The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Latest Chairmans Chat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8571
Join date : 2011-10-23

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Brent leaves >>>>> Hallett then injects more capital investment into the club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10529
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Just a spooky coincidence.

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 pm

Still won't please everybody
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5126
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 5:11 am

Subtle little pop against the Brent.....

"I hope to be able to fulfil my promise of providing greater transparency into Argyle’s financial position.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 5990
Join date : 2014-03-30

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 10:11 am

Speaks well Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 870
Join date : 2012-01-24

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 1:19 pm

He's not really talking about pumping cash into the club as such is he, more that any extra funds he provides to cover losses will be secured (for him) against the issue of more shares. So when he sells the Club he's guaranteed to get all his money back, either because it's straightforward loans or is secured against shares. People need to remember that when shares are traded the money goes to the person selling the shares, not the club. So SH buying out Brent just means more money for the Brent pension fund.

It's not like the pre MaCauley days when Board members used to GIVE their money to the Club.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 10529
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 60
Location : @ sea or @home

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Still better than the Brent loan scenario.

_______________________________________
Inselaffe! FFS![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Religion is the root of a Evil,
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5588
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Grovehill wrote:
He's not really talking about pumping cash into the club as such is he, more that any extra funds he provides to cover losses will be secured (for him) against the issue of more shares. So when he sells the Club he's guaranteed to get all his money back, either because it's straightforward loans or is secured against shares. People need to remember that when shares are traded the money goes to the person selling the shares, not the club. So SH buying out Brent just means more money for the Brent pension fund.

It's not like the pre MaCauley days when Board members used  to GIVE their money to the Club.

Hallett's not guaranteed anything. He's only going to get his money back if someone is prepared to pay the same or more than what he paid for his shares. If the club falls on hard times again like it did a few years ago, that is unlikely. In fact.. If it falls on that hard of times again, he's not even going to get his loan back.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 870
Join date : 2012-01-24

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm

seadog wrote:
Still better than the Brent loan scenario.

IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5396
Join date : 2017-09-09

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Grovehill wrote:
seadog wrote:
Still better than the Brent loan scenario.

IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME

lol!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 870
Join date : 2012-01-24

Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
He's not really talking about pumping cash into the club as such is he, more that any extra funds he provides to cover losses will be secured (for him) against the issue of more shares. So when he sells the Club he's guaranteed to get all his money back, either because it's straightforward loans or is secured against shares. People need to remember that when shares are traded the money goes to the person selling the shares, not the club. So SH buying out Brent just means more money for the Brent pension fund.

It's not like the pre MaCauley days when Board members used  to GIVE their money to the Club.

Hallett's not guaranteed anything.  He's only going to get his money back if someone is prepared to pay the same or more than what he paid for his shares.  If the club falls on hard times again like it did a few years ago, that is unlikely.  In fact..  If it falls on that hard of times again, he's not even going to get his loan back.


Secured against the freehold, like Gardner and Co. did.


Just because Brent is out of the picture, don't assume that everyone else is a benevolent benefactor. We've been "had" before- the owner that never watched a game and the "I don't do failure" Chairman. I'm not saying that SH isn't a good guy (compared to some) just that no one is throwing money at the football club- at the property investment, yes. At the football team, no. We can hope though, that he will put some money into the team as a Championship club is a lot more saleable than one in the fourth division

On a similar theme, I saw something the other day about the projected uplift in income because of the new build being £1 million a year! WTF! I don't if any venue in the Westcountry is doing £20,000/week. People in cloud cuckoo land or just plain deluded? The gain is in the increase in the value of the property- like building an extension on your house, you only cash in when you sell out



Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Latest Chairmans Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Latest Chairmans Chat   Latest Chairmans Chat Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Latest Chairmans Chat
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: