The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Director of Football

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Director of Football Empty
PostSubject: Director of Football   Director of Football EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 10:04 pm

ARGYLE is delighted to announce the appointment of Neil Dewsnip as Director of Football.

A former Everton and England youth coach, Neil initially joined the club as Technical Consultant in August, tasked with providing experienced consultancy to first-team manager Ryan Lowe and his assistant Steven Schumacher, with whom he worked at youth level.

In his role as Director of Football, Neil will continue to oversee the club’s footballing operations; serve as a conduit between the Argyle Board of Directors and the football staff; pursue recruitment opportunities; and oversee the club’s Academy.

More than that, though, Neil will be responsible for delivering the club’s long-term footballing vision, ensuring that our philosophies and objectives remain consistent, irrespective of personnel change.

Neil brings a vast amount of experience and knowledge with him to Home Park, having coached England to international success at Under-17, Under-18 and Under-20 level. In 2015, Neil’s stewardship took the England Under-17 side to the World Cup, while he also coached the Under-20s’ victory in the 2017 Toulon tournament, defeating Ivory Coast in the final.

Neil’s influence has already proved integral in supporting Lowe and his staff in the transfer market, having had a hand in the loan signings of Alex Palmer and Chelsea’s Josh Grant, among others.

Neil said: “I am really excited to start as Director of Football at Argyle.

“I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed success previously at Everton and with the English FA, and I will be working hard to ensure that this pattern of success continues at Home Park.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Director of Football   Director of Football EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 10:10 pm

All good i hope this appointment is independant of lowe though to protect the club should he leave.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Director of Football   Director of Football EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 5:16 am

Angry wrote:
All good i hope this appointment is independant of lowe though to protect the club should he leave.

"More than that, though, Neil will be responsible for delivering the club’s long-term footballing vision, ensuring that our philosophies and objectives remain consistent, irrespective of personnel change".

Does help if you read it, Angers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Director of Football   Director of Football EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 11:10 am

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

"More than that, though, Neil will be responsible for delivering the club’s long-term footballing vision, ensuring that our philosophies and objectives remain consistent, irrespective of personnel change".

no need for the attitude rickler...

When the day comes and ryan leaves for a new club or sacked and ends up at a new club hes going to want to take his boys with him if his boys include dewsnip they club will be screwed from top to bottom which is why i say i hope his appointment is separate from ryan. Nothing lasts forever and contracts mean nowt in todays world. Protecting the club is important to which i hope the board have with Neil who im sure will do a good job for us regardless.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Director of Football   Director of Football EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 11:31 am

Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

no need for the attitude rickler...

When the day comes and ryan leaves for a new club or sacked and ends up at a new club hes going to want to take his boys with him if his boys include dewsnip they club will be screwed from top to bottom which is why i say i hope his appointment is separate from ryan. Nothing lasts forever and contracts mean nowt in todays world. Protecting the club is important to which i hope the board have with Neil who im sure will do a good job for us regardless.

Old Parsnip has moved to Cornwall and I guess he's made enough money from what he's done to not uprooting and following Lowe anywhere. I'd be amazed if he did more than a day a week for Argyle I think this is more a kind of who you know appointment rather than what you do appointment.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Director of Football   Director of Football EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 1:42 pm

We are certainly filling the club with professinal people an Si is investing in the club which is fantastic, but i thought the dimlows all said there was no alternative to Akeron man and nobody wanted the club?
laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Director of Football   Director of Football Empty

Back to top Go down

Director of Football
Page 1 of 1