The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8680
Join date : 2011-10-23

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 am

Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5747
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:48 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.

True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5803
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 9:40 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.

True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.

Like a corpse wanting to carry out its own autopsy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5766
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 11:21 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.

True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.

Like a corpse wanting to carry out its own autopsy.

When he said he wouldn't be fighting the next election my initial thought was that he didn't really fight his one either.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 11:37 am

Lib Dems totally wiped out in Wales, and three Tory women MPs for that area too.

A fair number of Labour folk up north on the call-in chat shows citing they voted Tory because they just could not vote for Corbyn and Corbynism.

Labour now have a lot of soul searching to do according to commentators on the radio. The scale of the Labour defeat is atrocious and will clearly send a message to the party.

DUP bruised in NI as SDLP and alliance gain.

As for Scotland, fair play to The SNP for what it is worth, although I cant see them being offered an indyref2 anytime soon, so we can expect Sturgeon to whinge like no tomorrow over the coming weeks, months and years.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 11:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.

True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.

Like a corpse wanting to carry out its own autopsy.

When he said he wouldn't be fighting the next election my initial thought was that he didn't really fight his one either.

He didn't and his sitting on the fence stance over Brexit has cost him his job and his party a thumping.

The party will now have to soul search and figure out how they can - one day - get back into government, probably ease up on the hard-left stance for a start and sort out the insidious anti-semitic problem.

A lot of blame and scorn is being fired at Corbyn today.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 11:53 am

Sturgeon now saying Scotland can't be kept in Westminster against its will and Johnson does not have a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU. This is going to get messy as time moves on.

One chap on sky saying that The SNP will go down a legal route, rather than a Catalonia style break away.

This woman just ain't gonna give up !!
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5803
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.

True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.

Like a corpse wanting to carry out its own autopsy.

When he said he wouldn't be fighting the next election my initial thought was that he didn't really fight his one either.

Very true.

The problem was, as you say his heart wasn't really in it but at the same time whoever was running the show sidelined some of the more useful people in his front bench for fear of outshining the messiah. Instead we the main point people were Barry Gardiner and Richard Burgon Shocked

Turning up to a massive rally (late) in Bristol West (majority ‭37,336‬) was nuts, but once away from his adoring masses there isn't really much to Corbyn at all.

There isn't much to Johnson either, he is an appalling human being but the people running his campaign correctly surmised if they can get through without too many slip ups and keep hammering a very simple message it will be enough.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1599
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 94
Location : If only you knew!

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_______________________________________
A man once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5766
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 1:49 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Sturgeon now saying Scotland can't be kept in Westminster against its will and Johnson does not have a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU. This is going to get messy as time moves on.

One chap on sky saying that The SNP will go down a legal route, rather than a Catalonia style break away.

This woman just ain't gonna give up !!

Sturgeon can go fook a Ned. At the end of the day she is leader of a minority party in the UK. The UK as a whole has voted overwhelmingly to leave to EU and legally at that. As for Indy ref two as said before we should all have a vote on it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5766
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 1:51 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.


True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.

Like a corpse wanting to carry out its own autopsy.

When he said he wouldn't be fighting the next election my initial thought was that he didn't really fight his one either.

He didn't and his sitting on the fence stance over Brexit has cost him his job and his party a thumping.

The party will now have to soul search and figure out how they can - one day - get back into government, probably ease up on the hard-left stance for a start and sort out the insidious anti-semitic problem.

A lot of blame and scorn is being fired at Corbyn today.

I'm firmly of the belief that politics needs a hard shunt to the left but Corbyn was almost taking it about 300deg too far even for me.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Sturgeon now saying Scotland can't be kept in Westminster against its will and Johnson does not have a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU. This is going to get messy as time moves on.

One chap on sky saying that The SNP will go down a legal route, rather than a Catalonia style break away.

This woman just ain't gonna give up !!

Sturgeon can go fook a Ned. At the end of the day she is leader of a minority party in the UK. The UK as a whole has voted overwhelmingly to leave to EU and legally at that. As for Indy ref two as said before we should all have a vote on it.


I will go along with that.

The question on the ballot paper could simply say - should Scotland remain a part of the UK or not.

Be interesting how the vote would pan out.

As for yesterday, the voter turn out was slightly down on 2017.



Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Brexit obviously dominated the election but Corbyn, with the direction he's taken the Labour Party has been utterly rejected by the country. He is and always was totally unelectable.


True.  ...and yet after these election results still unbelievably won't walk the plank, but insists on remaining to oversee his successor...  The labour party are complete idiots if they go along with that plan....  and yet it seems they will.

Like a corpse wanting to carry out its own autopsy.

When he said he wouldn't be fighting the next election my initial thought was that he didn't really fight his one either.

He didn't and his sitting on the fence stance over Brexit has cost him his job and his party a thumping.

The party will now have to soul search and figure out how they can - one day - get back into government, probably ease up on the hard-left stance for a start and sort out the insidious anti-semitic problem.

A lot of blame and scorn is being fired at Corbyn today.

I'm firmly of the belief that politics needs a hard shunt to the left but Corbyn was almost taking it about 300deg too far even for me.


David Lammy said earlier on that a centre-left stance is where Labour should head. A chance to appeal to the hard-left within the party and Mr & Mrs Joe Average.

Jack Straw said Labour is in a mess right now, again citing Labour supporters saying they could not vote for Corbyn.

Now we have commentators suggesting Corbyn should resign immediately rather than linger on as a has been temp caretaker.

Dare say it will be a messy leadership contest.

The Jewish Labour Movement stated that the failure of yesterday's humiliating defeat lies squarely with the leadership.

As for the Tories, only time will tell if they can turn around the country and that is the challenging part.

The election results are a carbon copy of the EU referendum.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8680
Join date : 2011-10-23

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Lowest number of Labour seats for 84 years. Corbyn has managed to surpass Michael Foots 'longest suicide note in history' Manifesto with even fewer seats than that 1983 debacle.

Clueless and doomed.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Posts : 10114
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 80

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 10:31 am

Corbyn and Swinson have both bent over backwards to justify that they are right.... and it us that have got it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5766
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 10:35 am

When will the next round of anti democratic legal actions start?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 11:05 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Lowest number of Labour seats for 84 years. Corbyn has managed to surpass Michael Foots 'longest suicide note in history' Manifesto with even fewer seats than that 1983 debacle.

Clueless and doomed.


This was a good [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And as the dust still settles, the Corbynites are still blaming Brexit and not the Labour leadership for the defeat, unbelievable !!.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 11:10 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
When will the next round of anti democratic legal actions start?


If the rumours about The SNP are true, soon. The SNP are said to be preparing to challenge Westminster in a Scottish Court in over indyref2. Commentators now saying this will be the new battleground in the coming months and years.

QT was a good one last night, much heated remarks being thrown around.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It all got a bit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in London last night.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2126
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 59

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Momentum (Socialist Workers Party) will not be giving up control of the Labour party, we have the mind boggling result of working class, former solid Labour voting mining constituencies turning Conservative, i believe it is because the white, working class is naturally conservative (with a small c) and years of either being ignored, their votes taken for granted and recently being called racist and thick have come home to roost, the Tories are now the party for the working class, see what you've done Labour.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 14, 2019 12:32 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Momentum (Socialist Workers Party) will not be giving up control of the Labour party, we have the mind boggling result of working class, former solid Labour voting mining constituencies turning Conservative, i believe it is because the white, working class is naturally conservative (with a small c) and years of either being ignored, their votes taken for granted and recently being called racist and thick have come home to roost, the Tories are now the party for the working class, see what you've done Labour.


Rent-a-mob were out in force in London last night, whinging and screaming as usual.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5766
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 8:51 am

VillageGreen wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Momentum (Socialist Workers Party) will not be giving up control of the Labour party, we have the mind boggling result of working class, former solid Labour voting mining constituencies turning Conservative, i believe it is because the white, working class is naturally conservative (with a small c) and years of either being ignored, their votes taken for granted and recently being called racist and thick have come home to roost, the Tories are now the party for the working class, see what you've done Labour.


Rent-a-mob were out in force in London last night, whinging and screaming as usual.

My eldest boy showed me a FB post from someone I know quite well yesterday it was hilarious. One of the most vocal, unhappy remainers you've ever met who is determined to be disadvantaged by Brexit even when they clearly aren't. She and her Hubby are both in secure well paid jobs yet she's absolutely apoplectic about the election result now. She's been banging on about a people's vote ever since the last one and can't see that's pretty well what we've just had with the election with the same result we had before.
Anyway she's getting mercilessly trolled by someone else I know who is just asking simple questions of her which result in thousand word rants full of insult and innuendo which then get edited or deleted. She's now completely fallen out with loads of people all because she absolutely refuses to believe she's in a minority and also just refuses to accept any POV other than her own is correct. The vocal minority are alive and well and really, really feckin vocal.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4250
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 1:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Momentum (Socialist Workers Party) will not be giving up control of the Labour party, we have the mind boggling result of working class, former solid Labour voting mining constituencies turning Conservative, i believe it is because the white, working class is naturally conservative (with a small c) and years of either being ignored, their votes taken for granted and recently being called racist and thick have come home to roost, the Tories are now the party for the working class, see what you've done Labour.


Rent-a-mob were out in force in London last night, whinging and screaming as usual.

My eldest boy showed me a FB post from someone I know quite well yesterday it was hilarious. One of the most vocal, unhappy remainers you've ever met who is determined to be disadvantaged by Brexit even when they clearly aren't. She and her Hubby are both in secure well paid jobs yet she's absolutely apoplectic about the election result now. She's been banging on about a people's vote ever since the last one and can't see that's pretty well what we've just had with the election with the same result we had before.
Anyway she's getting mercilessly trolled by someone else I know who is just asking simple questions of her which result in thousand word rants full of insult and innuendo which then get edited or deleted. She's now completely fallen out with loads of people all because she absolutely refuses to believe she's in a minority and also just refuses to accept any POV other than her own is correct. The vocal minority are alive and well and really, really feckin vocal.


I was listening to Radio5live, then LBC, late last night and the amount of people who were gutted about the election result was staggering. One Labour supporting chap from up north was fuming that other Labour supporters voted Tory, then a woman called Morag from Scotland started ranting on about this and that, again citing Westminster has no right to keep Scotland in the Union and out of the EU. Although there were many in Scotland who voted for The SNP tactically and who are not for independence, as Sturgeon has pointed out.

The election is over now, the result was what it was and we all need to move on now, for better or worse. Only time will tell if the people did the right thing.

All we can do is scrutinise the Tories from now until 2024 on what they do, or not do.

As for Labour, one can only hope that they regroup and get back to basics, preferably without the influence of momentum.

The next five years are going to be so-so interesting.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5803
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 6:20 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Momentum (Socialist Workers Party) will not be giving up control of the Labour party, we have the mind boggling result of working class, former solid Labour voting mining constituencies turning Conservative, i believe it is because the white, working class is naturally conservative (with a small c) and years of either being ignored, their votes taken for granted and recently being called racist and thick have come home to roost, the Tories are now the party for the working class, see what you've done Labour.

I think you’re right, except the Tory party will never be the party of the working class. But neither is Labour.

Hopefully Johnson will prove me wrong and will repay that trust, considering we’ve got them for at least 10 years. Time to make the best of it is suppose.

I’ve lost and got over it.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5803
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptySun Dec 15, 2019 6:26 pm

One thing that did strike me was whilst Corbyn was saying “we won the arguments” . McDonnell in front a camera said “this is on me”. His political career is over, he didn’t need to do that but he did.

Momentum, McLuskey and Milne can go and feck themselves, McDonell came across as someone that genuinely wanted to do something about ipoverty. Give the man some credit for this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5766
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2019 10:35 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Momentum (Socialist Workers Party) will not be giving up control of the Labour party, we have the mind boggling result of working class, former solid Labour voting mining constituencies turning Conservative, i believe it is because the white, working class is naturally conservative (with a small c) and years of either being ignored, their votes taken for granted and recently being called racist and thick have come home to roost, the Tories are now the party for the working class, see what you've done Labour.


Rent-a-mob were out in force in London last night, whinging and screaming as usual.

My eldest boy showed me a FB post from someone I know quite well yesterday it was hilarious. One of the most vocal, unhappy remainers you've ever met who is determined to be disadvantaged by Brexit even when they clearly aren't. She and her Hubby are both in secure well paid jobs yet she's absolutely apoplectic about the election result now. She's been banging on about a people's vote ever since the last one and can't see that's pretty well what we've just had with the election with the same result we had before.
Anyway she's getting mercilessly trolled by someone else I know who is just asking simple questions of her which result in thousand word rants full of insult and innuendo which then get edited or deleted. She's now completely fallen out with loads of people all because she absolutely refuses to believe she's in a minority and also just refuses to accept any POV other than her own is correct. The vocal minority are alive and well and really, really feckin vocal.


I was listening to Radio5live, then LBC, late last night and the amount of people who were gutted about the election result was staggering. One Labour supporting chap from up north was fuming that other Labour supporters voted Tory, then a woman called Morag from Scotland started ranting on about this and that, again citing Westminster has no right to keep Scotland in the Union and out of the EU. Although there were many in Scotland who voted for The SNP tactically and who are not for independence, as Sturgeon has pointed out.

The election is over now, the result was what it was and we all need to move on now, for better or worse. Only time will tell if the people did the right thing.

All we can do is scrutinise the Tories from now until 2024 on what they do, or not do.

As for Labour, one can only hope that they regroup and get back to basics, preferably without the influence of momentum.

The next five years are going to be so-so interesting.

What amuses me is that I don't think I've ever been happy with the people in power and the only vote that has ever gone the way I wanted it to was the referendum. Did anyone ever give a fook that I was unhappy with with thirty five years of democracy not going the way I wanted it to? Bit like the Angry Bird I was telling you about apparently she's angry because she cares more than anyone else. Tough shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Back to top 
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: