Les Miserable
VillageGreen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

What Next For The Labour Party ? Empty
PostSubject: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:14 pm

With Corbyn and McDonnell leaving soon, what next for Labour.

Do they stick with the hard-left stance, or move to a centre-left agenda.

Who will be the new leader and what could they bring to the table.

Will Momentum continue to influence the party, or will they disappear into the woodwork.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 1:36 pm

The new leader has to be a woman, and preferably of asian or african descent, could even throw in a disability or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Since the rules changed in 2016 since the last ingrate dared to challenge Jeremy for the leadership, it has become harder to get on the ballot. It used to be a certain % of its MPs, a supplementary requirement is that they now need support of 5% of constiuency Labour parties or at least 3 affiliates comprising 5% of the total affililiates.

That basically skews the contest in favour of the popular with the party membership eg Rebecca Long Bailey and away from someone that the majority of non Labour members might consider votable (Jess Phillips)

There are other candidates that may get on the ballot such as Sir Keir Starmer, sensiblel but dull also the prevailling opinion seems to be the next leader must have Ovaries and be Northern. Lisa Nandy, has ovaries and is Northern but nobody has heard of her plus too far to the right. Rayner might be decent but I think has ruled herself out.

So what I fully expect to happen is Momentum will cajole everyone into voting for Long Bailey or Wrong Daily as she is already called who will fight the same campaign with the same results
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
The new leader has to be a woman, and preferably of asian or african descent, could even throw in a disability or two.

After ticking all the above boxes, throw in a declaration that said candidate was indeed gender neutral and there you have it, a shoe-in as Britain's next PM.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

After ticking all the above boxes, throw in a declaration that said candidate was indeed gender neutral and there you have it, a shoe-in as Britain's next PM.

No we'd have the BEEB trying to convince us all they will be a shoe in as next PM for the next four years then they will lose their seat like Swinson did.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2019 8:38 pm

What about the next leader being Jewish?

Tell you the truth I really don’t give a feck!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 8:36 am

The last one was Jewish for all the good that did him.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2019 9:39 am

Corbynism and Momentum's strangle hold must be binned....just left of centre must be the path if they ever want to be ever taken seriously again.

The flooding of the party with £3 memberships before Corbyn's election was a takeover of the party....it's been down hill ever since.

From Corbyns demeanour since being defeated you would never know that he was humiliated at the polls....laughing and taking selfies with those wishing him well...seems very strange....plus staying in charge until March....looks a bonus for the Tories.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyMon Dec 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Momentum and the far left membership will ensure Corbynista Rebecca Long-Baily will win the leadership contest. I don't think there's ever been an organisation less capable of learning lessons than labour. They will not win another an election for at least 20 years, if ever.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 9:37 am

Momentum wont be going away and Labours new plan will be to continue calling working class Northerners racist and thick, which didn't quite work this time round but hey, worth another try.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 9:53 am

Well need strong leader Bozo has already red carded or amended 7 of his election pledges albeit nobody could be surprised

I think Kier Starmer if he does throw his hat in would be quite popular
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 10:27 am

Richard Burgon with his annoying slow way of talking hasn't understood now't regarding Labour's defeat.....for one of the more educated Shadow Ministers....(Cambridge)... he just wants more of the same.....and will not accept that Corbyn was part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2019 12:19 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Well need strong leader Bozo has already red carded or amended 7 of his election pledges albeit nobody could be surprised

I missed that which pledges are they?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 11:56 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Bump, it was a genuine question.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 1:58 pm

A serious look at, and into, the party then

While,Tom Waston, cites brutality within the party.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Freathy wrote:
Momentum and the far left membership will ensure Corbynista Rebecca Long-Baily will win the leadership contest.  I don't think there's ever been an organisation less capable of learning lessons than labour.  They will not win another an election for at least 20 years, if ever.

You could be so right there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 8:59 pm

corbyn can always go back to the rag and bone trade bring back steptoe and son for a new series i guess when cesar eventually gives up his power.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 7:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Still politely asking for an answer Harve?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Still politely asking for an answer Harve?

Easier if you go to the "Wear Red- Stand up and be counted" site on Facebook who uncover them as they arise and analyse them. Vast majority will miss them. The minimum wage was a cracker whereby Cummings had inserted an additional line of text which stated "if finances allow" on legislation

Evil bastards they are. Childrens and Cancer wards off too privitisation. You guys were warned enough times. Make no mistake the evil oaf will crash us out no deal on 31st December 2020 all to enable his hedge funds chums to make billions.
The only upside for next 4-5 years is that whatever happens its all on the Tories
There will be no Brexit to blame or Corbyn. Every disaster thats coming will be on the heads of the Con artists

As before for me Kier Starmer for Labour leader
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 8:29 am

Sir Kier Starmer you mean Harve? the Labour chap who graduated from Oxford and has a Knighthood?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:47 am

PatDunne wrote:
Sir Kier Starmer you mean Harve? the Labour chap who graduated from Oxford and has a Knighthood?

Whats that got to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 10:53 am

It means that many Labour politicians are as privileged as the Tories who are demonised for being so, pot, black, kettle springs to mind.

No private schools except for my children from the likes of Abbot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 11:25 am

none of those who have announced they are standing or considering are going to get the labour back into contention for government.

In fact when corbyn and his cult momentum are still pulling the strings no one who could is going to step forward.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 12:00 pm

Seems like Rebecca Wrong-Daily is being shoe-horned in as a Continuity Corbyn leader by Momentum.
On the other end of the spectrum we have Sir Kier Starmer & Lady Nugee. Very working class Very Happy

What’s wrong with someone like Alan Johnson ? moderate, experienced & so much common sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 12:01 pm

PatDunne wrote:
It means that many Labour politicians are as privileged as the Tories who are demonised for being so, pot, black, kettle springs to mind.

No private schools except for my children from the likes of Abbot.

You referred specifically to Starmer though. Not "Abbot" or anyone else within the party. What has his Knighthood and Education got to do with anything?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Next For The Labour Party ?   What Next For The Labour Party ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Next For The Labour Party ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next