The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Posts : 9978
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 80

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 am

Bercow needs to grab power now....because in November his out of control wife will be fully in charge of him and his wallet....plus the bullying inquiries against him starting up....he will suddenly become a no one.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 10:19 am

zyph wrote:
Bercow needs to grab power now....because in November his out of control wife will be fully in charge of him and his wallet....plus the bullying inquiries against him starting up....he will suddenly become a no one.

He's the Tory MP for Buckingham
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Posts : 9978
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 80

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 am

Not after 31st Oct.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 10:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Lmfao Hugh. If you can't see the bias in the house and the sheer will of not implementing Brexit I don't know what to say. This little sub heading in the news says it all really, "MPs demand more time to debate Brexit bill after 500hrs of debate".

They haven't debated the Withdrawal Bill. Again its simply how parliament works, its a place where things are debated and voted on. Uou don't just get to ram things though because the tax dodging owner of a Newspaper wants total and complete dereglultion and thats what you thik you want..

As for Bias Parliament voted heavily in favour of activating article 50 a fact you conveniently ignore. It may even vote this deal through. What isn't going to be allowed to happen is the country being fecked over for the benefit of not losing any votes to Nigel Farage.


Last edited by Hugh Watt on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 10:37 am

On that note, I was thinking Nigel Farage had been quiet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh no Shocked That's confused matters. What are you all going to think now?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5512
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Lmfao Hugh. If you can't see the bias in the house and the sheer will of not implementing Brexit I don't know what to say. This little sub heading in the news says it all really, "MPs demand more time to debate Brexit bill after 500hrs of debate".

They haven't debated the Withdrawal Bill. Again its simply how parliament works, its a place where things are debated and voted on. Uou don't just get to ram things though because the tax dodging owner of a Newspaper wants total and complete dereglultion and thats what you thik you want..

As for Bias Parliament voted heavily in favour of activating article 50 a fact you conveniently ignore. It may even vote this deal through. What isn't going to be allowed to happen is the country being fecked over for the benefit of not losing any votes to Nigel Farage.

Of course they havnt debated the withdrawal bill they debated an amendment to it then Bercrow refused a vote on the withdrawal bill using the excuse it had already been debated. This is getting like the Brent years now it can't keep going on.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5512
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 12:59 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
On that note, I was thinking Nigel Farage had been quiet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh no Shocked That's confused matters. What are you all going to think now?

Who cares? Farage is only an issue if and when all deals, no deals and further votes have been discarded and we end up with another election. Then Farage will become a much bigger force and the Tories will probably have to use him to get a majority. Now that would be funny.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Live debate in the Commons on withdrawal bill and less than 50 MPs in situ absolute joke now
Johnson sat for an hour after his "speech" and just sneered at everyone opposite. The most disgusting despicable lying individiual I can remember since the 70s and we've had some right mingers these last 5 decades

Suspect it will pass tonight and I'll go for 2 votes. God alone knows what happens if its a tie and it goes to the Speaker

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 4:47 pm

The WAB will pass, if only so it can be loaded with amendments at 3rd reading. Its the programme motion that is the biggie, the time being set out to debate the bill. Thats more iikely to fail and if it does Johnson says he'll pull the WAB and go for an election.

Labour should go for this. Farage is primed with the betrayal stuff which will split the Tory vote and I gree with you on Johnson. Virtually everything in his speech was a barefaced lie and I maintain if you were to give Ian Newell some elocution lessons, table manners and a basic grasp of latin you would end up with something very similar to him.

Plus he isn't actually very good, waving your arms about whilst gibbering like Sir Rowley Birkin QC doesn't really cut it.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm

As most predicted Government wins WAB but loses programme motion. Legislation is being paused, he’s not mentioned GE which he wouldn’t get before end November anyway, so assume he’s going to try and get an extension long enough to see off the Benn act but it’s all with the EU27 for now.

So much for taking back control.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
As most predicted Government wins WAB but loses programme motion. Legislation is being paused, he’s not mentioned GE which he wouldn’t get before end November anyway, so assume he’s going to try and get an extension long enough to see off the Benn act but it’s all with the EU27 for now.

So much for taking back control.

Hugh am only recalling what was said on Sky before but to have a GE within November Parliament has to be dissolved by tomorrow the 24th. Early Sky today Wednesday is suggesting 12/12 as election day
Was surprised at the size of the majority though on 1st vote
Corbyn to be fair to him immediately offered to work across the house over a proper time scale

Its all about face with the odious Johnson and the 31st October. Sat there like a child with his arms folded....The Bill passed let the EU grant a 1 month extension to sort it out now
Whats wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 6:58 am

PMQs at 12 noon could be pure Gold....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5512
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

Best Prime Minister we've had in decades.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
As most predicted Government wins WAB but loses programme motion. Legislation is being paused, he’s not mentioned GE which he wouldn’t get before end November anyway, so assume he’s going to try and get an extension long enough to see off the Benn act but it’s all with the EU27 for now.

So much for taking back control.

Hugh am only recalling what was said on Sky before but to have a GE within November Parliament has to be dissolved by tomorrow the 24th. Early Sky today Wednesday is suggesting 12/12 as election day
Was surprised at the size of the majority though on 1st vote
Corbyn to be fair to him immediately offered to work across the house over a proper time scale

Its all about face with the odious Johnson and the 31st October. Sat there like a child with his arms folded....The Bill passed let the EU grant a 1 month extension to sort it out now
Whats wrong with that.

Its all a bit up in the air as talk of an election seems to have quietened down, it looks as though that was used as a threat to the rebels on both sides. So he's a bully as well as a liar and sociopath, remind you of anyone?

The margin of the 2nd reading isn't that important, a number voting for would have waited to see what amendments fly on the 3rd reading and then defeat it if none did. David Lammy

The trouble with this deal is that in its current form with its not acceptable to the current Parliament. So an election seems to be the only solution but we could end right where we started.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Best Prime Minister we've had in decades.

On what glorious achievement would this claim be based?

He's lost almost every vote he's put to parliament, been found to have acted unlawfully in proroguing it, misleading the Queen whilst doing so, kicked out 21 of his own MP's, including his hero's Grandson thus eliminating his majority, lost the support of his supposed allies, is about to oversee the break up of the UK and has failed miserably to deliver what he said he was he was going to deliver.

Plus he's the embodiment of the metropolitan elite you purport to despise.

Id' say he's shit and almost as bad as David Cameron.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 12:13 pm

3 Questions so far asked by Corbyn. 3 answers completely swerved by Johnson. Pure Gold....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 12:19 pm

Jesus wept 7 out of 7 swerved FFS how the hell is this lunatic running our country for christs sake
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 12:25 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jesus wept 7 out of 7 swerved FFS how the hell is this lunatic running our country for christs sake

If you gave Ian Newell elocution lessons, a basic grasp of latin and the classics you would have Boris Johnson.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 12:31 pm

How can he come out and say “There will be no checks between Northern Ireland and Great Britain"

At the bare minimum there will be checks to determine origin/destination and whether tariffs need to be applied.

How does he get with such barefaced lying?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5512
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Best Prime Minister we've had in decades.

On what glorious achievement would this claim be based?

He's lost almost every vote he's put to parliament, been found to have acted unlawfully in proroguing it, misleading the Queen whilst doing so, kicked out 21 of his own MP's, including his hero's Grandson thus eliminating his majority, lost the support of his supposed allies, is about to oversee the break up of the UK and has failed miserably to deliver what he said he was he was going to deliver.

Plus he's the embodiment of the metropolitan elite you purport to despise.

Id' say he's shit and almost as bad as David Cameron.

He's said what he wants to do, I want him to do it but the Metroploitan elite won't let him.
Anyway how much longer do you think MPs need to bring this to a close? Maybe three days is too tight but what about five days? Seven days? Seven years? Call in Brent? Anyway what do they want an extension for? To avoid no deal Brexit we were told, we must have a deal. Well we've got one but appazza now we need to be more closely aligned with the EU in a customs union, exactly what May got from the EU and MPs voted it down. And Johnsone gets called a liar, lmfao.
Bojo repeatedly gets called a liar but you and your Metropolitan elite remain MPs are all lying through your teeth no more time is needed to deliver Brexit in any form the time is needed to revoke Brexit but MPs. can't say that outright because many of them represent leave constituencies. I've never heard so much lies and bullshit and it's only with a heavily biased press (also representing the Metropolitan elite I may add) that they are getting away with it. Meanwhile business is damaged by Brexit uncertainty but the lying remainers don't give a feck despite being so caring about dear old Blighty.
Lies, lies damn your eyes, go and shove them where the sun don't shine along with all your way of the mark hypocritical blather.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5724
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 pm

The Maastrict treaty took 23 days to debate, for the Lisbon Treaty parliament sat for 11 days.

Given that the gravity of this is greater than both, I'd say 3 days is grossly insufficient.

As for "heavily biased press", I don't know what planet you are on but I can only surmise they do not sell the Sun, The Mail, The Telegraph or The Express on it
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4184
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 11:00 am

The EU grant an extension until the end of January 2020, more fun and games to continue in the house.
Plenty of toys to be hurled from the prams between now and then !! (again)
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4184
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Had a ten minute look in on what is going on in the house, toys definitely being thrown from the prams.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5512
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 9:15 am

Brilliant piece of manoeuvring by the House yet again. Three more months to do what exactly? No deal? Already ruled out, Deal with EU, already voted down a deal for two PM's. Why don't they just put a vote to the house to cancel Brexit? Labour will be fooked in an election so they are trying to swerve that. Still no solution being offered.
It's a shame the EU don't want to get blamed for us leaving but it would really help if they just said extension to Jan 31st and if you don't agree on a solution by then then leave with no deal by default. I can't see any other way of the deadlock being broken and the country slowly going down the pan because we are heading for FOUR YEARS of Brexit uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4184
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 10:48 am

And so we have yet another election to look forward too.

Battle buses at the ready as the warring parties do the UK rounds.

Never has an election been so important to us all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Back to top 
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: