Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?

Go down 
+20
Elias
Bob Crow
tigertony
Punchdrunk
Czarcasm
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
jabba the gut ecfc
PatDunne
Big Robby
akagreengull
harvetheslayer
argyl3
Grovehill
sufferedsince 68
Mook
Yea Man
Rickler
Earwegoagain
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? Empty
PostSubject: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:04 pm

My guess would be that we are absolutely potless broke. I've been alluding to it all season with the pace of the mankover. To anyone in business it would make perfect sense, grandstand budget has by Halletts own admission escalated, more money needs to be found but only in stage payments as and when each stage is completed, slow the build up and you slow the cash drain up. Now all of a sudden we find ourselves down a league with the immediate loss of over £400k from the football league plus season tickets will inevitably take a big hit. We maybe £1m or even more down on next seasons budget, just have had to pay Adams and Wotton off and so it goes on.
The next really odd thing is that we seem to have someone managing the first team, issuing the retained list, releasing players, not the actions of a club just about to sign one of the many applicants for the post. Just such dithering as we have seen for the past three summers in fact.
Lastly but not leastly you have rumours around on social media that the club has run out of money, this next post from Furher Newell just adds fuel to the fire IMO.

"There's a problem here isn't there?

Someone who has tried to continue a rumour or hearsay has bottled out (thankfully). People will now try to pressure him or discuss this further.

Be careful, very careful what is said or suggested next.

Best just to leave it or PM each other. There are a few Argyle employees who read this site regularly and the poo will hit the fan if something is said which is potentially libellous.

It simply isn't worth the hassle people."

Something stinks and it ain't just mouldy bacon.

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi Mikkle, on the golf course or just at home engaged in your usual online stalking of Argyle fans? salute
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Why do you think there is a hold up? What do you know about what's going on?
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:51 pm

I thought Holloway was a dead cert lol!

Followed by Coughlan according to another nutjob on free chat.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:52 pm

The hold up being we wont pay what they want I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 4:00 pm

Fair do's
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hi Mikkle, on the golf course or just at home engaged in your usual online stalking of Argyle fans? salute
lol! lol! lol! lol! The Plympton Peeper is in da ATD bushes! cheers cheers cheers cheers ps Nool, my nan wants her pants back! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 5:21 pm

We will end up with a cheap shit progressive non manager, my revised prediction for next season has shifted from an optomistic twelve place to a realistic eighteenth place in this league of shame.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Rickler wrote:
Why do you think there is a hold up?  What do you know about what's going on?

I know feck all same as you just thinking out loud about why other clubs are appointing managers and we aren't. Also we do seem to have fiddled whilst Rome burnt before in fact it's becoming a bit of a theme. I've outlined already why I think cash flow has and is going to be a problem and for a long time I've thought that something isn't right at the club. Plus I can smell Nools fear.
Ps. If using the Herald as a source please cut and paste or else most people won't bother clicking on the bait ridden site and miss the point you are trying to make.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I know feck all same as you just thinking out loud about why other clubs are appointing managers and we aren't. Also we do seem to have fiddled whilst Rome burnt before in fact it's becoming a bit of a theme. I've outlined already why I think cash flow has and is going to be a problem and for a long time I've thought that something isn't right at the club. Plus I can smell Nools fear.
Ps. If using the Herald as a source please cut and paste or else most people won't bother clicking on the bait ridden site and miss the point you are trying to make.

I couldn't care less whether people click on the link or not. Get yourself an ad blocker if you don't like the clickbait...

..and just because you know fuckall don't presume everybody else doesn't.  Hint..  Don't believe absurd rumours...
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Why the hurry? Id rather the Club interviewed the best of the candidates, asking searching questions and if necessary get the best 2 back for another interview. Seems like some on here want the club to hire the first guy who expresses an interest then they can spend the next two years moaning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Why the hurry? Id rather the Club interviewed the best of the candidates, asking searching questions and if necessary get the best 2 back for another interview. Seems like some on here want the club to hire the first guy who expresses an interest then they can spend the next two years moaning!

We need a bit of both, there is too much work to be done not to want someone in place soon as posible and with other clubs looking for managers we cant stand still too long while the good ones are all snapped up before we act.
With that said the new manager has to be the right one, so we do need to tread carefully as we dont want to stay in league two. The new guy will need to build a squad on his budget which i hope is good one and get us playing winning football that can get us promoted hopefully as champions this time around.

We have missed out on Clarke and no doubt Hurst is off to scunthorpe, coughlan isnt coming as rovers wont let him go, lowe never in a month of sundays and Holloway isnt going to do jack here but give media soundbites and chris plebb style speeches he isnt suited to the job in hand here and he would want too much in terms of wages and big budgets.

So the search continues.

Last edited by Angry on Fri May 10, 2019 11:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:21 pm

I can imagine the interview being two questions

1. Are you cheap?
2. Can you work miracles with no money?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Whilst we have no manager other clubs are signing up players. Mind you we did his whilst we had a manager. It's almost as though the club is caught by surprise. Maybe the board should read ATD?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:44 pm

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:

I couldn't care less whether people click on the link or not. Get yourself an ad blocker if you don't like the clickbait...

..and just because you know fuckall don't presume everybody else doesn't.  Hint..  Don't believe absurd rumours...

Fook me but you don't half get defensive on Si's behalf don't you?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 6:04 am

Cash as ears alludes to in OP is the problem. Holloway wanted bundles of it but why should he do it cheap anyway.
We're potless down £1m because of relegation and Hallett has to dig deep from his own money to remedy the situation
On a slightly better note it appears Argyle only dropped £18,000 to the original cladding company in advance payments not the 6 six figure sum touted. Still though that £18k to be refound from somewhere

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 7:44 am

I cant help thinking, reading these posts - 'and we thought this season was shit!'
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 9:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Nice try. You're Beezy mk ll. Feck all to do with SH and a 100% to do with you and your habit of stating rumours as fact. You're getting as bad as that moron Harve...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 9:42 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Nice try.  You're Beezy mk ll.  Feck all to do with SH and a 100% to do with you and your habit of stating rumours as fact.  You're getting as bad as that moron Harve...

Where have I mentioned facts I'm pretty sure that I've stated I'm just thinking aloud and I know feck all more than anyone else. In fact I started the Op with "my guess is". Just using the forum for which it's intended I suggest you re read the post again and stop being so defensive of your lunch buddy very Nool like behaviour, he's the boss, he's going to get commented on in dispatches.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 9:56 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Nice try.  You're Beezy mk ll.  Feck all to do with SH and a 100% to do with you and your habit of stating rumours as fact.  You're getting as bad as that moron Harve...

Where have I mentioned facts I'm pretty sure that I've stated I'm just thinking aloud and I know feck all more than anyone else. In fact I started the Op with "my guess is". Just using the forum for which it's intended I suggest you re read the post again and stop being so defensive of your lunch buddy very Nool like behaviour, he's the boss, he's going to get commented on in dispatches.

Are you for real?  The headline states there IS a hold up.  You then go on to speculate as to why that might be.  You don't even know what you're writing...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:17 am

Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Are you for real?  The headline states there IS a hold up.  You then go on to speculate as to why that might be.  You don't even know what you're writing...

No it asks "why the hold up" the hold up being judged by teams like Wasall and Scunthorpe appointing a manager before we do. You seem to believe there is no hold up and everything is fine now, I personally think you are judging Hallett by his demeanour over a lunch date I'm judging him on his year as chairman and his seeming inability to act decisively. Maybe if we appoint a manager today or tomorrow or even Monday then you can crow all you like, or you could if you'd actually posted an opinion rather than attacking my opinion or the fact that I posted it.
I said a year ago I'd give Hallett the benefit of the doubt after a year I'm far from convinced he's much better than Brent, I'd love him to prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:21 am

There you go I've even amended the title so that no one gets confused, if you're clever you could point it out to Si and take the credit.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:30 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
My guess would be that we are absolutely potless broke. I've been alluding to it all season with the pace of the mankover. To anyone in business it would make perfect sense, grandstand budget has by Halletts own admission escalated, more money needs to be found but only in stage payments as and when each stage is completed, slow the build up and you slow the cash drain up. Now all of a sudden we find ourselves down a league with the immediate loss of over £400k from the football league plus season tickets will inevitably take a big hit. We maybe £1m or even more down on next seasons budget, just have had to pay Adams and Wotton off and so it goes on.
The next really odd thing is that we seem to have someone managing the first team, issuing the retained list, releasing players, not the actions of a club just about to sign one of the many applicants for the post. Just such dithering as we have seen for the past three summers in fact.
Lastly but not leastly you have rumours around on social media that the club has run out of money, this next post from Furher Newell just adds fuel to the fire IMO.

Someone who has tried to continue a rumour or hearsay has bottled out (thankfully). People will now try to pressure him or discuss this further.

Best just to leave it or PM each other. There are a few Argyle employees who read this site regularly and the poo will hit the fan if something is said which is potentially libellous.

That bit from IJN was when somebody earlier in the thread implied that Adams and Wotton had been sacked due to gross misconduct or something like that which meant they did not get paid off and it seemed like a pretty sensible warning to give to stop people posting the kind of drivel Harvetheslayer posts as fact on here on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? EmptySat May 11, 2019 10:43 am

Big Robby wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That bit from IJN was when somebody earlier in the thread implied that Adams and Wotton had been sacked due to gross misconduct or something like that which meant they did not get paid off and it seemed like a pretty sensible warning to give to stop people posting the kind of drivel Harvetheslayer posts as fact on here on a daily basis.

That's not something I'd heard. As for Harve he's Harve feck all to do with me what he posts or not. My thoughts outlined above are just that, my thoughts. It's a discussion forum FFS not pasoti despite now having a friend of the chairman doing a Nool like job in attacking the poster and not the post. I'll be accused of mouth breathing next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?   New manager, is there a holdup and if so why? Empty

Back to top Go down

New manager, is there a holdup and if so why?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next