Earwegoagain
Chemical Ali
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 3:01 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Whats this from The REAL fans REAL fan?  silent

Nool on Twitter wrote:
I missed Oldham (golf abroad) and I'm also skipping Vale and Crawley. I think I'm on the slip.
I thought I could re-energise for the basement but I will admit to struggling at the mo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder if his struggle to re-energise is anything to do with not being able to weasel a directors box
invite and having to slum it with the Oi Polloi in the stands?

Haven't Nool and Brent both been sitting in the directors box for the away games this season?  Gawd knows why an ex-director (and his chauffeur) are still sitting there, but there we go....   It's probably more likely that Brent is not going to the game and so Nool isn't needed to drive.

This is true as I have personally seen it at every away game so far this season.

He’s Chauffering Wrathall games Brent isn’t attending and even chauffeured Bungo to a pre season game. How tragic is that?

I’ve heard Wrathall is on holiday so he’s reduced to feigning disinterest.

Who’s surprised? Anyone?

We’re not even halfway thru September and he’s binning off games. He’s a complete fraud as far as being ‘ARGYLE ‘TIL I DIE’ goes. Years ago he spent more time at his beloved Old Trafford than Home Park. Now he can’t secure a Directors Box invite every away game he’s showing his true colours.

The absolute worst type of arse-kisser.

If we ignore him will he just go away ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Away from the radio today so refreshing BBC sports every so often come on argyle don't let me down
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Couldn't hit water if we fell out a boat 10 shots 2 on target....
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 4:23 pm

The radio Dem commentary sounds like amateurish drivel.
Anyones game at the moment, Canavan bizzaely punched the ball earlier instead of heading.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 4:41 pm

1 - 0 to quote the commentary we switched off at the back, Vale just missed a sitter, should have been 2 - 0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 4:53 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 4:56 pm

With displays like this we be out of the league.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Pretty ominous.....
2 top playmakers leave plus the 20 goal man to be replaced by a 3rd rate Mayor and not much else.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:01 pm

We are worse than last season.  This team is dog shit.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:31 pm

akagreengull wrote:
1 - 0 to quote the commentary we switched off at the back, Vale just missed a sitter, should have been 2 - 0.

You mean like we have pretty much every game caravan and Wooooooooooton play ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Crap result and performance end of.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Whats this from The REAL fans REAL fan?  silent

Nool on Twitter wrote:
I missed Oldham (golf abroad) and I'm also skipping Vale and Crawley. I think I'm on the slip.
I thought I could re-energise for the basement but I will admit to struggling at the mo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wonder if his struggle to re-energise is anything to do with not being able to weasel a directors box
invite and having to slum it with the Oi Polloi in the stands?

Haven't Nool and Brent both been sitting in the directors box for the away games this season?  Gawd knows why an ex-director (and his chauffeur) are still sitting there, but there we go....   It's probably more likely that Brent is not going to the game and so Nool isn't needed to drive.
what a load of Bollox from the chauffeur it’s cos his invites are not going and his not needed for these games and has no one to leg shag and mosh

This is true as I have personally seen it at every away game so far this season.

He’s Chauffering Wrathall games Brent isn’t attending and even chauffeured Bungo to a pre season game. How tragic is that?

I’ve heard Wrathall is on holiday so he’s reduced to feigning disinterest.
yep chauffeur/cock nosher is not needed for these games it seems ..he’ll soon be re-engernised when his freebie pioneer fat wank membership comes to light though the fat shit ... mmw

Who’s surprised? Anyone?

We’re not even halfway thru September and he’s binning off games. He’s a complete fraud as far as being ‘ARGYLE ‘TIL I DIE’ goes. Years ago he spent more time at his beloved Old Trafford than Home Park. Now he can’t secure a Directors Box invite every away game he’s showing his true colours.

The absolute worst type of arse-kisser.

If we ignore him will he just go away ?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 6:44 pm

feck it on to the next one, time to open a can of sir alex hairdryer Ryan, or whoop ass open something
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 10:24 am

Decent away day apart from the football as always d1
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 10:52 am

Ryan Lowe was left fuming as Plymouth Argyle’s defensive shortcomings were all too obvious again in the 1-0 defeat at Port Vale.

The Pilgrims switched off when Vale were awarded a 76th minute free-kick and that allowed Ritchie Bennett to get in a cross deep to the far post.

That was where it was met by Vale defender Nathan Smith, who headed the ball into the net past ‘keeper Alex Palmer.

It meant Argyle slipped to a third successive away defeat and, after eight games of the League Two campaign, they are mid-table in 11th.

That is nowhere near the expectations for the Pilgrims this season even allowing for the change of manager and many new players this summer.

Lowe said: “You can’t just get done on a quick free-kick and then lose your man from the cross. It’s just not good enough – it’s not acceptable neither.

“I thought first half we were very good. We just need to score when we are on top.

“Then second half we looked a little bit . . . laboured is the word I’m probably looking for, and they just didn’t do what we asked them to do and they go about it the wrong way.”

Lowe was particularly frustrated about one incident not long before Vale got their goal.

Midfielder Danny Mayor did superbly to trick his way past Vale right-back James Gibbons and put in a low cross across the face of goal.

Much to the annoyance of Lowe, a prolific goalscorer in his playing days, none of Mayor’s team-mates got on the end of it.

“My two strikers should be in the box,” said Lowe. “I have got frustrated with it because it’s a tap-in.

Do you want to score goals? The best goals you will score are tap-ins so I’m disappointed in that.”

Lowe then returned his thoughts to the way that Argyle conceded the decisive goal.

He continued: “The man (Bennett) takes a swing, hooks it in and we lose our man. It’s not good enough, not acceptable.

“But, listen, I’m responsible for it. I pick the lads, I pick the team, I will take the criticism, but we will make sure we get it right.

“People will start coming out the team if they are not doing their jobs, and that’s as simple as that.”

Argyle had the better of the play in the first half but their shooting from promising positions was too wayward.

The Pilgrims had spells in the second period when they put Vale under some pressure but again there was no end product.

Lowe said: “We were okay first half. We got in some good areas, but second half, do you want to go and score a goal?

“If you don’t want to score a goal, I will put someone else, and that’s just the way it has got to be.

“We will always dominate possession of the game but they (Vale) have come away with a goal and three points, and we have come away with nothing.”

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 10:53 am

A knee injury was the reason why right wing-back Joe Riley was ruled out of Plymouth Argyle’s away League Two game against Port Vale .

Riley did not even make the trip to the Potteries with the rest of the squad.

However, Pilgrims’ boss Ryan Lowe revealed that the 27-year-old was likely to return to training on Monday.

So Riley should be available for selection for the away game against Crawley Town on Tuesday.

Skipper Joe Edwards lined up at right wing-back in the 1-0 defeat at Port Vale, with Antoni Sarcevic recalled to the starting line-up after suspension and playing in central midfield.

Lowe said: “Joe has had a bang on his knee so we have rested him.

“The swelling has gone down a lot now. We had a scan on it and it’s all good news, but it was his knee he had an operation on so many years ago.

“It was a precaution so he hasn’t travelled but he will probably be alright for Monday.”

Sarcevic played in an attacking central midfield role alongside Danny Mayor as he made first league appearance in three weeks.

ose Baxter took up the midfield holding role usually occupied this season by Edwards.

Lowe said: “I don’t want to single anyone out but I was pleased with Sarce. He done a lot of good things in the game, along with a lot of other players.

“But you just need to be a little bit more ruthless in the top half of the pitch – both boxes really – and at the moment we are not.

“We will address it, we will make sure we get it right. I pick the team and I have got to make sure I pick the right team.”
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 11:02 am

How many goals we've conceded have come from set piece and a header?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Port Vale away thread 14/09   Port Vale away thread 14/09 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Port Vale away thread 14/09
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2