Rickler
green_genie
Vampires11
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 2:35 pm

I have kept away from the Barn Park area, the last time I was there it was flooded. I was wondering which trees (10) were to come down to build a pond or two for Mr Brent run off water
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 9:04 am

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
I think they did a full power on check last night, I wonder why they are covering so many terrace seats? The disable stand at the back and right of the terrace are going to feel the force of the southwestern gales. No cover from the elements

Once again. Why oh why oh why continue with this garbage mankover. it cannot have been that much mroe expensive to rip the whol thing down and start again. Mad

It was four million extra just to add a roof, so you can imagine what starting from scratch would cost?

Apart from the pillars, what's pissing you off so much about the refurb?  What do you want that you aren't getting?

That's four million to add a roof to the existing structure. If you consider that figure accurate which I don't, sounds like a load of Bungo concocted rubbish to me which he has plenty of form for.

Whats pissing me off as you put it, is the lack of the roof covering the lower tier, the supporting pillars and the fact the thing looks slapped together, it really looks weird. If you're going to do something, and this will be it for the next 20-30 years, why not do it properly.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 9:49 am

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
I think they did a full power on check last night, I wonder why they are covering so many terrace seats? The disable stand at the back and right of the terrace are going to feel the force of the southwestern gales. No cover from the elements

Once again. Why oh why oh why continue with this garbage mankover. it cannot have been that much mroe expensive to rip the whol thing down and start again. Mad

It was four million extra just to add a roof, so you can imagine what starting from scratch would cost?

Apart from the pillars, what's pissing you off so much about the refurb?  What do you want that you aren't getting?

It is what it is and Hallett in the time he had to make a call had very little time, so just went with it, which under are circumstances at the time was probably the only real option on the table.
Had we changed paths and ripped the thing down and started again, then I doubt the footings would have even been in as of yet or it still wouldn't have been out of planning stage.
My main concern with the mankover is that Brent was told by the same surveyor who did Exeter's stand that it was the wrong move to go down the refurbishment route, and this was underpinned by Wrings's engineer who alluded the stand will structurally have a lifespan of about only 10 year's, 15 at the very most.
Now at the time that was what I was livid about, the club having a crippling 30 year mortgage for a stand that will only last 10 to 15 years.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 11:54 am

The advertising boards being taken down from the temporary fencing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As I said before, they have a window of around three weeks before the next home league game
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 12:05 pm

Tgwu wrote:

As I said before, they have a window of around three weeks before the next home league game

Shame they wasn't so quick in taking down the advertising board of the collapsed Ponzi scheme in block 16.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Brackets for solar panels are being put up.

Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Bob Crow wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Shame they wasn't so quick in taking down the advertising board of the collapsed Ponzi scheme in block 16.

I take it you are referring to the money lender whose name I shall not mention on this forum !?

On a serparate note the same charachter is getting increasingly anti Hallett and anti trust in his potty outbursts on PASOTI, co-incidently around the same time his is appearing on GOS with his bestie Nool.
I never knew how the removal of a free meal ticket and a silly hat can make anyone so bitter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 3:53 pm

STOP PRESS! Looks as though the fence is coming down. 4 panels in.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Looking at the latest set of photos the padded seats have been protected by tarpaulins which I can see being adopted as standard practice when not in use as the saltwater content in our stratosphere when it rains would trash them pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:

Are they auctioning off the wooden panels
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 7:41 am

Late finish last night and a early start for the seats installers today. it pushing on for the finish line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 9:09 am

Probably, they should have them all down by the end of today. Looks like they are applying numbers to the seats on Cam 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 am

Fences removal has reached the half way line. Is that the first team training on the pitch Big T?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am

Ah it must have been as the web cams are no longer available.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Fences removal has reached the half way line. Is that the first team training on the pitch Big T?

Up in red country
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 7:14 pm

Repair work to part of the roof at the Barn Park End at Plymouth Argyle’s Home Park stadium has been successfully carried out.

A part of the roof became loose after overnight gales battered Plymouth.

Repairs did not take place on Saturday because the winds were still too strong for any closer inspection and work to be done.

No further damage to the roof has been identified after a assessment by the structural engineers.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 7:17 pm

For structural engineers read Dave from St Budeaux on a cherry picker.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Dave received a complimentary credit note for the Grimsby rematch and a free pasty. His mate Trev got a steaming hot (97deg c.) cup of Nescafé with powdered milk for £3.95 (after staff discount obviously).
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 11:23 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 am

Early start for me today also for seat installers

Solar panels installers nearly half way with the install of brackets

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 am

Video from Argyle on the old fence and the solar panels

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Plymouth Argyle are onto the final stage of the redevelopment of the Mayflower Grandstand at Home Park.

The club have started the internal fitting out, with the official handover of the grandstand to them from main contractors GL Events UK set to take place later this week.

Argyle have already announced a series of test events which they have to hold to comply with safety requirements.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 7:51 am

Seen the coaches off to Bolton earlier, men putting the seats in working in the rain on the terrace, a nice early start again.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:15 am

Tgwu wrote:
Seen the coaches off to Bolton earlier, men putting the seats in working in the rain on the terrace, a nice early start again.

Be nice to know what Hallett is going to do with Bobbys Garden and Bungos Tardis
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Be nice to know what Hallett is going to do with Bobbys Garden and Bungos Tardis

I think the tardis will be gone when the away team coach can go down to the new turn styles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 11 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next