The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali



Posts : 7005
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 42
Location : Plymouth

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Edwards signs for Blackpool-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Posts : 263
Join date : 2012-02-02

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 1:29 am

It's right though. This level of football is full of David Fox's and Ryan Edward's.

Graham Carey is a weird one. Playing the best part of 200 games and scoring almost 50 goals puts him in the right in the legend debate, anyone who stays here for four seasons and is in the top 100 for appearances deserves that as a minimum, but ultimately a sexy nutmeg thing against Portsmouth and some beautiful free kicks didn't amount to a great hill of beans unless you seriously believe the 2016/17 season was the greatest in the history of Argyle. Compared with David Friio who has very similar stats you'd have to say Friio is way more than that, he was pivotal in taking us up a couple of divisions. He scored vital goals in important games and, for that, he is rightly a legend. Carey leaves us almost exactly where he found us.

For me, I've long since come to the conclusion that Joe Kinnear was sort-of right and incredibly wrong when he called Graham Coughlan a Joe Soap centre half. These leagues are full of interchangeable defenders and midfielders that come and go and do a reasonable job for reasonable teams, the real managerial skill is blending those eleven players, finding a couple that feed off each other and make them both better for it, greater than the sum of the parts if you like (which is where the Luton boss was wrong – Coughlan and Wotton improved each other no end). That, even better if coupled with finding a diamond in the rough (c.f. a Sturrock wee nugget) makes ordinary teams promotion teams.

An American once said to me that lower league sport is like cheering for laundry and I kinda know what he means. I love Argyle for everything it's given me and I hope continues to give me, the highs and the lows, but the players now mean little to me. I've loved watching Lamieras, Carey and Ladapo in those moments where they've left opposition defenders in knots and on their arses but the rest I care not a shit about. They come and they go and they do a job, some good, some bad and some that left me going meh. They'll be another batch along next season and the season after that. Doing the same things but with different names. Once in a while the stars will align these names will burn brightly and propel us forward and they'll be the ones we remember and maybe even pass their tales of daring do down to the next generation.

So they can all move on, brief footnotes in our history. We've had almost 1100 players in over a century. Only a select few should deserve the legend status, many more should be remembered more than fondly. There's a few that deserve cult status for whatever reason we choose. I'll stake my claim to Paul McGregor on that one but that doesn't necessarily make him a legend.

Leave us higher than when you signed, take us on a cup run or just thrill us and give us belief and then, yes, you can be considered. Until then thanks for everything and good luck in your future career.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5536
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 1:57 am

Greenlander wrote:
It's right though. This level of football is full of David Fox's and Ryan Edward's.

Graham Carey is a weird one. Playing the best part of 200 games and scoring almost 50 goals puts him in the right in the legend debate, anyone who stays here for four seasons and is in the top 100 for appearances deserves that as a minimum, but ultimately a sexy nutmeg thing against Portsmouth and some beautiful free kicks didn't amount to a great hill of beans unless you seriously believe the 2016/17 season was the greatest in the history of Argyle. Compared with David Friio who has very similar stats you'd have to say Friio is way more than that, he was pivotal in taking us up a couple of divisions. He scored vital goals in important games and, for that, he is rightly a legend. Carey leaves us almost exactly where he found us.

For me, I've long since come to the conclusion that Joe Kinnear was sort-of right and incredibly wrong when he called Graham Coughlan a Joe Soap centre half. These leagues are full of interchangeable defenders and midfielders that come and go and do a reasonable job for reasonable teams, the real managerial skill is blending those eleven players, finding a couple that feed off each other and make them both better for it, greater than the sum of the parts if you like (which is where the Luton boss was wrong – Coughlan and Wotton improved each other no end). That, even better if coupled with finding a diamond in the rough (c.f. a Sturrock wee nugget) makes ordinary teams promotion teams.

An American once said to me that lower league sport is like cheering for laundry and I kinda know what he means. I love Argyle for everything it's given me and I hope continues to give me, the highs and the lows, but the players now mean little to me. I've loved watching Lamieras, Carey and Ladapo in those moments where they've left opposition defenders in knots and on their arses but the rest I care not a shit about. They come and they go and they do a job, some good, some bad and some that left me going meh. They'll be another batch along next season and the season after that. Doing the same things but with different names. Once in a while the stars will align these names will burn brightly and propel us forward and they'll be the ones we remember and maybe even pass their tales of daring do down to the next generation.

So they can all move on, brief footnotes in our history. We've had almost 1100 players in over a century. Only a select few should deserve the legend status, many more should be remembered more than fondly. There's a few that deserve cult status for whatever reason we choose. I'll stake my claim to Paul McGregor on that one but that doesn't necessarily make him a legend.

Leave us higher than when you signed, take us on a cup run or just thrill us and give us belief and then, yes, you can be considered. Until then thanks for everything and good luck in your future career.

   

Very nice post, Greenlander.

...but, you'll have to duel with me at dawn over Paul McGregor.  My favourite player after Mariner (my choice for legend).
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 4:04 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
All these players leaving isnt a bad thing imho.

The final pieces of stench from the Brent regime leaving the club. A little bit when I de flea my dog.

Hopefully when we start the season the club will be cleansed.

The one problem for Ryan Lowe is that a lot of that appalling defence are still under contract and its the defence that obviously relegated us.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 834
Join date : 2012-01-24

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Ross County, PAFC at their lowest then off abroad to a minor League. I think GC loves being a big fish in a small pond but lacks the balls or ambition to test himself at a higher level
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 9:18 am

Lowe fancies a deal for Nicky Maynard at BURY if can be arranged
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 9:33 am

Also the story the herald are running on lameiras resigning is based on a fake photoshopped tweet.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Cardiff City have reportedly agreed a deal to sign Oxford United defender Curtis Nelson.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 am

From twitter
Robbie Simpson formerly of Mk Dons and Exeter City, looks set to join Plymouth Argyle. The front man will pair up with Ryan Lowe and set to take the pilgrims back up to league 1

34 years old.....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5107
Join date : 2017-09-09

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 am

RYAN LOWES AGEING AND CHEAP BARMY ARMY! Anyone who thought that the £500k from Ladapo was going to be spent on the squad is living in cloud cuckoo land, that is of the club manage to sell our best chance at getting out of league 2 which they are obviously trying very hard to do. When he goes we will hear how we can't keep a player who doesn't want to he here whilst he reality is Hallett wants money to finish the mankover. You've got to laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:49 am

it is only rumours so could be bollocks
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5533
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:59 am

Jethro wrote:
From twitter
Robbie Simpson formerly of Mk Dons and Exeter City, looks set to join Plymouth Argyle. The front man will pair up with Ryan Lowe and set to take the pilgrims back up to league 1

34 years old.....

Deemed not good enough for Exeter 2 years ago, seems to average a goal every 10 games.

No thanks,
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Reported on twitter that Craig Noone is set to join Melbourne City.

Melbourne City FC has today announced English attacking midfielder and winger, Craig Noone has joined the Club on a two-year deal.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less



Posts : 52
Join date : 2018-10-25

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Jethro wrote:
From twitter
Robbie Simpson formerly of Mk Dons and Exeter City, looks set to join Plymouth Argyle. The front man will pair up with Ryan Lowe and set to take the pilgrims back up to league 1
34 years old.....


This has to be a joke....surely? Nice bloke, willing workhorse but slow, often injured and a goal scoring record that speaks for itself...
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Jethro wrote:
From twitter
Robbie Simpson formerly of Mk Dons and Exeter City, looks set to join Plymouth Argyle. The front man will pair up with Ryan Lowe and set to take the pilgrims back up to league 1
34 years old.....


This has to be a joke....surely? Nice bloke, willing workhorse but slow, often injured and a goal scoring record that speaks for itself...

Thanks for that, Hope it is a joke then, just taking stuff off twitter and else where and putting it here,
Back to top Go down
Grovehill



Posts : 834
Join date : 2012-01-24

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
RYAN LOWES AGEING AND CHEAP BARMY ARMY! Anyone who thought that the £500k from Ladapo was going to be spent on the squad is living in cloud cuckoo land, that is of the club manage to sell our best chance at getting out of league 2 which they are obviously trying very hard to do. When he goes we will hear how we can't keep a player who doesn't want to he here whilst he reality is Hallett wants money to finish the mankover. You've got to laugh.

Be fair, probably cost £200k to get Lowe and Schumaker in from Bury
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5107
Join date : 2017-09-09

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RYAN LOWES AGEING AND CHEAP BARMY ARMY! Anyone who thought that the £500k from Ladapo was going to be spent on the squad is living in cloud cuckoo land, that is of the club manage to sell our best chance at getting out of league 2 which they are obviously trying very hard to do. When he goes we will hear how we can't keep a player who doesn't want to he here whilst he reality is Hallett wants money to finish the mankover. You've got to laugh.

Be fair, probably cost £200k to get Lowe and Schumaker in from Bury

And about £2.5m for the mankover overspend. I do get why hes doing it I just wish Hallett was a bit more honest about it and the fans need to realise it and lower their expectations a bit. There are going to be a lot of frustrated fans at the start of the season mark my words.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 4784
Join date : 2011-05-12

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 9:27 pm

I did think we weren't shit enough to be relegated 2 seasons on the bounce.  I may have to revise that.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 2:55 pm

Blackpool have confirmed the signing of Jamie Devitt.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5533
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Jethro wrote:
Blackpool have confirmed the signing of Jamie Devitt.

Sigh... So a summer of if, buts and maybes .. " he wanted league 1 football/Accrington offered treble the money/wantd to be nearer his family/dodgy ankles" before the usual miserable troop of nobodies we;ve become accustomed to troop through the door.Then someone, either Graaiser or TTT will mention David Fox if anyone complains.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4064
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 54
Location : Plymouth

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Gee, over the road there there they are getting all hot and bothered about no news. They should relax and let actions take care of themselves.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:40 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Gee, over the road there there they are getting all hot and bothered about no news. They should relax and let actions take care of themselves.


I've said elsewhere, we are either waiting till first day of pre season/ end of players contracts elsewhere ala 30th june.

I'm concerned but I think we will be okay,
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Posts : 4064
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 54
Location : Plymouth

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 5:05 pm

Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Gee, over the road there there they are getting all hot and bothered about no news. They should relax and let actions take care of themselves.


I've said elsewhere, we are either waiting till first day of pre season/ end of players contracts elsewhere ala 30th june.

I'm concerned but I think we will be okay,


I am not concerned, Lowe will get players in eventually.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 6107
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 5:42 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jethro wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Gee, over the road there there they are getting all hot and bothered about no news. They should relax and let actions take care of themselves.


I've said elsewhere, we are either waiting till first day of pre season/ end of players contracts elsewhere ala 30th june.

I'm concerned but I think we will be okay,


I am not concerned, Lowe will get players in eventually.

Yeah just a tad concerned it hasn't happened yet, hope its more then one signing announced first of all.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 11072
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Young full-back Ryan Law has agreed a contract extension

Cameron Sangster signs on. After missing out through injury last season, the highly-rated midfielder is looking to make up for lost time.

Cornish defender Mike Peck has signed his first pro deal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,   Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours, - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Current ,Ex and possibly future Argyle players Transfer rumours,
Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: