The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Academy Head of Recruitment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

New Academy Head of Recruitment Empty
PostSubject: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyMon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm

THE Argyle Academy is delighted to announce Chris Beard will be joining the Club as Head of Academy Recruitment.

Chris has spent the last 15 years in Youth Development, working across a variety of age groups and job roles within professional Academies and Colleges. Chris has experience of the Academy pathway as a former Youth player at Stoke City and working for Birmingham City, Coventry City and Exeter City.

We are pleased that the Big Green Lottery have enabled the Academy to make this a full-time role. Chris will be responsible for recruiting talented players between Under-5 and Under-16 from across Devon and Cornwall.

This is an exciting opportunity within the Academy, as the post has moved from part-time to full-time. Chris has experience from working at Category Two and Three Academies, as well as a good understanding and knowledge of the South-West.

Thank you to all the BGL members, who have allowed us to invest in an important area of the Academy.

Welcome Chris.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 1:26 pm

If any part of Argle needs a complete root and branch overhaul it's the academy/youth setup. For the amount of big green lottery money they have hoovered up over the last ten years the results in bringing on home grown talent have been completely piss poor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 1:33 pm

we need to improve recruiting so this is a welcome appointment hope he finds for gems.

however im not keen on ryan lowe having a large say in the future of the youth academy as i firmly believe that should remain seperate from the team managers influence given the lifespan of each team manager at a club to which ryan is no exception. Once ryan leaves Dewsnip will go too and then where will be?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyTue Nov 12, 2019 6:44 pm

But how do we know this is a lowe led thing .

Not a Hallett led idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am

Jethro wrote:

Not a Hallett led idea.

cause the article says lowe is to have a bigger say.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 11:48 am

No matter who’s in charge it needs money that’s the problem brent basically starved it of investment and relied on bucket rattling and The generosity of parents puttting there hands in there pocket to keep it going
Brent wouldn’t even buy a video camera hodges if o can remember ffs ...you could have the best coach
Possible but if you ain’t got the investment to finance
It and bring it up to standard like other clubs then it’s a losing battle
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyWed Nov 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Jethro wrote:

Not a Hallett led idea.

cause the article says lowe is to have a bigger say.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 3:33 am

Nowhere in the original post of this thread was Lowe's name mentioned.

So I'l look forward to your apology.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 8:43 am

Yeah but your hero has himself very clearly he will be a part of shaping it

“I don’t want to just have the best team in the league, I want to have the best academy also. When that comes along, definitely I will be a part in hopefully shaping it.”

Surely you aren't accusing him of lying, that would make him sad.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 10:30 am

Jethro wrote:

Apology lol you can kiss my sweaty arse. I can't wait for your man crush on Lowe to turn to hate filled ranting like it did with Adams, and it will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am

Jethro wrote:

mine did hence why the thread went off topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Academy Head of Recruitment   New Academy Head of Recruitment Empty

Back to top Go down

New Academy Head of Recruitment
Page 1 of 1