off topic.

Its that that needs to be curbed but the actual talk of argyle isnt the issue.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 11:33 pm

That will require self discipline from members not to resort to whataboutery on every thread.

There are already numerous threads of shite where ALL this has been aired countless times before.

Shall we try and keep the Mayflower for footy threads? All threads wander a bit, fair enough, but let's try and curb the abuse and writing/ rewriting of history.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 pm

seadog wrote:
That will require self discipline from members not to resort to whataboutery on every thread.

There are already numerous threads of shite where ALL this has been aired countless times before.

Shall we try and keep the Mayflower for footy threads? All threads wander a bit, fair enough, but let's try and curb the abuse and writing/ rewriting of history.

You're right it does. It would be nice if The argyle stuff was just argyle there are other areas of the forum that can be used for arguing with each other other nothing really.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:10 am

If that happens I keep putting new threads up, if it do not I will become a watcher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle   Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stevenage v Plymouth Argyle
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next