Les Miserable
akagreengull
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash Empty
PostSubject: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Ryan Lowe hopes to see Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash

Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe is anticipating a big away crowd descending on Bolton Wanderers when the two sides meet in the FA Cup.

The Pilgrims have been drawn away to the League One side in what will be their first meeting since January 1993.

Keith Hill's side are bottom of League One with minus five points but they did pick up their first win on Tuesday night.

That was a 2-0 win over Bristol Rovers and their fans will be hoping that can give the side a bit of momentum.

One set of fans who know about financial issues all too well is Bury fans and Lowe is hoping that around 1000 of them will make the trip to Bolton for the FA Cup first round game.

Speaking about the tie, the Argyle manager said: "Yeah, good. We will probably have about 1000 Bury fans there as well, which will be good.

"It is another opportunity for us, the FA Cup is a great, fantastic cup.

"The first one I ever played in I was made up to get on Match of the Day. I was never going to get on Match of the Day and I think the FA Cup shows on Match of the Day, doesn't it?

"It is going to be a tough task for us, we know that.

"They are in a little bit of a transition with everything that is going on and Keith Hill and (David) Flitcroft who are there now, will have the players right up for it.

"We're going there with no pressure, we will probably go there as underdogs but we will probably take, three, four, 5000 fans there.

"If we can get 1000 from Bury, that'll be nice, which I am sure we will if we do it right to help the Green Army sing us along.

"It is going to be a fantastic occasion when we get to that."

The game is set to be played on the weekend of November 8/9/10/11.

Taken from still Brent rag
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 5:39 pm

I wonder when PASOTI and Nool will hijack this as another charidee raising points scoring excercise to self promote his shit corrupt crappy website.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Might be an opportunity here for the site owner to flog a few half and half scarfs as well as promoting his corrupt crappy webshite. laugh
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 6:44 pm

5k argo travelling to Bolton for an FA Cup 1st round, put the crack pipe down Ryan.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 7:45 am

Les Miserable wrote:
5k argo travelling to Bolton for an FA Cup 1st round, put the crack pipe down Ryan.

Win at Exeter.......Trip to the Reebok/oops Macron.....charidee day with Bury........"quality/class "..........it's in the blood...geddon.. laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 am

Tringreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Win at Exeter.......Trip to the Reebok/oops Macron.....charidee day with Bury........"quality/class "..........it's in the blood...geddon.. laugh

Back in the late 60's and early 70s as a young fanatical supporter whose school weeks were wished away for Saturdays dad always used to say we'll only ever be a 3rd division side with occasional flurries into the 2nd division.
When Mariner and Rafferty arrived we all thought times had changed but look at us 45 years later swanning around Division 4 with many jizzing themselves because on Saturday its Exeter.
Desperate times indeed...
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 11:32 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Back in the late 60's and early 70s as a young fanatical supporter whose school weeks were wished away for Saturdays dad always used to say we'll only ever be a 3rd division side with occasional flurries into the 2nd division.
When Mariner and Rafferty arrived we all thought times had changed but look at us 45 years later swanning around Division 4 with many jizzing themselves because on Saturday its Exeter.

I share that pain Sad
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 12:46 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

When I started following Argyle in 1981, we were in the then division three. We were an ok division three side over the years, then it went a bit all up and down, which remains the case to this day.

I can't see Argyle ever playing in the Premiership in my lifetime but, I would hope to see them play in the Championship again.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 10:09 am

We have as much potential as the likes of Norwich, Southampton, Cardiff, Bristol City etc etc.

Serious wealth and vision in the ownership of the club is the only way now, to get to the top division.

For a club with no top flight history/fanbase and no real investing wealth, the championship is the glass ceiling.

Build it and they will come.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 10:25 am

I think Hallett should put us into the position that if and when we are next in the CCC we should be very attractive to a wealthy investor who fancies a Prem team. Whether he will seek the people out or try a Stapes will remain to be seen.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 10:46 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I think Hallett should put us into the position that if and when we are next in the CCC we should be very attractive to a wealthy investor who fancies a Prem team. Whether he will seek the people out or try a Stapes will remain to be seen.

We've got an extremely wealthy owner and investor now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 11:12 am

Lowey sometimes gets a bit carried away - I’ll back him in the football approach but not too sure about the off field bits.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 11:15 am

Tringreen wrote:
We have as much potential as the likes of Norwich, Southampton, Cardiff, Bristol City etc etc.

Serious wealth and vision in the ownership of the club is the only way now, to get to the top division.

For a club with no top flight history/fanbase and no real investing wealth, the championship is the glass ceiling.

That may be the case, although the last spell in the Championship saw crowds fall away over the seasons for whatever reasons.

The clubs you have mentioned get bigger crowds than Argyle and to sustain Championship football, Argyle would need to keep hold of those crowds rather than see them dwindle in numbers.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 11:35 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

he already has n't done a Stapes. Stapes bought his shares for next to feck all and made a killing when the Japanese turned up. . At least Hallett has stuck his hand in his pocket. These days though you have billionaire owners in the Championship, even Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough and Landowne at the Wurzels can't compete with them. Trouble is the mentality down here is so village, where squires like Jimmy are welcomed with open arms and anyone with serious money would be chased off by pitchfork wielding Nool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 11:41 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

That may be the case, although the last spell in the Championship saw crowds fall away over the seasons for whatever reasons.

The clubs you have mentioned get bigger crowds than Argyle and to sustain Championship football, Argyle would need to keep hold of those crowds rather than see them dwindle in numbers.

The crowds fell away because it became patently obvious we had no ambition to go any further or at least not if it needed financial backing. After a plodding season with a squad which were nowhere near up to it and then a season of Pulisball the crowds got fed up with it all
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

he already has n't done a Stapes. Stapes bought his shares for next to feck all and made a killing when the Japanese turned up. . At least Hallett has stuck his hand in his pocket. These days though you have billionaire owners in the Championship, even Steve Gibson at Middlesbrough and Landowne at the Wurzels can't compete with them. Trouble is the mentality down here is so village, where squires like Jimmy are welcomed with open arms and anyone with serious money would be chased off by pitchfork wielding Nool

The Stapes reference was purely down to his time in the CCC. I'm well aware of his early history.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 12:59 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

We've got an extremely wealthy owner and investor now

We're talking different level investor to try and make a push from the CCC to Prem probably north of £100m nowadays. Personally I'd give that a miss and just hope one day to go on a run and defeat the odds, the buying your way to glory in sport really turns me off to the extent I almost never watch the prem these days. Some years they might as well auction the title at the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash    Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash Empty

Back to top Go down

Bury and Plymouth Argyle fans unite for Bolton FA Cup clash
Page 1 of 1