Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)

Go down 
+10
seadog
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
VillageGreen
sufferedsince 68
harvetheslayer
akagreengull
RegGreen
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Excellent win
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Table looking good at the moment. Geddon Ryan.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Whoop whoop, very good result.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Blimey! Good result. Was expecting a no show from the players and defeat today. Maybe, albeit with an addition or two, this team is capable of mounting a play-off challenge.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Freathy wrote:
Blimey! Good result.  Was expecting a no show from the players and defeat today.  Maybe, albeit with an addition or two, this team is capable of mounting a play-off challenge.

Put the sherry down Freathers Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Great win puts us in a very good position as we approach the last game of the year sunday to break into the play offs with 2 games in hand.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Cheltenham view of the game

. A decent performance against a woeful Plymouth side.

I didn't think Plymouth were woeful at all, in fact they played some nice stuff at times. Easily one of the best sides I've seen here.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 7:40 pm

seadog wrote:
Off Dover with dodgy Internet, coming and going on me fire stick.

Very pervy if you ask me! Shocked Suspect Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Cheltenham Town manager Michael Duff after the 1-0 defeat by Plymouth Argyle

Do you feel you deserved something from the game?

Absolutely. I thought we deserved to win the game, never mind draw. We were excellent for large parts of the game and Plymouth are a big club in this league. They have a real way of playing and we nullified that today. We have to score at key times in games, which is the one thing we have struggled to do recently. We started really well, then we had a little bit of a look at them. At the start of the second half again we had two minutes when the ball was fizzing across the face of goal and we need somebody to land on those. There was some real good quality and even at the end, we had some good chances as well. It’s not just the centre forwards because there were lots of people missing lots of chances, but to create that many chances against a team like Plymouth shows that we have been good on the day.

Does that show how much you are missing the likes of Luke Varney and Reuben Reid?

There is no doubt because they are two big players, but they are not available. I am not one for what about this or that, I can't control whether they are injured or not and they are injured. The amount of chances we created, it's frustrating as the lads were excellent, ran their socks off and kept going for 94 or 95 minutes, so it’s a tough one to swallow.

There were a number of times when you moved into crossing positions, but was there a reluctance to cross the ball because there was only Alex Addai of Gavin Reilly in there?

We don't want to toss the ball in the box and the supporters need to recognise that sometimes. If you see some of the goals we've scored this year, most of them have been scored from getting to that byline area. You can't be critical when we don't score because even with Reuben and Reg (Varney) in the team we don't want balls being tossed into the box from 30 or 40 yards up the pitch. We do work and we like to go into the box from the side of the box and then centre forwards have to make certain runs and the ball should be going into certain areas. Those are the things we work on. I understand sometimes when we are losing 1-0, supporters want us to boot it, but it won't happen, not with me anyway. If they want someone to do that, as soon as you go 1-0 down, change everything you do...we won't come away from what we believe and what's got us to where we are now. It's important we stick to it. We did play a bit predictably for 15 minutes in the second half, which we told them in the second half and they listened and they changed it. Working into certain areas of the pitch is what we work on a lot.

You kept them quiet and Scott Flinders had nothing to do in the second half, with all the play at the other end

Yes and against a very good team. The whole game I was looking to my left down the hill and if we can get that goal in the first two minutes of the second half, it's difficult for them to hold on. They have completely come away from what they normally do, but that's because we've impacted that onto them. They are a threat on the counter attack, but we've done everything we can to try and win the game. We stuck Boylo (Will Boyle) on for the last 10 minutes up front to change it around and he's done all right up there. A frustrating day.

Does it show you are missing a target man?

We had nobody else on the bench. I am not saying we are not missing them, but I can't do anything about it. I can go home tonight, cry and wish I had Reg and Reuben, but they aren't available. Until they are we have to try and pick the right team and get the players into the right areas.

Is that the sort of player you might be looking for in the next month?

Not really because why would you want three the same. We are not a club who can carry three big centre forwards and four little centre forwards. We are looking at people, but it's not specifically a target man because we are hoping they won't both be injured for that long. We can't carry those volumes of squads because you'd imagine a target man is going to cost a lot of money because everyone is looking for one at this level. So we are looking at areas, but it's not specifically a target man, now.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2019 10:52 pm

I see on PASOTI Newell is desperatly trying to generate interest for his dying forum by creating a clickbait thread about 1 x single SUPPORTER who left his thoughts about today on the CTFC forum ! WTF

Although the fan in question is probably quite detached from reality, the Newell tactics of trying to rabble rouse is unmistakable.

The only issue is Newell couldnt rouse anything.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 10:45 am

Thank fook Roobs was injured he would have scored foreshore. Really thought we'd struggle today, Chelts are going well and we are better at home. Don't care about better team losing we ended up with three points in the bag and I'll take that thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 am

Damn fine win was that at Cheltenham Town..

I can envisage Stevenage Borough getting a thrashing on Saturday !!.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 12:01 pm

After 21 games have scored 31 conceded 22 so the stats indicate we have one of the best defences in the league, listening to the game yesterday seemed to me the back three were fairly solid and maintained another clean sheet, although obviously Cheltenham's finishing was shit.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI Newell is desperatly trying to generate interest for his dying forum by creating a clickbait thread about 1 x single SUPPORTER who left his thoughts about today on the CTFC forum ! WTF

Although the fan in question is probably quite detached from reality, the Newell tactics of trying to rabble rouse is unmistakable.

I quoted that fan quote 3 hours before Nool posted his and I notice the same Cheltenham site copy my report on the referee  for that game. he starting new threads after thread. Did he go to the game or wasn't his services needed
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 2:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I quoted that fan quote 3 hours before Nool posted his and I notice the same Cheltenham site copy my report on the referee  for that game. he starting new threads after thread. Did he go to the game or wasn't  his services needed

Pigging it in corporate area as he was chauffeuring Trevor East apparently
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I quoted that fan quote 3 hours before Nool posted his and I notice the same Cheltenham site copy my report on the referee  for that game. he starting new threads after thread. Did he go to the game or wasn't  his services needed

cheers cheers cheers cheers A masterclass in the art of the posh leg hump by the leg-end, Trev as only been at the club five minutes and he's been a victim to the Illogan leg clamp!!! top top work CJ. jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 4:26 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers A masterclass in the art of the posh leg hump by the leg-end, Trev as only been at the club five minutes and he's been a victim to the Illogan leg clamp!!! top top work CJ. jocolor

Illogan leg clamp.... laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

The fat C#%T has no shame whatsoever he will shag anyone’s leg if there got a bigger tax bracket than him he ain’t got shread of self respect in his body the fat shit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 6:33 pm

Wonder if Nooly personally handed a copy of his CV to Mr Jonny Rocks whilst in the hot fork yesterday, I expect Mr Rocks would have been mightily impressed by it:laugh3: laugh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 7:05 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Illogan leg clamp....   laugh laugh

cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Illogan leg clamp....   laugh laugh

cheers
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 9:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

illogan leg clamp class laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 7:17 am

Where did Illogan or Cornwall come from reference Nooly in the first place lol
Top poster greatly missed here tracked him back (occasionally he pops up on Rob Bullens timeline) and the silly sod was born in Greenbank lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 10:53 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Top poster greatly missed here tracked him back (occasionally he pops up on Rob Bullens timeline) and the silly sod was born in Greenbank lol

It goes back to the original pasoti which is still available it's all Nool trying to be a hooly, slagging off anyone who doesn't stand wiv his gang at the foot of the flood lighting pylon, slagging off gays and guess what at the time he's living in Illogan Highway. I think it's Frank Bullitt who dug it out.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

It goes back to the original pasoti which is still available it's all Nool trying to be a hooly, slagging off anyone who doesn't stand wiv his gang at the foot of the flood lighting pylon, slagging off gays and guess what at the time he's living in Illogan Highway. I think it's Frank Bullitt who dug it out.

Pretty much spot on Pig Pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)   Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham Town FC v Plymouth Argyle FC and (TEAM SHEET)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next