akagreengull
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 10:50 am

They also discussed his only appearance at home park which resulted in a red card.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 am

Argyle have tweeted that he has signed a 3 year deal.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Lowe was just interviewed live on SSN, came across fairly well.

Said he came here because its a big club, great fanbase. The interviewer said he'd been called the "Jurgen Klopp of Devon" and Lowe said why can't his team play like a Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona, Ajax. Said it may take some time for his style to be implemented and to be patient.

Said he can't wait for the season to start, feels the squad is league one standard and shouldn't have got relegated. Has been speaking to some players about contracts, within the club and outside of the club and has had a lot of phone calls from players wanting to come to the club. Also said that the easy option would have been to stay in the NW, but wanted the challenge.

This could well be a weight around Lowes neck this season and fans need to be realistic. We already having farmers and leg shaggers waxing lyrical about how it's going to be so easy to attract players to the club because of the expansive, free scoring and attacking football which will be on display this season. We are looking, or should looking IMO, at a very large proportion of new players this season and they aren't suddenly going to turn into the Liverpool team because we want them to. Anything above mid table will be a good result and something to build on next year. Bit of optimism is good but some aspirations are pure wishful thinking we are where we are for a good reason and that's not because Del didn't like people scoring goals"
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 pm

After the bullshit under the dour scot,

Lowe is a real ray of sunshine, makes you want to look forward to see what he can do, actually look out for the Argyle score not dread each saturday and cold tuesday night away in some northern shitehole.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Am I the only one who's concerned about the length of his deal? (3 years)
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Bob Crow wrote:

Why....is it too short ?......needs that length of time to give him a little security.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 pm

Patience is essential whilst we wait for him to eradicate the Adams way from the club and team.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Just watching Ryan now on Spotlight, seems like an affable normal guy compared to the dour one, just one point he did say he had a good squad already, and just need a "few more players" and that SH had given him a "competitive budget".
Mmmm, just playing it safe I think.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 6:58 pm

Some of the questions from janners ffs Embarassed
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Some of the questions from janners ffs Embarassed

"who is your favourite Spice girl?"

laugh
Looking at the look of incredulity on Ryan's face, I reckon he was thinking - dim feckers.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:04 pm

Is there a link to this interview?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Could have asked him the nornal Scouse question who's your favourite Beatle
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:28 pm

Got this one from yesterday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 pm

how about this ?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 9:15 pm

zyph wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

Why....is it too short ?......needs that length of time to give him a little security.

Just if it goes belly up the 1st season, then it's going to cost SH another odd £250k to remunerate him out of his contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Bob Crow wrote:

im not its longer than i first thought tbf i was dreading hearing he was on a 12 month rolling. 3 years is standard length, just so aslong as we are covered incase he is tempted to move on in his last year im happy with that.

His press conference was cliche as expected said all the things you'd expect im more interesting in actions than words in anycase.
now the introductions are over and out of the way im really looking for to the start of the season under his management. Lets see who he brings in Smile
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Just watching Ryan now on Spotlight, seems like an affable normal guy compared to the dour one, just one point he did say he had a good squad already, and just need a "few more players" and that SH had given him a "competitive budget".
after what silents payed to get John Paul George and ringo and the rest of his staff ..i expect more austerity regarding the playing budget by the sounds of it ?
Well silent was quoted as saying he would be running it along the same lines as jimmy did regarding playing budget ...but will soon see the quality of players he does get in to answer that question
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 am

RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

after what silents payed to get John Paul George and ringo and the rest of his staff ..i expect more austerity regarding the playing budget by the sounds of it ?

Well silent was quoted as saying he would be running it along the same lines as jimmy did regarding playing budget ...but will soon see the quality of players he does get in to answer that question

So "competitive" equals "austerity" in your book does it?

.and since silents (sic) is quoted as running it (the budget) along the same lines as Jimmy - can you remind me of what those lines are?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 am

The way I would look at it would be SH said he would run it along the lines as Brent did, not the same as Brent.
So I hope he means there will be modest amount of extra money going towards the playing budget but won't be going hell for leather for promotion, keeping it firmly within sensible boundaries.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 12:21 am

Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

.and since silents (sic) is quoted as running it (the budget) along the same lines as Jimmy - can you remind me of what those lines are?
well were soon see won’t we ..see you still very protective to the silent one I see spose it comes with being his head jamboy anyway goodnite from this side of the pond
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 am

Angry wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:

im not its longer than i first thought tbf i was dreading hearing he was on a 12 month rolling. 3 years is standard length, just so aslong as we are covered incase he is tempted to move on in his last year im happy with that.

His press conference was cliche as expected said all the things you'd expect im more interesting in actions than words in anycase.
now the introductions are over and out of the way im really looking for to the start of the season under his management. Lets see who he brings in Smile

On a grand scheme of things then I suppose 3 year deals are standard. My only concern is like I alluded if things went belly up in the 1st season then it would cost in the region of a quarter of a million sheets to part company. I'm not suggesting a 1 year deal either, think a 3 year deal would be more acceptable if it had clauses in it, for instance year two triggers as long as a very minimal target is met and year three and so on.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 2:07 am

RegGreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

well were soon see won’t we ..see you still very protective to the silent one I see spose it comes with being his head jamboy anyway goodnite from this side of the pond

Sleep well, you can never get enough beauty sleep.

So asking somebody to clarify something is being protective of someone else?

Simon Hallett will be judged by people on what he does or doesn't do. Nothing I say is going to make the slightest bit of difference - anyway, where have I been "protective" of him?

As for being a jamboy? Jamboys get jam. What jam have I gotten?

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 am

I think the Lowe interviews yesterday were positive in the way he conducted himself, even if the SH playing budget is uncompetetive I wouldn't expect Lowe to say that in his first media appearance. He does look and sound very confident.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 2:23 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I think the Lowe interviews yesterday were positive in the way he conducted himself, even if the SH playing budget is uncompetetive I wouldn't expect Lowe to say that in his first media appearance. He does look and sound very confident.

You wouldn't think that judged by some of the comments else where . Lowe has barely picked up the keys to the club and his flat and the doubts and attacks are already coming.

He's got to clean up Adams mess before the real work starts, the possible cancelling of the dutch tour is a good thing for one.

Needs to work out which of the players still here he can use, Dyson might actually get a chance etc.

Give the guy a chance to stamp his brand on the club ,
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 5:00 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Lowes stock must be pretty high at the moment. You think Lowe would even contemplate coming here if the budget wasn't at least "competitive"?

He'd be a fool.  You think he looks like a fool?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next