AstiSpumante
Rickler
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

In the "News" today. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 10:13 am

I've never seen so many cars around the Newquay area. The Board masters event has brought the town to a standstill. Gridlocked for hours....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 10:57 am

On the news page they had a photo of Trevone beach near St Merrin at high tide it looked like Benidorm. Feck most of Cornwall in August.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Ben Stokes lol. Matey that he knocked out needs to go to specsavers not to have seen that coming. Spose not the sort of behaviour you want in a national sportsman if only he hits a ball like he does a chin hell do well. Nice to see them shake hands after the trial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 5:45 pm

These profiteers will stop at nothing so they can sell you substandard crap. Cutting coffee with soil was why the Co-op was invented all those years ago.

BBC today with their propaganda wrote:
The researchers attributed losses to strict government regulations, supermarkets' high standards as well as customer expectations of how produce should look. They also found that farmers contracted to supermarkets typically grew more food than they were obliged to supply, to allow for a proportion that would not be deemed fit to sell

Will this rigged press stop at nothing ?  I myself compost a third of the food I grow due to caterpillars, birds, and general mayhem. That's how growing food is ffs. I will cut out bugs from my own veg, I don't expect to do that when I pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 1:24 am

I think youre missing the point Bees. And you'll also eat the small carrots and potatoes. The supermarkets tell the farmers that the public only want potatoes and carrots of a certain size, the public then expect that after only buying uniform sized veg for a period of time. The sensible thing is to buy a packet/bag of veg of the whole crop divided up into say kilo sized portions. Caterpillars and bugs don't come into the equation they poison those fuckers.
Supermarkets are cnuts they are no friend of the farmer or of the consumer. We subsidise their shit under living wage pay (bar Lidls praise them) with top ups via working families tax credits whilst they insist on paying farmers les than the production price for milk and import Kenyan beans because they are cheaper than Beans from Linconshire. You may be a fan of global transport led consumerism but I'm not.
I bet you love Trump. clown
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 4:07 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
You may be a fan of global transport led consumerism but I'm not.
I bet you love Trump.  clown

After this quote...

beesrus wrote:

Will this rigged press stop at nothing ?  

I don't think that is in doubt.. "Rigged press" - 'Fake news' and all that...    Beezy doesn't realize it of course...  But the final line from the book 1984 is all about him...

"He loved Donald Trump".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 4:49 pm

I suspect you do.
Just like GM, we're just one step away from feeding the world. Yeah, ok Razz
The suppliers blaming the customer for not wanting to buy their crap and leftovers. You could't make it up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Well you just did (make it up or at the least assume) farmers waste millions of tons of food a year either from not fitting the profile wanted by the big four or by growing crops for supermarkets that are then not bought. It's all good wholesome food with no bugs or disease in sight.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Here just one article from this year theres plenty of info out there even in towns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 9:07 am

Anyone else fed up with the bleating of the woman blinded at the Ryder cup. Firstly I'm very sympathetic to her actual injury it's one of oh feck moments, one in a million shitty bit of luck why did it happen to me moments? She is now suing the Ryder Cup for not warning her that not all golf balls go in the feckin hole. How is it the fault of anybody else that you aren't paying attention to the game?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 10:49 am

She sees mucho euro.....through one eye obvs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Great news... the anti frackers ludicrously imprisoned for a year for peaceful demonstration are out. I was up at Totters on Saturday with hundreds of others protesting their incarceration. Every nano effort helps.
These politicians in the pockets of barons need to be careful, there are touchpapers everywhere these days. Nobody knows where it's going. They've just made a big mistake re fracking protests, we shall see.. There is huge latent opposition to fracking, even in the Tory country shires. There's plenty of daylight out there, my solar panels are ticking away somewhat, even today. Solar power brings "making hay while the sun shines" into actual tangible reality for city dwellers, other than coining it in some corporate office block. Alienation is bad for the soul.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am

The killing of the Turkish guy inside the Saudi Arabian embassy is frightening. They dismembered him alive then sent for some cleaners and then decorators to remove all trace. Its every bit as chilling as the Novichok thing as Saudi Arabia knows it is untouchable just like Russia. The scariest thing about it all for me was Trump's response that it must have been a group of rogue killers who somehow broke into the embassy and carried out the torture and murder without anybody from the embassy knowing. Its almost as if Trump might suffer financially if he condemns them or imposes sanctions on them. Fat blob of an American orangutan
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 11:49 am

He was a Saudi not a Turk.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 11:55 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Sorry my bad. He was in Turkey at the Saudi embassy wanting to get papers so he could get married.

Still horrendous and Trump is still a wanker. Saudi Arabia has far too much say in world events because of their vast wealth and the UK and US kiss their ass at every opportunity no matter what shit they get up to.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Sorry my bad. He was in Turkey at the Saudi embassy wanting to get papers so he could get married.

Still horrendous and Trump is still a wanker. Saudi Arabia has far too much say in world events because of their vast wealth and the UK and US kiss their ass at every opportunity no matter what shit they get up to.

Correct.
Trump is a legend.
It does seem that way.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 1:10 pm

This is an unpleasant incident carried out at the behest of an unpleasant regime from a country where brutality is the norm.

They murder hundreds/thousands of their own citizens every year on their own soil and technically the embassy in Turkey is their soil so in the grand scheme of things is it so shocking.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2018 7:46 pm

They’ll run out of oil one day. All the tippy-toeing will then stop. Then they’ll be ffucked.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2018 10:35 am

The main reason we never condemn them is that we supply them with all sorts of armaments including torture equipment banned by the Geneva convention. Products are more important than people's in this fecked up world. And that's not just the Tories Blair and Brown loved to have a rim under a Jerbola for a few trade deals. Everybody should be as outraged with our very own enabling politicians as the Saudi elite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2018 9:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Made me larf the other day as us and Trump both said it was a little too early for sanctions with Trump even saying "it will hurt us more than it will hurt them!" Where do you draw the line between profits made on selling guns and electrical torture machines and morals? It's a dillemma make no mistake.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Taken from Amnesty International on Iraq and ISIS.

"For years, weapons of war have been freely flowing into Iraq. Slack controls over Iraqi military stockpiles and endemic corruption by successive Iraqi governments have added to the problem.

When Islamic State (IS) took control of these areas, these weapons were theirs for the taking. These weapons, manufactured at least 25 countries, are now in the hands of ISIS and being used to commit horrific abuses, killings, rape, torture and abduction – and forced thousands to flee their homes.

‘Decades of free-flowing arms into Iraq meant that when IS took control of these areas, they were like children in a sweetshop.

‘The fact that countries including the UK have ended up inadvertently arming IS, should give us pause over current weapons deals.’

Oliver Sprague, Arms Programme Director at Amnesty"
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 2:21 pm

Iraq is an interesting place damned by its advantages.

Every now and then it is worth getting an atlas out and looking at simple dynamics due to geography because so much follows from it with Iraq being a good case in point.

I'm sure we're all aware that "Iraq" not that it existed as such then is basically the cradle of civilisation. It is there that our number systems were developed first which led to the oldest scientists and efficient traders.

And it is trade that lies at the heart of everything. Iraq sits betwixt Europe (just south of neighbouring Turkey), Asia (east of Iran) and Africa (south through Saudi/Jordan/israel). Admittedly it isn't alone here and other countries sit nearby but it has 2 major rivers, the Tigris and Euphrates, running through it. These give it access to continuous fresh water, fertile farmland and trade routes to the oceans through the Persian Gulf and Mediterranean. Iraq is The Special One.

Ignore the Americas and Australia (both unknown to the Akkadian, Sumerian, Assyrian and Babylonian empires when they were forging ahead) and Iraq sits at the centre of the known world as a land route and has access to everywhere via water too.

It is an incredibly privileged place. "Prime real estate" if you like.

Factor in the modern discovery of oil and all of the ingredients are there again, just as they always have been, for it to be an incredibly prosperous country.

Which is its curse too.

It is such a valuable target in terms of simple pillaging but also as a strategic asset that for centuries it has been invaded by wave after wave of foreign invader. Iraq's history is essentially the history of war.

When Iraq eventually came into creation it was as a result of an ill-considered carve-up between the UK and France who basically just drew lines on a map as best suited them with little recourse to the ethnicities of the people living there - there is no Kurdistan, for instance, which was a bit of a blunder.

So a country with little or no sense of nationality was created in a region packed with rivalling religions and philosophies that was bequeathed a host of legacy riches to fight over.

And so its history as a theatre for war continues but this time with ISIS as the latest aggressor.

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose" - Jean-Baptiste Karr.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Ive been watching the Beeb documentary on the Syrian lot, Bleddy bonkers everything everywhere innit.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 am

If that isn't a budget from a party expecting to have to fight a general election soon then I don't know what is. We will then have to look forward to another five or ten years of austerity then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the "News" today.   In the "News" today. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the "News" today.
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next