Jethro
akagreengull
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

READING TUESDAY GAME  Empty
PostSubject: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 8:10 pm

READING VIEW ON ARGYLE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When : Tuesday 27th August, 7.45pm Where : Home Park, Plymouth, PL2 3DQ Capacity 12,550

Away Stand : One side of the Barn Park End

What might I see in the area : A bridge going to Cornwall, pasties, cream teas - it would have been much better to play these cup games at 3pm on the preceding bank holiday  sunny

And hot on the heels of a long away league trip up north comes a long away league cup trek out south west to the most southerly football league ground.

Plymouth are playing two divisions below Reading in Division 4 and aren't doing too badly at all. They've already managed a win away at early leaders Crewe so look to be fairly useful and, of course, this is a cup game where they will see an opportunity to get a big club and some much needed cash in the next round. Therefore they are going to be primed and up for it while Reading, as with most other higher level sides in this round, are likely to play weakened sides and therefore at high risk of being dumped out of the competition.

I would expect Reading to be likely to field a different line up as that which turned out v Wycombe with, I think, both Obita and Blackett getting places on the bench if not playing some part. For the record the line up v Wycombe was : Rafael, Rinomhota, Moore, Morrison, McIntyre, Richards, Adam, Pele, Ejaria, Boye, Puscas Subs : Walker, Swift, Miazga, Loader, Baldock, Barrett, Olise but I reckon that starting line up will be little less experienced with Rafael, at least one of the CBs, Ejaria and Puscas rested (or at least only on the bench) so will be fun trying to guess this one.

The 3rd round draw is presumably to be held straight after the games on Tuesday and this game will go straight to penalties if the scores are level at 90 minutes so there shouldn't be too much hanging about waiting for a result.

Referee

A debut referee for this one I believe. Somerset's Kevin Johnson will hove into view to whistle up what we all hope will be a right royal win.

Historically

Reading have never played a league cup game at Home Park but did beat Plymouth at the Mad Stad in 2016 in the only league cup tie played between the two teams to date.

Home Park is a bit of (pil)grim place for Reading down the years with just 6 wins from 29 league visits the last of which was Brian's first game and saw Reading crash 4-1 to the relegation bound "Devoneers".

And just to complete the sorry record, Reading have lost both FA Cup games played at Home Park; 1-0 in 1999 and 2-0 in the very last FA Cup game played as a "non league" club back in January 1920.

Reading have a inital allocation of 803 for this game

Reminder

We wish to politely remind supporters that the football club is responsible for their conduct at all matches (home or away) and any person committing a football-related offence or involved in serious misconduct at any match will result in a club ban. Examples of serious misconduct include discriminatory, offensive or abusive chanting, entering the pitch, persistent standing and throwing a missile. Supporters witnessing any incidents of serious misconduct are encouraged to report this to the football club by texting 80800, beginning your message with the word SAFE.

Weather

The weather can change. But early indications suggest that it will be a relatively mild evening in Plymouth tomorrow night - the temperatures staying in the high teens with no rain currently forecast.

A gentle breeze and some cloud cover are expected, but the evening should be relatively pleasant for home and away fans on the night.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Looking forward to it, although my prediction is Argobury will lose.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 am

Can't make it unfortunately.

Going for 2-2 and a win on pens for argyle
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 10:56 am

I will be there, nice test for the team. 2-1 to Argyle.

Talk about a gap between the two sides, Argyle team worth £3.2 million, Reading team worth £43.38 million.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 1:03 pm

ST seats tickets that have not been brought by them are up on general sale, small turn out expected, 4,000 to 5,000
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 pm

I'd of loved to go, but my normal overnight in plymouth spot, isn't available cause my mate has to work early tomorrow, otherwise I'd of been there.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 1:29 pm

Ryan Lowe will not rush the return to action of Plymouth Argyle striker Byron Moore for the Carabao Cup second round clash against Championship club Reading at Home Park tonight.

Moore has missed the last three matches because of a hamstring injury and is desperate to get playing again.

However, Lowe saw another of his strikers, Dom Telford, hit by a similar problem in the 3-0 home win against Walsall in League Two on Saturday.

So the Pilgrims’ boss has ruled out taking any risks with the fitness of Moore.

That means new loan signing Zak Rudden, 19, is set for his first Argyle start after making his debut as the replacement for Telford at the weekend.

Rudden is likely to lead the attack with Ryan Taylor, who netted twice in the victory over Walsall.

A third Argyle forward, Joel Grant, continues to be sidelined by the torn hamstring he suffered in the 1-0 home defeat of Colchester United on August 10.

He is not far away from a return to action either, but tonight is too soon for him.

Lowe said: “If I put Byron back in and something happens then I have lost two strikers in the space of 72 hours. That ain’t going to happen.

“Byron will be itching to get back. I saw him at half-time on Saturday, and I won’t tell you what he said to me, but he’s champing at the bit.

His (injury) was not too bad, but Joel’s was a little bit worse. There will be no risk element in it.

“We have got players there that we feel can go again and we will pick the right team that we feel can win.”

It has been a busy start to the season for Argyle, with the cup tie against Reading their seventh match in 25 days.

While Lowe might want to freshen his side up after that hectic schedule, he also has to factor in the injuries up front and the quality of the opposition.

Lowe said: “Our number one priority is the league, let’s have it right, but we have got to respect Reading because they are a good outfit, so I ain’t going to make a million changes.

“I will make changes if I feel it’s necessary for niggles or tiredness, or little injuries, whatever it possibly may be.

“But at the moment, I think when you are in a good rich vein of form, it’s just keep going.”

That would suggest Lowe will stick closely to the side which has been playing regularly this season, even though there is a league trip to Northampton Town coming up this weekend.

Lowe said: “We will recover them properly in the right way. We have got another four days before Saturday, so we have to do it that way.

“But I will leave that up to John Lucas (Argyle’s fitness and conditioning coach), he’s the best in the business for that.

He will know who needs recovering, who needs rest and who’s alright to go again. We will take it from there.”

Lowe played back-up goalkeeper Mike Cooper in Argyle’s 2-0 first round win at home to Leyton Orient a fortnight ago.

Alex Palmer has started between the posts for all of the Pilgrims’ league games and has been in fine form.

The on-loan West Bromwich Albion shot-stopper kept his third clean sheet of the season against Walsall.

So Lowe has to decide whether to stick with Palmer or give Cooper another chance.

Lowe said: “He had an opportunity against Leyton Orient and was fantastic, but I don’t want to make too many changes because we are coming up against stern opposition in Reading.

“I was speaking to Rhys Wilmot (Argyle’s goalkeeping coach) about it. As keepers do you want to stay in because you have just had a clean sheet?

“It’s hard because as a striker, when you are in goalscoring form, you don’t want to come out of the side.

“I can guarantee you Ryan Taylor will want to play tonight because he scored two goals.”

If tonight’s tie ends in a draw after 90 minutes it will be decided by a penalty shoot-out without any extra-time being played.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 pm

security chasing out the workers

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Easy win 3-0. My other half's family are massive Reading fans. I could get banned from visiting them at Reading lol cheers
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:36 pm

Even with a weaken side still think there have enough turn us over tonight won’t go to penalties either
Reading 3-1
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm

We see what our defence is made of tonight, the mistake they will make will be punish.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Cooper, Tafari Moore, Josh Grant, Baxter and Rudden start.

Will Aimson and Fletcher brought in on the Bench
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Good to see Moore get a chance, might be last chance saloon though.Same as  Fletcher seeing as it took 3 injured strikers to get there behind Lolos.
aimson on the bench is a good sign,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Know its a low turn out tonight but please can we have this for league games,

tonight shows it can be done

There is pay on the gate (cash only) on turnstile 6 in the Devonport End, and turnstile 13 and 15 in the Lyndhurst.

Supporters wishing to purchase a ticket with card payment will need to go to the Home Park Ticket Office.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:39 pm

No shame in losing this one. As long as we keep the defeat to a respectable scoreline.

Argo 0-2 Reading
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Reading: Walker, Howe, Osho, Odimayo, Obita (c), Rinomhota, Adam, Barrett, Olise, Loader, Méïté.
Subs: Virgínia, Morrison, Baldock, Boyé, Medford-Smith, Nevers, Coleman.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:42 pm

Fallon on coms tonight, makes a change for argyle to have people who know what they are talking abiut on more regularly
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Cmon Argyle we can win this, under Adams would have had no chance
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Remember when we could have signed Charlie Adam but we signed Alan Gow....... laugh
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Moore is down atm, hope he's not injured don't have much cover at RWB.

We've had a few good chances from sound of it,

Reading had one from a Canavan mistake,

could be anyones game so far.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Large crowd reckon 10k bit disorientated sitting in block 6 opposed to block1. Argo playing some excellent stuff.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:01 pm

Reading fielding a lot of academy players.  Perhaps there is shame in losing.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Large crowd reckon 10k bit disorientated sitting in block 6 opposed to block1. Argo playing some excellent stuff.

Get off here and enjoy the game ffs cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:07 pm

1-0 Argyle goal mouth scramble but it all counts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: READING TUESDAY GAME    READING TUESDAY GAME  Empty

Back to top Go down

READING TUESDAY GAME
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next