Freathy
sufferedsince 68
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 9:37 pm

FT 4-0
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Good win, but shame didn't score 2nd half, atmosphere sounded flat as a pancake from HT. Looking good for the local derby.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Whoop whoop, great win got to keep those three points coming.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 pm

Great win. Clear handball (by Rudden) in the build up to the first goal (see below), but we all know the refs are dogshit at this level. Wootton suspended for Saturday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 11:16 pm

HEAD COACH CARL FLETCHER FOLLOWING THE 4-0 DEFEAT TO PLYMOUTH ARGYLE

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 11:55 pm

Tgwu wrote:

HEAD COACH CARL FLETCHER FOLLOWING THE 4-0 DEFEAT TO PLYMOUTH ARGYLE

Tactical genius, you can play a left back at right back, but not the other way round? WTF is he going on about? (unless I misheard)
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 am

nice to see fletcher still putting positive spin on dogshit performances, sounds familiar.

Thank goodness we are shot of him.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 am

They are fecked with him in charge,

He will be gone by Jan when they find him out.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 5:03 am

Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe was delighted with his team as they ran out 4-0 winners against Leyton Orient.

The Pilgrims boss has seen his side win back-to-back League Two home matches which sets them up nicely ahead of the trip to Exeter City on Saturday.

Joel Grant, Zak Rudden, Callum McFadzean strikes and a Joe Widdowson own goal all came in the first half and proved to be enough for the win.

After the game Ryan Lowe was asked about his take on the match, his decision to start Danny Mayor on the bench and Zak Rudden's goal.

Ryan, you must have been delighted with that performance?
Yeah, four goals, clean sheet, some terrific football. I thought the pressing from our boys was different class and again, I will always say it, when you are working on things and John's got them doing the work and we have been doing Saturday, Saturday, you can see it paying off. Overall pleased with the performance, the goals, the clean sheet and the work rate of the boys.

We have talked quite a lot about a Ryan Lowe side, a Ryan Lowe way of playing football. Is it getting more and more every game that goes by, you are seeing more of the lads taking it on board and doing what you want them to do?

We'll become a good team, then we'll become a very good team, then you become an excellent team and then you become a brilliant team because you have to be if you want to get to where you want to get to. We are becoming a good team and that is whether it is the passing, the defending, the work rate, whatever it is it is all combined. The performance, especially first half, we were relentless.

We knew it was going to be tough second half, they matched us up 3-5-2, man-for-man if you like, but again we could have created plenty more chances the second half and probably could have put a couple more goals in. But I am just pleased with the three points and getting the four goals but most importantly the three points.

I'll throw the spotlight on some individual performances. Joel is on his hot scoring run, he is going back to his former club Exeter on Saturday, not a bad time to be in that type of form is it?
I don't like singling everyone out but you have mentioned Joel and he is in a streak of scoring goals and he will tell you himself he should have a couple more and we know that. He is doing his job, he is working his socks off, he is getting hold of the ball for us, he is linking up and scoring goals. I can't ask for no more really. Well I can, I can ask for more goals but in terms of his work rate and everything else, he knows. I have said that to the boys, you have got to score goals to stay in the team and he is certainly doing that.

Zak has his first league goal, that will be good for him?
I am buzzing for him, I am buzzing for all the lads when they score goals. I said to Fadz before the game actually because we showed his goal last time against these and I said 'it's about time you get back on the scoresheet.' He has come over to us and celebrated. It's a fantastic attitude. I always say that if you want to score, you can score. If you want to get in them areas to score, you can make yourself available to get those chances and to put the ball in the back of the net and the boys are certainly doing that.

You had Danny Mayor available to you, how difficult of a decision was it for you not to bring him straight back into the team?
It's like anything when you are winning. Danny's a fantastic lad, he won't say that but he has played every game and he might have needed a little break. He'll wanna play, he's disappointed he's not playing. But when you have George Cooper who is playing well as well, they are all champing at the bit to get in there. I think Scotty Wootton is probably going to be suspended now on Saturday albeit we think it was Niall Canavan that made the foul, so we will address that.

Scotty will be worried because you have Will Aimson and Josh Grant and possibly one of them could step in and then they have to wait their turn. Danny is fine, he is a good player, a top pro. He knows, he's buzzing that the lads are winning and that's what happens. If you pick five yellow cards up you have to take the hit with it but there are 30 odd games to go and Danny is certainly going to be playing a lot of them. But while they are on a little bit of a streak with George playing in there and back-to-back wins, it is what it is. That's a good selection headache for me.

Taken from still Brent rag
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 8:06 am

I ended up going when a mate had a spare ticket. We looked like the only winners after twenty minutes, clear hand ball for first goal and proper smashed them after that. We played some decent football pleasing on the eye, second half was flat and dull but you can't moan at four goals and a clean sheet. Whoop.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 10:30 am

Nice win and timely for the trip to that other Devon city.

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 3:33 pm

just my luck couldn’t go at the last minute so let someone use my season tickets and they put in the performance of the season good for moral for wkend
Against the other lot ..hopefully nick a draw cos I can’t
See them losing 3 on the bounce
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Dunno Reg I think the Cravateers have been sussed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Leyton   Argyle v Leyton - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Leyton
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2