harvetheslayer
akagreengull
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Some one caught smoking on cctv in block 10,

I can't see why Argyle do not let people out for a smoke at half-time like other clubs have allowed, what harm will it do.

I have watched Argyle at Birmingham City, Port Vale, Yeovil Town and Bristol Rovers in the past and they had smoking areas that were out of the way.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Great win simple as
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm

What was funnier was a bloke casually strolling out of the concourse after halftime, up to his seat in block 6......with a full pint going on cheers

The ironic thing was it took our moronic stewards ( and cctv ) a good twenty minutes to notice by which time when they strolled up to the fella, he casually finished it and passed the glass to the steward. Laughing

Now if the fcuker had dared to stand up....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Great win for the bheys, we got our argo back.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
What was funnier was a bloke casually strolling out of the concourse after halftime, up to his seat in block 6......with a full pint going on cheers

The ironic thing was it took our moronic stewards ( and cctv ) a good twenty minutes to notice by which time when they strolled up to the fella, he casually finished it and passed the glass to the steward. Laughing

At the Rovers friendly awhile back some chap was drinking a can of beer in the Devonport End, the stewards went up to him and he finished it off and gave them the can.

I was reading a post from a Belgium fan on one of the Argyle facebook pages and he was saying they can drink while watching the game over there, well the side he followed anyway.

One day, perhaps it will be permitted over here ?.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 6:41 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

At the Rovers friendly awhile back some chap was drinking a can of beer in the Devonport End, the stewards went up to him and he finished it off and gave them the can.

I was reading a post from a Belgium fan on one of the Argyle facebook pages and he was saying they can drink while watching the game over there, well the side he followed anyway.

Of course you should be able to enjoy a drink at football, but what would jobsworths like Bungo then do for a living?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 7:33 pm

Football stewarding is a mysterious and wonderous art.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 10:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Of course you should be able to enjoy a drink at football, but what would jobsworths like Bungo then do for a living?

Goes back to Hillborough and the police and media cover up where drunk fans were blamed for bad stadium management and piss poor crowd control from the old bill, the violence of the eighties didn't help but what makes a mockery of the current setup is the pre match binge drinking it encourages. Has anybody ever been thrown out of corporate for having a drink?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Joe Riley had to be substituted during the 3-0 win against Walsall at Home Park despite a pre-match injection for an arm injury.

Riley lasted for around an hour of the League Two game before he had to be taken off.

The 27-year-old suffered a season-ending broken left arm when Argyle drew 2-2 away to Blackpool last March.

That required surgery to have a plate inserted in the arm and Riley has recently started to experience pain.

Argyle have lost striker Dom Telford to a hamstring injury in the first half against Walsall, although manager Ryan Lowe was hopeful it was not too serious.

Riley has started this season as the regular right wing-back for Argyle.

Lowe said: “I think his injection had just wore off. He had it today so he could play, so fair play to him.

“He’s putting his body on the line for us. It’s his arm that he broke and got a plate in. He comes in and says ‘Gaffer, I want to give it a go, I want an injection’ so brilliant.”

Joe Edwards moved from central midfield to the right wing-back role after Riley left the action.

“He (Riley) got a whack, I don’t know what game it was,” said Lowe. “He just landed on it and he has obviously got a plate in it.

“We feel it has just given a little bit of a shock to it, but he’s fine. He can move it. It’s just a little bit sore.

“As I say, he’s on an injection to play today so, for me, he goes right up in my estimation.

“He doesn’t want to let us down, he doesn’t want to let the fans down, he doesn’t want to let the club down and, ultimately, he doesn’t want to let himself down.

“We have got players in there that can fill the role. Joe Edwards has gone out there for a little bit and Josh Grant can play there also, so we are fine.

“We will just make sure we recover him properly,” added the Pilgrims’ boss about Riley.

Telford was racing clear of the Walsall defence in the 25th minute when he pulled up clutching the back of one of his legs.

It was the classic sign of someone who had pulled a hamstring and he was replaced by Zak Rudden, who made his debut after signing on loan from Glasgow Rangers on Friday.

Telford has been added to a casualty list which also includes two other strikers – Joel Grant and Byron Moore, who have also had hamstring trouble.

Lowe said: “Dom felt something in his hamstring, but we will address it. We have got Joel and Byron on the way back.

“Byron just missed today. He possibly could have been involved, but we brought Zak in and there was no need to risk him. We have got young (Klaidi) Lolos on the bench too.”

Lowe was optimistic that the speedy Telford had not completely torn the hamstring.

“He wanted to carry on, but he has felt a pinch in there,” said Lowe. “I take the risk element out of everything and we have got him off at the right time.

“Listen, there’s every chance he has got a little pull in there otherwise he wouldn’t have come off.

“Once I saw him holding his hamstring you have got to just get him off the pitch.

“We will monitor Dom. We will get him looked at as soon as we possibly can, but looking at it he could be a week to two weeks potentially.”
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Ryan Lowe has admitted there is ‘a possibility’ that Plymouth Argyle will appeal against the red card shown to Antoni Sarcevic near the end of the 3-0 defeat of Walsall at Home Park.

Sarcevic was red-carded by Josh Smith, who was refereeing his first game since being promoted to the EFL ranks this summer, for an 85th minute tackle on Stuart Sinclair.

He slid in heavily on the Walsall midfielder, but Lowe did not feel it was a challenge which warranted him being sent-off.

If Argyle do not appeal, or are unsuccessful in doing so, Sarcevic will have to serve a three-match suspension.

Lowe said: “I don’t want to get involved with the referee stuff, but we will address it. We have looked at, we don’t feel it’s a red card.

“We will look at it again – we will get some information on it and some advice – and if we feel it’s worth appealing we will.”

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 am

No photos on yesterday game on GOS, You can listen to Lowe after match interview on there
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:01 am

Not a red card from watching replay, went for ball but bit late warrants a yellow.
The ref was somewhat cautious, gave a lot of free kicks, deffo worth appealing.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 11:15 am

Czarcasm wrote:

I was coming in through the double disable gate when a steward told us to wait for the gate man to come back, when he came back he had a plastic cup and empty a can into it and give the cup back to a fan
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Nice flag behind the goal at the barn park end

Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 3:52 pm

good win for us yesterday. Once everything clicks there is Goals galore with this team just need to shore up our defence i still dont trust static caravan and wootton. it got nervy at 1-0 at times but as soon as that 2nd went in there was no doubt at all the 3 points were ours. Good to see Taylor get a brace after 16 months of no goals which i was shocked it was that long when i found out. the red card for Sarcevic i think had merit as soon as you dive in studs up no matter what the ref is going to send the player off.good goal though.
Shame Telford and Riley went of injuried. Hopefully they wont be missing for too long. Overall pleased with what i saw from argyle the new lad looks a decent player.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 8:29 pm

Dom Telfords in the changing rooms this evening for treatment
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2019 8:42 pm

Hope it goes well and back soon, good player.
Back to top Go down
Vampires11

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 7:46 am

4 clean sheets in 6 games, defo need to sort the defense out
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 8:06 am

Vampires11 wrote:

What I have seen we been riding our luck and we have a good keeper with poor finishing by other teams.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 11:27 am

Vampires11 wrote:

We lost three points at Newport after dominating the game possession wise then got mugged. Highlights the other day two unmarked headers in box, very annoying. Unfortunately in this league we will get mugged regularly by teams putting eleven players behind the game line and looking for an set piece. I'm not moaning too much Lowe and Hallett knock Adams and Brent into a cocked hat but if we had a decent centre back pairing I honestly think we would piss this league.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Vampires11 wrote:

We lost three points at Newport after dominating the game possession wise then got mugged. Highlights the other day two unmarked headers in box, very annoying. Unfortunately in this league we will get mugged regularly by teams putting eleven players behind the game line and looking for an set piece. I'm not moaning too much Lowe and Hallett knock Adams and Brent into a cocked hat but if we had a decent centre back pairing I honestly think we would piss this league.

Agree, but I reckon Ryan is on the case.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 2:14 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Vampires11 wrote:

Agree, but I reckon Ryan is on the case.
a chelsea mate of mine reckons he ain’t to bad that josh grant ain’t to bad but yeah not a big fan of the CB pairing if Im honest either
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 5:33 pm

Lowe must be super confident in our home form to have the players basically do a lap of honour after each game. It’s great while we are winning. It’d be a bit odd if someone gave us a tonking though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Don't worry Czarky honeymoons never last for ever.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:30 pm

The love in is reaching hero worship at the moment.lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth 15:00 Walsall   Plymouth 15:00 Walsall - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth 15:00 Walsall
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3