The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4138
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
For all his bafoonery - and I know many will disagree - but Boris is spot on taking the line of cracking on towards an EU exit (deal or no deal) and making all the right sounds regarding it. I think it’ll turn out to be the cleverest political bluff possibly ever - and I reckon Brussels will keep blinking all the way until we finally actually get a deal agreed that’s more advantageous to us.


This will go right down to the wire and we could assume that the EU will be blinking like mad. They do not want a no deal either as it will harm them too.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4138
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 6:06 pm

Tgwu wrote:
I want to know how will the Irish Rep receive all their goods from Europe when most of it comes through the UK

This petition what is going around, how many who signed it are not UK citizens



It is the DUP who are most peed off with the backstop though. They see it as Northern Ireland becoming a separate entity and not Part of the United Kingdom, they don't like that one iota.

I can well see the backstop being removed - or renegotiated - further down the line as this gets nearer and nearer to crunch time. What they would renegotiate on is still open for debate.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 6:26 am

Further words superfluous.....simply appalling Gove and Javid were actually on the same stage when stated and broadcast live

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 6:31 am

Czarcasm wrote:
For all his bafoonery - and I know many will disagree - but Boris is spot on taking the line of cracking on towards an EU exit (deal or no deal) and making all the right sounds regarding it. I think it’ll turn out to be the cleverest political bluff possibly ever - and I reckon Brussels will keep blinking all the way until we finally actually get a deal agreed that’s more advantageous to us.

Assumption being the mother of all feck ups but you'd have to assume that if the backstop was removed by whatever method than the withdrawal agreement would fly though.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4138
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am

I see Jezza is backing all the protests that are taking place all over the country.

Momentum - the campaign group that propelled Corbyn to become Labour leader - are behind the demonstrations.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5669
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 8:54 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
I want to know how will the Irish Rep receive all their goods from Europe when most of it comes through the UK

This petition what is going around, how many who signed it are not UK citizens



It is the DUP who are most peed off the the backstop though. They see it as Northern Ireland becoming a separate entity and not Part of the United Kingdom, they don't like that one iota.

I can well see the backstop being removed - or renegotiated - further down the line as this gets nearer and nearer to crunch time. What they would renegotiate on is still open for debate.



The Backstop was negotiated by Theresa Mays team to include the whole UK as opposed to NI to prevent a customs and regs border in the Irish Sea and to enable them to remain tied to the UK.

On what evidence have you seen that it will be dropped?

Everyone, the EU, Germany, France has said repeatedly it is not up for negotiation.  Throughout this they have said what they will do and do what they have said. Who remembers when the EU said, before we talk about a future trade deal, we need the Irish border sorted, rights for EU citizens in the UK sorted and the so called Divorce bill sorted, David Davis capitulated to the sequencing in less than a day.

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
For all his bafoonery - and I know many will disagree - but Boris is spot on taking the line of cracking on towards an EU exit (deal or no deal) and making all the right sounds regarding it. I think it’ll turn out to be the cleverest political bluff possibly ever - and I reckon Brussels will keep blinking all the way until we finally actually get a deal agreed that’s more advantageous to us.

Assumption being the mother of all feck ups but you'd have to assume that if the backstop was removed by whatever method than the withdrawal agreement would fly though.

It wouldn't, there are enough ERG who want a complete cliff edge break to disrupt it.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:28 am

Next week is going to be absolutely complusive viewing on Sky rolling news
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5379
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:51 am

It's a shame that weve had remainers in charge since the referendum, it's just prolonged the agony and done untold damage to the economy already. Parliament now realistically only have a week left to defy the will of the people.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Posts : 9944
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 80

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:54 am

Remoaners are trying... they say to stop a no-deal Brexit.....so why are they waving EU flags all the time.....because it's not no-deal they're campaigning against...it's leaving the EU at all.

Any negotiations being done with the EU at present for leaving with a deal....is being undermined by remainers.....they're like a heavy chain dragging down any chance of getting a proper agreement that is fair for the UK....it's not only the EU we are negotiating with....we can do that....but remainers are giving the EU an unfair advantage......remainers are causing a treasonable act against the 17.4 million voters who THREE YEARS AGO voted to leave.....the will of the people is being eroded by those who voted to stay in the developing United States of Europe and it's expanding federalism.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10518
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:57 am

Thank goodness this thread is not becoming hysterical.....................

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1519
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:48 am

seadog wrote:
Thank goodness this thread is not becoming hysterical.....................


Every fecker else is across the UK. Complete mountain and molehill stuff. Whipped up by Sly news and the British Bias Corporation.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_______________________________________
A man once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.”
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4138
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:50 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
I want to know how will the Irish Rep receive all their goods from Europe when most of it comes through the UK

This petition what is going around, how many who signed it are not UK citizens



It is the DUP who are most peed off the the backstop though. They see it as Northern Ireland becoming a separate entity and not Part of the United Kingdom, they don't like that one iota.

I can well see the backstop being removed - or renegotiated - further down the line as this gets nearer and nearer to crunch time. What they would renegotiate on is still open for debate.



The Backstop was negotiated by Theresa Mays team to include the whole UK as opposed to NI to prevent a customs and regs border in the Irish Sea and to enable them to remain tied to the UK.

On what evidence have you seen that it will be dropped?

Everyone, the EU, Germany, France has said repeatedly it is not up for negotiation.  Throughout this they have said what they will do and do what they have said. Who remembers when the EU said, before we talk about a future trade deal, we need the Irish border sorted, rights for EU citizens in the UK sorted and the so called Divorce bill sorted, David Davis capitulated to the sequencing in less than a day.

harvetheslayer wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
For all his bafoonery - and I know many will disagree - but Boris is spot on taking the line of cracking on towards an EU exit (deal or no deal) and making all the right sounds regarding it. I think it’ll turn out to be the cleverest political bluff possibly ever - and I reckon Brussels will keep blinking all the way until we finally actually get a deal agreed that’s more advantageous to us.

Assumption being the mother of all feck ups but you'd have to assume that if the backstop was removed by whatever method than the withdrawal agreement would fly though.

It wouldn't, there are enough ERG who want a complete cliff edge break to disrupt it.



I have seen no evidence to suggest the backstop will be removed or renegotiated, I was making an assumption as to what could happen further down the line.

If a new deal is negotiated it would have to satisfy all parties in the UK but, there is no guarantee of that.

The 75 Parliamentarians have had [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2107
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 58

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 12:43 pm

My dad informs me that when Clement Attlee, Labour PM, prorogued Parliament in 1948 nobody said it was the end of democracy, the act of a dictator, or the end of the world, just a legal constitutional mechanism used to aid the passage at that time of contentious legalisation, I wonder why now is seen as different?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5669
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 2:46 pm

PatDunne wrote:
My dad informs me that when Clement Attlee, Labour PM, prorogued Parliament in 1948 nobody said it was the end of democracy, the act of a dictator, or the end of the world, just a legal constitutional mechanism used to aid the passage at that time of contentious legalisation, I wonder why now is seen as different?



1948 Parliament was prorogued to prevent opposition to a bill designed to limit the powers of the house of lords. The ones that don't hold their position as a result of democratic exercise.

In 2019 Parliament was prorogued because the Government don't have a working majority. Anyway the official word is that they want to instroduce a new parliament. So if if they don't want to be seen as anti democratic, the least they could do is not lie through their teeth about their intentions.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5379
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Parliament is always suspended following a queens speech. This is the longest parliamentary session ever. It's been done before hence has precedence.
What about MPs making a totally unprecedentated move taking control of the parliamentary process from the government and aided and abetted by Bercrow effectively tying Mays hands to do anything about the main policy ie Brexit she was elected to do? What about Bercrow driving a coach and horses through the constitution (words of the biased Beeb not me) and blocking a third vote on Mays deal to leave the EU? Apparently it's only no deal they are opposed to but they did more than anyone else to prevent the DEAL that we are all after? That's ok because it's prevents Brexit, it really is that simple nowadays, political manoeuvre by Leavers equals unconstitutional, un democratic, anything done by remainers is totally justified. I wouldn't mind quite so much if all the underhand little shites were more honest about it because it's feckin obvious to everybody else in the country.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2107
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 58

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Aren't people appointed to the House of Lords by the government of the day? if the House of Lords is to be considered undemocratic what then of the EU officials appointed in a similar manner and not voted in by the public?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5379
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 11:08 am

And the strength of feeling against no deal Brexit becomes apparent in Tavistock this morning with upwards of eighteen people ( four of which were children who judging by their expressions were deffo leavers) making a muted effort of a protest in the square.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4138
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 11:24 am

There is also a legal challenge going on in NI over the suspension of Parliament.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 9:41 am

Tusk and Barnier overnight laid down the gauntlet over no deal no transistion period no mini deals no nothing.....I can hardly wait for 6am tomorrow when Piers returns and the uproar begin and Tuesdays return to the Commons...
Popcorn delivered and a week of mayhem coming
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5379
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 10:18 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tusk and Barnier overnight laid down the gauntlet over no deal no transistion period no mini deals no nothing.....I can hardly wait for 6am tomorrow when Piers returns and the uproar begin and Tuesdays return to the Commons...
Popcorn delivered and a week of mayhem coming

Ideal the EU helping to deliver the Brexit the British people voted for.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4138
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 55
Location : Plymouth

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 12:36 pm

That old stalwart, Kenneth Clarke, has said he will [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5379
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 1:02 pm

The ace up Bojos sleeve is that he thinks if he calls an election hell end up with a bigger majority than he has now courtesy of a Farage pact and I tend to agree with him. Loads of remainer Tory voters will vote for him because they just couldn't vote for Corbyn and the leavers will anyway. The majority of the anger against no deal is in the MPs not on the streets. I think election will be called by Thursday latest.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Looks from Sky that a General Election will be called this afternoon, Cabinet has been summoned....
Edited lol. Having now spoken to James Cleverly Sky have edited their strapline. We'll see
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5379
Join date : 2017-09-09

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 pm

And head Thatcherite Tony Blair advising Corbyn not to support an election because no one likes him, in fact he's liked less than Brexit, you've got to laugh, MPs banging on about democracy but their actually shit scared of asking the people because they know its only in the protected confines of the commons they have any majority.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5121
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:33 pm

Statement live from Downing St at 6pm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Back to top 
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: