akagreengull
Jethro
Earwegoagain
RegGreen
Punchdrunk
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Wotton named as Truro Manager Empty
PostSubject: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 11:02 am

Immediately sets about trying to fit as many clichés into one interviews as possible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Erald wrote:
Truro City have announced Paul Wotton as their new manager on a two-year-deal.
The job is the former Plymouth Argyle man's first in football management after spending time as assistant boss under Derek Adams at Home Park.

Wotton was sacked by Pilgrims owner Simon Hallett, along with Adams, in April after a 5-1 defeat away to Accrington Stanley.

But he hasn't been out of the game for long and hasn't moved far from home.

Speaking of his new role, Wotton told Truro's official site said: "The infrastructure is getting bigger and better.
"The club is run in a vastly more professional way. I’m a professional person so the more good people you’ve got around you the better.

"I’m here to concentrate on the football.

Plymouth Argyle dismissed manager Derek Adams and his assistant Paul Wotton in April
"This is my first manager’s job so it’s exciting for me and a real positive step forward on my career path.
"It’s a club with a great tradition in non-league circles and I’m looking forward to getting started."
"The squad needs adding to but they’ve got to be the right player for Truro City Football Club.
"It’s important we sign the right player for the club. I’m not panicking on that, my priority is building the right squad.
"The fans are so, so important to the football club. I can guarantee them a team that will work their socks off every minute of every game for our club."
Wotton's appointment certainly adds spice to a couple of pre-season friendlies.
The Cornish side host Exeter City on Friday before welcoming Argyle on Tuesday 9 in what will be Ryan Lowe's first game as manager of the club.

I'd wish him well but I don't honestly have much good to say about him.

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 11:42 am

Guy’s an absolute tool and as for Truro it’s just nesting place for Argyles rejects and failures.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 12:08 pm

That’s them F#%Ked then
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 1:11 pm

I've heard all the shite about him and no he doesn't get my vote for nicest Argyle player ever but he was a great player for us, always gave his all and for that I wish him all the best. Let's hope he's learned from Adams how to not do man management.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 1:17 pm

looks a good fit to me, good luck to Wotty in his managerial career.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Jethro wrote:
Good luck to him.

......and good luck to Truro....they might need it.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Understandably he's a bit too old school for some of today's snowflakes ie if you get a bit mouthy you can expect to get pinned up against a wall.  Whether it's right or wrong, it is what it is and not acceptable by today's standards, standards which are totally lost.  Good luck Wottsy.

Edit to add... Looking at the best full-backs Paul Connolly came top. Wotts used to give him a torrid time on the pitch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 3:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I've heard all the shite about him and no he doesn't get my vote for nicest Argyle player ever but he was a great player for us, always gave his all and for that I wish him all the best. Let's hope he's learned from Adams how to not do man management.

it was Wotton that was the problem lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: I'm sure he was part of it but I actually bumped into two Argo players one now ex and both said they weren't going to bad mouth him but so pleased to have a change at the top. They very obviously weren't fans of his.   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 3:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Don't know why my reply went into the subject box?

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 3:52 pm

i appreciate what he did for us as a player Forever a Plymouth Argyle legend and our greatest captain but as a man he is one of the biggest dickheads i've ever meet.

Good luck to both Wotton and Truro none the less  it will be interesting to see how he does.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Not the players who downed tools? They're all culpable in equal measure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 7:00 pm

If Ben Purrington ever writes a memoir it will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Did he do a "Webby"?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Chris Zebrowski as his right hand man? I'll raise a glass to that!
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 am

How come he's a weapon then lads? Club legend so just interested is all.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 11:43 am

Best of luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 1:13 pm

I’ve been in his company with mutual acquaintances a couple times and he didn’t enamour himself to anyone. Very much in line with a lot of people’s opinions of him who know him.

I’ll be surprised if he does well enough at Truro to get noticed by a league club again. I see him as purely a touch line shouter. Screaming instructions at his players, most of whom probably wish he’d just stfu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wotton named as Truro Manager   Wotton named as Truro Manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Wotton named as Truro Manager
Page 1 of 1