The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2276
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:18 am

Time to look forward and if it’s Lowe let’s just back him and move on.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2276
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:20 am

Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 11810
Join date : 2013-08-16

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:27 am

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity

not the actions of a guy about to walk out is it?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5665
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:56 am

Well if its not today he's announced won't be till tuesday will it
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2276
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 11:01 am

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity

not the actions of a guy about to walk out is it?

I don’t think we should kid ourselves that if Bury FC weren’t in such a financial meltdown Lowe would not be looking in our direction or any other direction, he’d be planning for L1 with them, not L2 with us, however he and no doubt some of the Bury players have to have a reality check and will move on with some regret, but move on they will and their loyalties will then lay elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5380
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 11:09 am

He was about to be announced last week having agreed in principle but then seemed to change his mind. I can only imagine that was a result of a potential buy out at Bury or that there might be a vacancy at Lincoln very shortly, if Danny Cowley gets either the WBA or Boro job. With neither looking like happening any time soon he's cashed in his chips.

It doesn't say to me he particularly wants this job or that he'll be here for long.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 11810
Join date : 2013-08-16

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 11:37 am

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity

not the actions of a guy about to walk out is it?

I don’t think we should kid ourselves that if Bury FC weren’t in such a financial meltdown Lowe would not be looking in our direction or any other direction, he’d be planning for L1 with them, not L2 with us, however he and no doubt some of the Bury players have to have a reality check and will move on with some regret, but move on they will and their loyalties will then lay elsewhere.

i dont disagree with you, you are of course right here. The reputation of the club is at stake and if we are being played by Lowe as some sort of backup plan or bargaining chip to pressure the owner of bury to sell up or lose him an his players  then good manager and the right choice or no we need to make as stand as a professional football club and tell him straight you have had several weeks to consider you can either accept our offer now or we withdraw it and look elsewhere which if Hallet does that i cant say i would blame him.

the longer we hold out for Lowe for him to reject the offer to stay at Bury or go elsewhere we will look even more amateur and likely to piss off the fans more so and when its been so public would any of the other candidates want to still take the job knowing they are either second or third choice.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5665
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 12:29 pm

The rumour and conjecture is getting stupid now,
Yesterday snuck into the club disguised as a contractor,

Today the herald come out with

There has been plenty of speculation that Bury manager Ryan Lowe is edging closer to agreeing a deal to become new Plymouth Argyle boss.

The 40-year-old has been favourites with bookmakers for weeks and it is believed that he was down in Plymouth on Thursday.

Now, one eagle-eyed member of the Green Army has spotted the biggest hint yet that the announcement is edging closer.

The Pilgrims head of communications Jon Back has started following Lowe on Twitter, which might seem a tenuous link.

But there have been many officials at clubs in the past that started following players a short time before announcements were made.

Things at crisis club Bury have escalated in recent days, starting with a player statement released by Nicky Adams.

Adams claimed that the players have not been paid for 12 weeks and then in an interview said the powers that be were treating them like s*** .

Bury Chairman Steven Dale hit back with a statement of his own released on their official website .

Part of that statement said: "I hear all this rubbish about not being paid for months, that’s what it is RUBBISH.

"Wages have been paid every month in increments as we could (given our Bank is frozen) its all lies/propaganda being spread to cause unrest by certain people and I’m told who peddle it now on the radio, if the work I have been doing finalises by Fri/Tue all staff will be paid in full with NOTHING outstanding or owed, then our HR company can carry out what’s been needed months ago.

"So to those who the cap fits, enjoy your fame for the small window you have but be careful what you say as our lawyers are ready and indeed other employers are watching your unprofessional untruthful actions.

"Finally I think it disgraceful that people who have been paid monthly have set up food banks, these were created for people in desperate need not to further propaganda you should be ashamed."

Gotta get them clicks in,
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5380
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 12:38 pm

The only bit of "news" there is Bungo is following Ryan Lowe on twitter. Extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5665
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Been across the road
quick check the ip address piss stains

PutneyPete

At the London Branch meeting with Simon Hallett, I asked the question ' Is it a deal breaker IF a potential new manager does not live in Plymouth?'

Simon answered
He had been surprised by how many football managers did not completely relocate.
Also, it depends what you mean by living in Plymouth. If the new manager would 'live' down in Plymouth 6 days a week, travel on the team coach with the players, and then spend a day, for example, with his young family who are based elsewhere - that would be acceptable.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3466
Join date : 2015-07-08

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 12:56 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The only bit of "news" there is Bungo is following Ryan Lowe on twitter. Extraordinary.
proberly means it’s nailed on then Hugh as his the dick that sorts the contracts out being club secretary
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5380
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Zac Newton is club sec but I would think it would be either Andrew Parkinson or the bloke who's signings relegated Swansea who handle that side of things.

Bungos job is head of redevelopment, he was club secretary and then head of operations but was utterly shit at both.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less



Posts : 46
Join date : 2018-10-25

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:44 pm

At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious this whole process has taken an inordinate amount of time with decision making seemingly no better than it was when the decision to get rid of Derek Adams was made. It must also be having a detrimental effect on those players who are still in contract. Of course there will be a large number of players from Clubs at all levels that are out of contract next week, but most clubs will have already looked at those that they might want to sign. Regrettably Argyle don't seem to be in that position and look likely to be chasing the best of the rest. I hope for the supporters sake that a decision is forthcoming in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3466
Join date : 2015-07-08

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 1:44 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Zac Newton is club sec but I would think it would be either Andrew Parkinson or the bloke who's signings relegated Swansea who handle that side of things.

Bungos job is head of redevelopment, he was club secretary and then head of operations but was utterly shit at both.
lol! your right there Hugh lost track a bit there they keep changing his job title every 5mins For some bollox or another
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5380
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Zac Newton is club sec but I would think it would be either Andrew Parkinson or the bloke who's signings relegated Swansea who handle that side of things.

Bungos job is head of redevelopment, he was club secretary and then head of operations but was utterly shit at both.
lol! your right there Hugh lost track a bit there they keep changing his job title every 5mins For some bollox or another

Anything that allows him to mince about looking important but doesn't actually involve him doing anything.

I reckon a lesson was learnt after the McHugh screw up.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5143
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Only just over two months to go to the start of the new season and the Comedy Club have yet to sort out a manager ffs! It looks like the Bury Klopp will only take the job if he cant get fook all else.
If he wont sign up today get a proper manager with a track record rather than some over rated progresive whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 11810
Join date : 2013-08-16

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:18 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Zac Newton is club sec but I would think it would be either Andrew Parkinson or the bloke who's signings relegated Swansea who handle that side of things.

Bungos job is head of redevelopment, he was club secretary and then head of operations but was utterly shit at both.
lol! your right there Hugh lost track a bit there they keep changing his job title every 5mins For some bollox or another

Anything that allows him to mince about looking important but doesn't actually involve him doing anything.

I reckon a lesson was learnt after the McHugh screw up.

ryan is following him back  means nothin again.


Last edited by Angry on Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5665
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:34 pm

Just wish we would get the feck on with it, instead of this bullshit
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2276
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity

not the actions of a guy about to walk out is it?

I don’t think we should kid ourselves that if Bury FC weren’t in such a financial meltdown Lowe would not be looking in our direction or any other direction, he’d be planning for L1 with them, not L2 with us, however he and no doubt some of the Bury players have to have a reality check and will move on with some regret, but move on they will and their loyalties will then lay elsewhere.

i dont disagree with you, you are of course right here. The reputation of the club is at stake and if we are being played by Lowe as some sort of backup plan or bargaining chip to pressure the owner of bury to sell up or lose him an his players  then good manager and the right choice or no we need to make as stand as a professional football club and tell him straight you have had several weeks to consider you can either accept our offer now or we withdraw it and look elsewhere which if Hallet does that i cant say i would blame him.

the longer we hold out for Lowe for him to reject the offer to stay at Bury or go elsewhere we will look even more amateur and likely to piss off the fans more so and when its been so public would any of the other candidates want to still take the job knowing they are either second or third choice.

If that’s what Lowe’s is doing then he’s prevaricated enough and we should be showing him the door - if that’s what he’s doing, it’s all conjecture at the moment as we all appear to be responding to social media reporting, strangely enough there’s nothing coming from the club and the erald are doing their usual crap, some of their reporting this week has been spectacularly poor.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2016-02-18

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 5:51 pm

Jethro wrote:
Just wish we would get the feck on with it, instead of this bullshit

Standard innit
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 11810
Join date : 2013-08-16

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 7:10 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity

not the actions of a guy about to walk out is it?

I don’t think we should kid ourselves that if Bury FC weren’t in such a financial meltdown Lowe would not be looking in our direction or any other direction, he’d be planning for L1 with them, not L2 with us, however he and no doubt some of the Bury players have to have a reality check and will move on with some regret, but move on they will and their loyalties will then lay elsewhere.

i dont disagree with you, you are of course right here. The reputation of the club is at stake and if we are being played by Lowe as some sort of backup plan or bargaining chip to pressure the owner of bury to sell up or lose him an his players  then good manager and the right choice or no we need to make as stand as a professional football club and tell him straight you have had several weeks to consider you can either accept our offer now or we withdraw it and look elsewhere which if Hallet does that i cant say i would blame him.

the longer we hold out for Lowe for him to reject the offer to stay at Bury or go elsewhere we will look even more amateur and likely to piss off the fans more so and when its been so public would any of the other candidates want to still take the job knowing they are either second or third choice.

If that’s what Lowe’s is doing then he’s prevaricated enough and we should be showing him the door - if that’s what he’s doing, it’s all conjecture at the moment as we all appear to be responding to social media reporting, strangely enough there’s nothing coming from the club and the erald are doing their usual crap, some of their reporting this week has been spectacularly poor.

Chris Errington is on holiday so the work experience guys are running wild.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2276
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
If Lowe is on the verge of joining us any day/week/month/year does it strike anyone else as strange he is still liking and retweeting bury fc related posts on twitter including one this morning?

Why wouldn’t he, can’t just ignore where he’s come from and what he achieved through all the financial adversity

not the actions of a guy about to walk out is it?

I don’t think we should kid ourselves that if Bury FC weren’t in such a financial meltdown Lowe would not be looking in our direction or any other direction, he’d be planning for L1 with them, not L2 with us, however he and no doubt some of the Bury players have to have a reality check and will move on with some regret, but move on they will and their loyalties will then lay elsewhere.

i dont disagree with you, you are of course right here. The reputation of the club is at stake and if we are being played by Lowe as some sort of backup plan or bargaining chip to pressure the owner of bury to sell up or lose him an his players  then good manager and the right choice or no we need to make as stand as a professional football club and tell him straight you have had several weeks to consider you can either accept our offer now or we withdraw it and look elsewhere which if Hallet does that i cant say i would blame him.

the longer we hold out for Lowe for him to reject the offer to stay at Bury or go elsewhere we will look even more amateur and likely to piss off the fans more so and when its been so public would any of the other candidates want to still take the job knowing they are either second or third choice.

If that’s what Lowe’s is doing then he’s prevaricated enough and we should be showing him the door - if that’s what he’s doing, it’s all conjecture at the moment as we all appear to be responding to social media reporting, strangely enough there’s nothing coming from the club and the erald are doing their usual crap, some of their reporting this week has been spectacularly poor.

Chris Errington is on holiday so the work experience guys are running wild.

Wondered why his twitter feed was lagging behind.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

Posts : 840
Join date : 2013-04-02
Location : Down West

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 10:45 pm

At this rate we will start the next season without a manager, a bare squad and be relegated before Christmas
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4581
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptySat May 25, 2019 6:32 am

Simon Hallett is increasingly becoming more inept than Brent and that takes some doing. To date hes clearly colluded with the hapless Brent for 2 years, lent £6 million but at higher than commercial interest rates, got himself relegated at the first attempt and now appears to be chasing some guy from Bury who appears less than committed to the club with wild claims hes walking around as a building contractor.

Spectacular Hallett just spectacular.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5276
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 62
Location : Mutant Abbot

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 EmptySat May 25, 2019 7:16 am

It's Argo innit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle
Back to top 
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: