harvetheslayer
Tgwu
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Wooton and Caravan showing just why RL has to offload both in January
I hope progressive Lowe is long gone by then.
Have to agree.  Argo are going nowhere under Lowe.
A three nil spanking at Exeter next week will be the moment the penny drops.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Would agree Harve, still early days yet, I still feel reasonably optimistic about finishing near the top.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
We seem to me 3 players short being realistic. A really good striker and two replacements at the back

That stream was good Harve. Sound was hard to fathom. The comms was perfectly in sync with play, but the refs whistle and crowd noise was out - was funny hearing the Argyle fans cheering the goal about 45 seconds before seeing it onscreen. Laughing

Only watched the 2nd half live but Argyle totally dominated play. Saw replays of Ruddens two sitters that he fluffed. Would have been a similar score to Tuesday otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
We seem to me 3 players short being realistic. A really good striker and two replacements at the back

Looks like it from what little I've seen. Love the passing/possession game.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 7:14 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
But RL signed has signed 11 (I think) players since he came here! And he clearly thinks some of them are no better than what was here before as they can't get in the team. As I said in August, he should have got some quality players in, rather than 4th Division journeyman. Paying the wages of a Chelsea player, just for him to warm the bench! Been given a free hand by the Chairman to bring in players and support staff but Lowe certainly looks like hes out of his depth now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 7:49 pm

i cant wait for January. We can finally rid this club of static caravan and wootton and bring in defenders that at least know how to defend. Up front is very weak even with Telford and B Moore out we need that star striker badly. Once we can address these areas i believe this team will fly. Personally a ball winning playmaking central midfielder is a must also at some point.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 pm

I see where you are coming from, but I think those criticisms apply to every level of football. We need to take into account that RL is still a rookie manager so essentially a gamble. Personally he still has my support as does Shumacher.
And I am well aware of what happened last time we got in a rookie manager, but I dont think RL is another Fletcher.
But then as always we shall see.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 7:55 pm

My above response was to Grovehill not Angry.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 7:55 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Wooton and Caravan showing just why RL has to offload both in January
I hope progressive Lowe is long gone by then.
Have to agree.  Argo are going nowhere under Lowe.
A three nil spanking at Exeter next week will be the moment the penny drops.
indeed suffers not looking forward to that arse wholloping
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 7:56 pm

13 games in and he's out of his depth?

I really don't know about some people.

New manager, new team, it would be nice to be 15 pts clear at the top, although that wouldn't be enough for some. As Lowe freely admits, it's a work in progress. Give him a break - and some time.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:09 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

New manager, new team, it would be nice to be 15 pts clear at the top, although that wouldn't be enough for some. As Lowe freely admits, it's a work in progress. Give him a break - and some time.
but how long and how much time ?...this season his write off already say things are the same next season 6months into the season then what ? Even more time ...how long are people prepared to give him that’s the question
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:40 pm

But he was "sold" to the supporters as a promotion winner experienced in this division-a view he did nothing to dispel when he quickly signed up the equivalent of a complete team. Trouble is, most managers know how he set up his team last season, and he's doing the same this season, mostly with the same players. As a player, he kicked around the lower leagues and as he only seems willing to sign players he "knows" rather than seeking out fresh (to him) players, we are only going to get lower league players. The way he's going we will end up with a large squad of average players, unable to improve the team and unable to command a fee (which is why Bury FC went tits up-no players to cash in when money was needed)
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:56 pm

I thought the game was a great worldwide TV advert for League Two football.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Decent game and football then. haven't listened to the commentary as usual due to being on a course in Plymouth. So good if it was a positive advert for L2 footie.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Grovehill wrote:
But he was "sold" to the supporters as a promotion winner experienced in this division-a view he did nothing to dispel when he quickly signed up the equivalent of a complete team. Trouble is, most managers know how he set up his team last season, and he's doing the same this season, mostly with the same players. As a player, he kicked around the lower leagues and as he only seems willing to sign players he "knows" rather than seeking out fresh (to him) players, we are only going to get lower league players. The way he's going we will end up with a large squad of average players, unable to improve the team and unable to command a fee (which is why Bury FC went tits up-no players to cash in when money was needed)

There weren't too many that were dismayed when he was appointed, Grovey. A lot of his words need to be backed up by actions I'll admit. But he's a scouser so you have to expect there'll be a lot of talk talk talk.

We're two months in. We're hugely inconsistent. But we're two months in.

The two Bury strikers have had injury nightmares, so stop-start-stop-start was always gonna be a problem. Aimson is only just getting fit (but came off today?)

My biggest question mark with Lowe is that he didn't recognise how fragile our central defence was and recruit at least one more Aimson-type dominant centre half in the summer.

But I'm not wetting my knickers with panic just yet. We're two months in.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 6:15 am

We seen the best and the worst of argyle yesterday,

We aren't shit, we just make stupid mistakes,

its alot better then being consistantly shit
it will all work out soon, I'm sure of it.

would be a lot worse if the dour scot was still here.

some people need to give their heads a wobble if they thought things would change over night.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 6:55 am

akagreengull wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Thumbs

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 7:39 am

Some of the passes and clearances literally ended up in the next county.
Mayor could of got a straight red with that neck tackle on the keeper....if that had been rugby....10 minutes in the sin bin.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 11:01 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Lowe claimed he would turn Homepark into a fortress, the truth is its a pionts takeway shop for away teams, Lowe also said Argo would get promoted this season? looks highly unlikely to me
Lowe has had full backing from the owner with a promotion budget handed over, so after thirteen games of crap performances and a handful of points i think the fans have every right to question the manager
I see no sign of progress at all just more jam tomorrow bullshit argo fans have been fed for years.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 1:26 pm

You know the drill at Argo.  A new manager means we must gratefully endure least a whole shit season before fans are allowed to even start thinking about maybe perhaps challenging for the play-offs the next season or the one after that.   With our gates and the backing Lowe seems to have been given by Hallett there really is no excuse to be struggling as badly as we are in this terrible division.  It really is not good enough.  nearly 30% of the season gone and if we don't hit form now where we look like we may start challenging then Lowe has got to go before it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 1:58 pm

Current form will see Argyle finish with about 60 pts. A League topping standard of 2pts a game needed from now on to even get in the playoffs. And that's never going to happen. This certainly isn't what the Chairman or the supporters were expecting three months ago

So what is the way forward? Stick with Lowe in the hope that next season will be better (like we did with Adams) or accept that it's not working out, cut our losses and make a change before the New year so the new guy can fully asses the squad before the close season? Personally, I think Lowe will make the decision to get out before he's  pushed. Let's see what happens when the likes of Tranmere Accrington or Oldham decide they want a change of Manager.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Perhaps the club is still following the Brent masterplan of staying six seasons in the Basement and sell it to the twats as year on year progress! Laughing
If the club is serious about climbing the leagues, then somethings got to change, home to Carlisle next saturday has got to be three points nothing less!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Current form will see Argyle finish with about 60 pts. A League topping standard of 2pts a game needed from now on to even get in the playoffs. And that's never going to happen. This certainly isn't what the Chairman or the supporters were expecting three months ago

So what is the way forward? Stick with Lowe in the hope that next season will be better (like we did with Adams) or accept that it's not working out, cut our losses and make a change before the New year so the new guy can fully asses the squad before the close season? Personally, I think Lowe will make the decision to get out before he's  pushed. Let's see what happens when the likes of Tranmere Accrington or Oldham decide they want a change of Manager.

Why would any of them look to pay compensation to Argyle to poach an underachieving manager?

You don’t half talk some bollocks at times Grovey. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

Why would any of them look to pay compensation to Argyle to poach an underachieving manager?

You don’t half talk some bollocks at times Grovey. I love you I love you

Tranmere???? Nicky Mellon dropped 2 divisions for them when in the conference
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swindon v Argyle   Swindon v Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Swindon v Argyle
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next