Jethro
akagreengull
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Bury boss Ryan Lowe has been given permission to talk to Plymouth Argyle about their managerial vacancy, according to BBC Radio Manchester.

Lowe led Bury to League Two promotion this season as runners-up to Lincoln City amid a background of financial turmoil off the pitch, which included him, his staff and players not being paid.

The 40-year-old has now emerged as one of the leading contenders for the Home Park role.

Argyle chairman Simon Hallett has told Plymouth Live that he and his board of directors are seeking a 'modern, forward-thinking' manager, and Lowe fits that criteria.

Bury finished the 2018/19 campaign as the top scorers in League Two with 82 goals from 46 games.

Lowe met Argyle officials in Plymouth last Thursday and it now appears he has been given formal permission by Bury to interview for the Argyle vacancy.

On Monday night he was part of Sky Sports' coverage of the League Two play-off semi-final second leg between Forest Green Rovers and Tranmere Rovers.

Plymouth Live understands Argyle will carry out interviews either side of this weekend, with the aim of making an appointment towards the end of May.

Lowe was the 3/1 joint second favourite for the Pilgrims' managerial vacancy with Sky Bet early on Tuesday morning.

(source Brent's Herald)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Let's not rush this eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 2:09 pm

Amazing how betting odds are held up to be a reliable yardstick by which to measure outcomes. All it means is someone is following betting patterns and who knew the average Janner is lumping on Holloway.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 2:17 pm

In real terms this procrastination will cost the club tens of thousands in revenue from people abandoning their season tickets. I won’t be renewing mine. The club aren’t giving me any incentive whatsoever to do so. If the 22nd May £395 deadline passes with no appointment and no statement of intent then they can do one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm

The joys of the absent owner.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Being given permission to talk by the potential managers current club usually means they will get the job
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 4:10 pm

I’m not sure Bury could really object. Lowe and all his players are soon to be ( if they aren’t already) free agents as they haven’t been paid. Breach of contract etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 4:21 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Being given permission to talk by the potential managers current club usually means they will get the job

Yeah usually means its virtually all done and dusted, although i was told an interesting story about Argyle and asking for permission to talk to a manager, which goes some way to explaining how useless and out of his depth Stapleton was. When Luggy left Argyle high and dry in 2004 a few games before securing promotion, Argyle actually asked Walsall for permission to speak to Colin Lee, not knowing that that the term actually meant, "we've already met, discussed terms in a little chef car park, he's not committed to you so how much would it cost to buy him out of his contract". Ended up with Lee getting the sack and the LMA had to intervene. Well done Stapes lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 4:28 pm

alot better then some of the other options
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Race to the bottom continues. The season tickets will simply fly out. Desperate utterly desperate
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Race to the bottom continues. The season tickets will simply fly out. Desperate utterly desperate

Manager who has already got promotion from league 2 playing attacking football and who has had compliments from great managers like Klopp about his style. I'd say that isn't a bad appointment if it happens.

Holloway not quite so nailed on after all.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:32 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Manager who has already got promotion from league 2 playing attacking football and who has had compliments from great managers like Klopp about his style. I'd say that isn't a bad appointment if it happens.

Whatever happens he'll find it a lot more difficult to recruit (and retain) the sort of players that he's managed to pick up to build the Bury promotion team, not least because Plymouth isn't anywhere near Manchester. Despite the fact that Bury (together with several other FL clubs) are potential basket cases there is a pool of talent in the area that requires long term planning to replicate. Are Argyle fans going to be patient enough to suffer short term pain for long term gain? Unless there is long-term planning (or another myopic sugar daddy) whoever is recruited, whatever their pedigree ,would seem to have a long hard uphill struggle.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 5:33 pm

More like the like simple si jim & the Board like his potential working with F#%K all of a budget !
We want a modern forward thinking manager!!
Yeah my arse lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Come on down Ryan!!
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 6:30 pm

Has he got a youngish family? If so I hope he moves them down with him rather than shooting back up north at every opportunity. A quick tour of the local beaches and a visit to Dartmoor might pay dividends.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Manager of the year in league 2
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyTue May 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Manager of the year in league 2
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 4:46 am

RegGreen wrote:
More like the like simple si jim & the Board like his potential working with F#%K all of a budget !
We want a modern forward thinking manager!!
Yeah my arse lol

Which is why Holloway refused the gig after a derisory contract offer was on the table. We needed a biggish name to get some excitement back into the club the perfect appointment was available but we've gone for the cheap shit option.

Edited hang on where does it say Ryan Lowe is the new manager not even Pasoti are carrying that ?? Or not at time of post nor the Argyle official site
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:01 am

Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

he never was i bet.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 8:59 am

Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

he never was i bet.

Glad about that. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 9:26 am

akagreengull wrote:
Angry wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

he never was i bet.

Glad about that. geek

I wanted Hurst but that boats sailed away but Lowe has alot of promise and potential and could do great things here all going to plan and unlike Ollie not likely to bankrupt us with his demands and wages that wouldnt be out of place for team pushing for the premiership while in the championship right now thats not on our radar at this moment so he would be at a lost. Plus his plebb like speeches would do my head in week in week out lol
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 9:32 am

Fingers crossed, this could be an excellent chance of getting out the basement in one go. First, second or third I couldn't care less just get us out Smile
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 9:52 am

If this Lowe fella is man be very intresting if they back him financial or give him a jimmy style budget
As silent si said in Jim’s hearald and I quote we are looking for a modern forward thinking manager well only works if the board are modern thinking as well si
So we’re just have see if it’s just words out he does get the financial backing we do need to get out of dogshit L2 or we could we be conference bound otherwise
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Over the road there they have a tweet from a chap called Alan Nixon, apparently he is a journalist who gets football stories correct before they happen, as quoted by one of the sites posters.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle EmptyWed May 15, 2019 2:31 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Over the road there they have a tweet from a chap called Alan Nixon, apparently he is a journalist who gets football stories correct before they happen, as quoted by one of the sites posters.

well what did it say? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle   Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowe Given Permission to talk to Argyle
Page 1 of 22Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next