Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 12:13 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I say pro terrorist because of his support for the IRA and Hezbola. He has also voted against every piece of anti terrorist legislation brought before the house of commons since he became an MP.

I don't ever remember reading anything that Corbyn has said that sympathises with terrorists or outwardly supporting them or violence although there has been plenty of innuendo amply funded by big businesses through right wing telly and papers. What he has done is empathise with the plight of many people who have had the shite bombed out of them and their nearest and dearest, starved and been made homeless by the war on freedom or whatever this holy crusade is called. He then suggests that maybe it might be worth reaching out to these people finding out what their grievieances are and then having a nice chat and sorting hings out without killing loads and loads of men, women and children. Lest we forget ffffs.

May I suggest this from 2017.

And also this from 2018.

And a debunk (bit of a long read) from 2016

The links between Corbyn and whoever will not go away anytime soon, they are cemented into the minds of a very sizeable number of the British population.

Yet again more second hand opinions of people who more than likely support the Tory and New Labour policy of bombing the shite out of everybody which results in more terrorists, more refugees and more dead children. Here is an actual quote from Corbyn and if you can be bothered to look he repeats the same kind of message regarding Ireland, Palistine, Israel, Syria ect.

"Does it mean I agree with Hamas and what it does? No. Does it mean I agree with Hezbollah and what they do? No. What it means is that I think to bring about a peace process, you have to talk to people with whom you may profoundly disagree ... There is not going to be a peace process unless there is talks involving Israel, Hezbollah and Hamas and I think everyone knows that".

The above is pretty well where I am on terrorism.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 12:20 pm

Corbyn neutral = another way of saying sitting on the fence.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Absolutely Zippers and fwiw I think he'd make a terrible leader, a lot of his ideals I support wholeheartedly but as a leader of men he is feckin useless. The above is a good case in point, he says he will get a better deal from the EU but then not support it himself? More than a bit wierd.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I say pro terrorist because of his support for the IRA and Hezbola. He has also voted against every piece of anti terrorist legislation brought before the house of commons since he became an MP.

I don't ever remember reading anything that Corbyn has said that sympathises with terrorists or outwardly supporting them or violence although there has been plenty of innuendo amply funded by big businesses through right wing telly and papers. What he has done is empathise with the plight of many people who have had the shite bombed out of them and their nearest and dearest, starved and been made homeless by the war on freedom or whatever this holy crusade is called. He then suggests that maybe it might be worth reaching out to these people finding out what their grievieances are and then having a nice chat and sorting hings out without killing loads and loads of men, women and children. Lest we forget ffffs.

And also this from 2018.

The links between Corbyn and whoever will not go away anytime soon, they are cemented into the minds of a very sizeable number of the British population.

Yet again more second hand opinions of people who more than likely support the Tory and New Labour policy of bombing the shite out of everybody which results in more terrorists, more refugees and more dead children. Here is an actual quote from Corbyn and if you can be bothered to look he repeats the same kind of message regarding Ireland, Palistine, Israel, Syria ect.

"Does it mean I agree with Hamas and what it does? No. Does it mean I agree with Hezbollah and what they do? No. What it means is that I think to bring about a peace process, you have to talk to people with whom you may profoundly disagree ... There is not going to be a peace process unless there is talks involving Israel, Hezbollah and Hamas and I think everyone knows that".

We would all like to see peace in the Middle-East, will it happen though, probably not. Too many hot heads in the region who seem not to care for a lasting peace. It has been going on for decades now and will go on for decades more.

IS are still a threat even though they have been knocked back in recent months. They will no doubt regroup elsewhere in the years to come. The ideology that they have spread needs to be tackled, a difficult job indeed.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 7:35 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

And also this from 2018.

We would all like to see peace in the Middle-East, will it happen though, probably not. Too many hot heads in the region who seem not to care for a lasting peace. It has been going on for decades now and will go on for decades more.

IS are still a threat even though they have been knocked back in recent months. They will no doubt regroup elsewhere in the years to come. The ideology that they have spread needs to be tackled, a difficult job indeed.

FFS Village middle will never settle down whilst we keep bombing the shite out of them. I was inspired to travel by all the old hippies and their overland bus journeys to India. Through Europe, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Irag, Afganistan, Pakistan, India what a feckin trip. That was only in the late eighties and now you'd only get to Turkey and then you couldn't go all the way to the border. Nothing will change whilst we carry on the same behaviour I side much more with Corbyn over the issue than I do with you.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

And also this from 2018.

FFS Village middle will never settle down whilst we keep bombing the shite out of them.  I was inspired to travel by all the old hippies and their overland bus journeys to India. Through Europe, Turkey, Syria, Iran, Irag, Afganistan, Pakistan, India what a feckin trip. That was only in the late eighties and now you'd only get to Turkey and then you couldn't go all the way to the border. Nothing will change whilst we carry on the same behaviour I side much more with Corbyn over the issue than I do with you.

Point taken.

I will add though that sometimes war has to happen for whatever reason. The first gulf war and the conflict in Afghanistan were justified. The second gulf war should not really have taken place, as it was built on dodgy evidence and it also spawned ISIS-ISIL-IS, along with its warped ideology. But, we are were we are and nothing can change that.

There is work going on in this country in deradicalising wannabe jihadis and that must continue regardless of issues surrounding it. As for those individuals who have returned from Syria - and will return - that is a whole set of new problems.

LINK ONE

LINK TWO

I have read articles in the past where some of these returnees have stated that that over time they disliked what they were doing in Syria, the brutal nature of combat in the arena and how they realised that this chapter in their life was not for them.

As for Israel and Palestine, the main cusp of tension in the Middle-East, every effort available should he used to get those two to agree to a lasting peace deal, and that is the hard part. The situation is not helped now that Trump resides in the White House.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 3:51 pm

I find this online where Corbyn is asked several times if he will condemn the 1974 IRA atrocities in Birmingham, he hangs up the phone

Corbyn is not the man to become Prime Minister of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, he and several of his cabinet - most notably Dianne Abbot - are a threat to the security and balance of the country.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 pm

"a threat to the security and balance of the country."

Why won't Boris release the report on Russian interference? What is he frightened off?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 5:36 am

I dont care what the polls are predicting this is a hung parliament all day long and an even bigger mess than before.
I think people are seriously under estimating how many seat Swinson's mob will gain
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 7:28 am

Not sure that Swinson will do as well has some people will think,...three reasons.

1.....She is becoming Lib/Dems version of marmite and even she is toning down her approach.

2.....Many students/ ex-students have not forgiven them for when they were in the coalition government and approved student fees (Nick Clegg).

3.....There are remainers who have now accepted the will of the people (17.4 million) and now just want Brexit done.....instead of revoking the referendum and the chaos that that would unleash upon an exhausted UK.....enough is enough for most of us....we need to get on with it.

PS.....Swinson is a Scottish MP.....East Dunbartonshire.....she lost it in 2015....regained it in 2017....and it is possible if the SNP sweep all before them in this election she could lose it again.....an election seat with interest me thinks.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 9:39 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
I dont care what the polls are predicting this is a hung parliament all day long and an even bigger mess than before.
I think people are seriously under estimating how many seat Swinson's mob will gain

I think Swinson will gain feck all and like Zyph said she may even lose her own seat. I know lots of remainers who think having another ref is madness and business and the economy need to move on from three and a half years of stasis. As for Corby he seems to be going so hard to the left even lots of lefties I know think he's gone a bit mental.
At first I predicted a hung parliament but despite this Bojo is still seen as the safe bet by many. I think he'll get the slight majority back that May lost.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 10:26 pm

Anyone we know in the audience

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 10:49 am

[quote="seadog"]"a threat to the security and balance of the country."

Why won't Boris release the report on Russian interference? What is he frightened

To be honest with you, they are all as bad as each other.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 10:53 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Tory - Lib Dem coalition again ?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 11:10 am

Farage still speaks more sense than any of them.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 9:52 am

On the Andrew Neil show, Jeremy Corbyn, was asked to apologise for the anti-semitic crisis within the party, he refused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am

VillageGreen wrote:
On the Andrew Neil show, Jeremy Corbyn, was asked to apologise for the anti-semitic crisis within the party, he refused

4 times.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 10:46 am

Unless Corbyn goes into hiding I'm predicting a Johnson landslide.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Sturgeon grilled over cost of SNP manifesto
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Unless Corbyn goes into hiding I'm predicting a Johnson landslide.

I read somewhere that if he loses the election, he will stand down.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 2:04 pm

P.O.I wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

4 times.

Andrew Neil can certainly grill the best of them !!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 11:24 am

An apt song for Corbyn.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 1:26 pm

I don't think the two 'main' parties have ever offered a worse choice for voters - and there's been some stiff competition over the past 20 years. It's a choice between 1) the cuckoo land 6th form marxist whose policies will bankrupt the country in 2 years and whose association with terrorist groups who want to wipe Israel off the planet has attracted all manner of anti-semites to his party or 2) a pathological liar obsessed with hard brexit at any cost regardless of the catastrophic damage many predict it will do to the british economy for decades to come. It looks like the british people are opting for the latter but either way Britain will suffer whoever wins this election. Bad times ahead.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 2:04 pm

P.O.I wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

4 times.

Andrew Neil defeats Sturgeon
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 2:06 pm

A song for Jo Swinson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 22 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next