Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Is this an incoming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 12:50 pm

Sonny Bradley was a Crawley??? reject wasn’t he? He turned out pretty good. If it is this guy from Newport let’s give him a chance to prove his former club wrong.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:52 pm

Watching the Yeovil game on tv from yesterday and they have a pair of goal scorers, Duffus and Murphy, who have scored 27 between them. They also have a young lad called Ollie McCoy on loan from Birmingham who is a great player up front and desperate to play unfortunately the manager just doesn’t pick him (son of a family friend 😀).

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 2:10 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sonny Bradley was a Crawley??? reject wasn’t he? He turned out pretty good. If it is this guy from Newport let’s give him a chance to prove his former club wrong.

Good point, lets offer a contract to every player given a free transfer (ie sacked) by 4th Division clubs. Worked a treat with Jose Baxter!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 2:23 pm

So let’s only offer contracts to players who have never been released from another club or even better never played for any club and see where that gets us.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Ten twelve thousand tomorrow,fourteen sixteen thousand on new years day, we should be signing quality and quality players should want to come here imo.

Problem is you wont see Any of them again until we get into the play-offs or play Exeter.

The janner disease. Boils my piss

I know how you feel but give the masses a reason to believe and they will come.

If we are afraid of surviving in the 3rd tier with the the likes of Forest Green, Burton and Accrington Stanley, with our crowd potential, we might as well give up........I almost have.

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Good point, lets offer a contract to every player given a free transfer (ie sacked) by 4th Division clubs. Worked a treat with Jose Baxter!

Not every player, no. Obviously not.

Let's try and use our footballing nouse and give contracts to players with promise who have been sacked by other clubs, like Southend - who sacked Freddie Ladapo.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 6:22 pm

Bristol City midfielder Tyreeq Bakinson was among the near 12,000-crowd at Home Park as Plymouth Argyle beat Stevenage 2-1.

The 21-year-old Bristol City midfielder is udnerstood by Plymouth Live to be close to completing all the paperwork over a loan move to the Pilgrims for the rest of the season.

There is even a chance he could feature in the New Year's Day clash against table-topping Swindon Town at Home Park.

It is thought that Bakinson has trained with the Pilgrims over recent days
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Bristol City midfielder Tyreeq Bakinson was among the near 12,000-crowd at Home Park as Plymouth Argyle beat Stevenage 2-1.

The 21-year-old Bristol City midfielder is udnerstood by Plymouth Live to be close to completing all the paperwork over a loan move to the Pilgrims for the rest of the season.

There is even a chance he could feature in the New Year's Day clash against table-topping Swindon Town at Home Park.

It is thought that Bakinson has trained with the Pilgrims over recent days

Surely if he was any good, he'd be joining "Dad" at Plainmoor?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 7:44 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
So let’s only offer contracts to players who have never been released from another club or even better never played for any club and see where that gets us.

Quality, quality, quality. Get the message through your skull FFS

The aim must be to sign better than we've already got-and that's unlikely to be players who currently can't get a game in the same division or the one above. PAFC already have 20 odd bang average 4th Division players-name 3 or 4 players in the squad who certs to start when fit. I've got the "average but Lowe likes him" Mayor and the similarly defined MacFazdean, a full back who's good at a lot of things, but getting back into position ain't one of them.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:00 pm

Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

The aim must be to sign better than we've already got-and that's unlikely to be players who currently can't get a game in the same division or the one above. PAFC already have 20 odd bang average 4th Division players-name 3 or 4 players in the squad who certs to start when fit. I've got the "average but Lowe likes him" Mayor  and the similarly defined MacFazdean, a full back who's good at a lot of things, but getting back into position ain't one of them.

Sawyer
Canavan
Wootton
Sarce
J Edwards
Mayor
Mcfad
Palmer

at this stage you could probably add Josh Grant and  B. Moore

So ten.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

The aim must be to sign better than we've already got-and that's unlikely to be players who currently can't get a game in the same division or the one above. PAFC already have 20 odd bang average 4th Division players-name 3 or 4 players in the squad who certs to start when fit. I've got the "average but Lowe likes him" Mayor  and the similarly defined MacFazdean, a full back who's good at a lot of things, but getting back into position ain't one of them.

No get it through your skull. Stop being a dick splash and get my point that just because a player has been released from a club doesn’t always mean they are ALL crap. Tynan was a Liverpool ‘reject’ but went on to do very well for us.

You are a very different person to the one who was here a couple of years ago!

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:35 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Sawyer
Canavan
Wootton
Sarce
J Edwards
Mayor
Mcfad
Palmer

So ten.

Fook me but the first three (bar Canavans swansong today) kind of make Groveys point for him.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Sawyer
Canavan
Wootton
Sarce
J Edwards
Mayor
Mcfad
Palmer

So ten.

Fook me but the first three (bar Canavans swansong today) kind of make Groveys point for him.

Sorry, I thought Grovey's point was there was only 3-4 players who were certs to start? The first eight players I named have started in approx 85% or more of the games this season
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:57 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Sawyer
Canavan
Wootton
Sarce
J Edwards
Mayor
Mcfad
Palmer

So ten.

Sorry, I  thought Grovey's point was there was only 3-4 players who were certs to start?  The first eight players I named have started in approx 85% or more of the games  this season

It's a moot point I guess, I've no doubt you are correct but those three should have been shifted start of the season, the fact they are nailed on starters speaks volumes about the quality of this squad.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Of those 8 players, five have (to put it politely) been around the block a bit and ended up at HP on freebies,2 I have already mentioned and the other one isn't even our player!

Even if you offered them as a bogof, I'd be amazed if we could sell them!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Sawyer
Canavan
Wootton
Sarce
J Edwards
Mayor
Mcfad
Palmer

So ten.

Sorry, I  thought Grovey's point was there was only 3-4 players who were certs to start?  The first eight players I named have started in approx 85% or more of the games  this season

It's a moot point I guess, I've no doubt you are correct but those three should have been shifted start of the season, the fact they are nailed on starters speaks volumes about the quality of this squad.

I think what turns the volume up to eleven is the fact those three (more or less) have the fifth best defensive record in the division this season and have kept a clean sheet in nine out of twenty two league games.  

The defence is not the problem.  If we had had the same defence last year (which we did in names alone) we would have probably have had a decent shot at the playoffs as opposed to being relegated?  

Here is the actual proof in the pudding in that it's not always the player(s) that is crap, but the system they are playing and the coaching and managing they are getting, can make a huge difference!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this an incoming   Is this an incoming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this an incoming
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: