Earwegoagain
akagreengull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Reinforcements in January? Empty
PostSubject: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 8:35 am

Signings are in the pipeline - apparently. let's hope it's not another case of Ryan talking it up again, my gut feeling is that SH will give him a decent backing, so hope Ryan spends wisely for the run in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am

I'd be amazed if we sign anybody decent in Jan. short term league 1 or CCC loan whilst we nurse some young starlet back to health is the most we could wish for.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:51 pm

I wouldn't get too excited. Big wholesale changes are needed before this team is anywhere near one that could challenge for the play-offs. We'll be 4th division rubbish for a few years yet.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 8:38 pm

TBH the first RL intake is hardly impressive. I doubt any of them will command a fee when they move on.  And as he only seems to sign people he already knows, I am wondering how many brothers he has and what position they play.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 9:07 pm

I wish Lowe would just get on with the job and shut the fcuk up.

"I have got a quality squad that anyone in this league would die for".

Well then Ryan, if they really are that top drawer, then it doesn't say a lot about your ability to marshall them properly, because at the minute we're just about scraping into the top ten!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Are we the most unlucky club about? Half the team of so called starlets are on the physios bench regular!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd be amazed if we sign anybody decent in Jan. short term league 1 or CCC loan whilst we nurse some young starlet back to health is the most we could wish for.

Agree with you here, the players we will need wont be as easy to bring in january time and that isnt just for us most clubs will struggle to land big targets unless they part with more money than they would do summertime.

Im sure ryan will bring in a few probably mainly loans but i will be amazed if he lands a marquee signing or two despite simons backing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 8:32 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Agree with you here, the players we will need wont be as easy to bring in january time and that isnt just for us most clubs will struggle to land big targets unless they part with more money than they would do summertime.

Im sure ryan will bring in a few probably mainly loans but i will be amazed if he lands a marquee signing or two despite simons backing.

Unless you are Us in 2008 in which case you can take your pick of the entire team for next to nothing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 10:19 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Unless you are Us in 2008 in which case you can take your pick of the entire team for next to nothing

we were generously giving talent away for cheap and little good it did us.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Let’s hope it’s some decent players and not more of lowes mates and the old pals act
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 5:13 pm

We definitely need a decent striker, but they don't come cheap. I can see Taylor going, maybe Grant as well.

Also need a decent CB as Josh Grant looks better as a defensive midfielder than a CB. Aimson, unfortunately, looks like he will have constant injury problems.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Our only chance would be if Hallett managed to Mackie a couple of the City strikers for us.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
We definitely need a decent striker, but they don't come cheap. I can see Taylor going, maybe Grant as well.

Also need a decent CB as Josh Grant looks better as a defensive midfielder than a CB. Aimson, unfortunately, looks like he will have constant injury problems.
Yep despite RL saying he expects certain players to net 20 goals truth is we dont have a reliable goal scorer, Taylor bye bye and possibly Joel, so how to replace?
Trouble is every club at every level dreams of a 20 goal striker, if Ryan can find one then hats off to him.ii
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Yep despite RL saying he expects certain players to net 20 goals truth is we dont have a reliable goal scorer, Taylor bye bye and possibly Joel, so how to replace?
Trouble is every club at every level dreams of a 20 goal striker, if Ryan can find one then hats off to him.ii

And the sad thing is whilst we had Roobs banging in twenty plus for what three seasons we had such a load of shite in other areas we struggled to capitalise bar the one promotion.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 1:16 pm

We had a 20 goal a season striker but they choosed to sell him to Rotherham ok he wernt somes cup of tea
But nailed on for 20 a season specially L2 level
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Lowe will bring in more crap to add to his crap collection, no chance of making the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reinforcements in January?   Reinforcements in January? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reinforcements in January?
Page 1 of 1