Big Robby
Mook
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fylde v Salford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 2:57 pm

It's even harder to attract players to Plymouth when you don't know they exist.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyMon May 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Jabba nails exactly what is wrong with th Salford model.

In an area overflowing with clubs at all levels of the pyramid the one chosen for the vanity project is the one that stuggled to get three figure crowds, bumbling along quite contently in and around the NPL level. Meanwhile, just five miles up the road Bury rock from one crisis to another while nearby Bolton are crashing with no end in sight. They're probably too far gone for any sane person to take an interest now. Slightly further out are Oldham resplendent with their own financial woes and Macclesfield have been slow paying staff players for the last few months. On top of that, the team created as the protest to all things Manchester Utd seems to not only have plateaued but is now craching back down, mired in political in-fighting and a big hole in the accounts. Salford seems like a massive two-fingers to all those other clubs in the Greater Manchester area.  

I thought I heard a stat recently saying that the three leagues below the EPL had the highest number of fans through the turnstiles since 1959, which is pretty amazing if true, but ultimately there really is only a finite number of fans to go around. Fans that will ultimately by nicked form Bury, Oldham and the others while Salford rise up.

They are no more special than Forest Green, Fleetwood and Rushden and Diamonds before them, whatever the media tell us otherwise.

Big crowds in the second tier this season help, replace villa with Fulham, and the balance alters.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:16 am

Greenlander wrote:
Jabba nails exactly what is wrong with th Salford model.

In an area overflowing with clubs at all levels of the pyramid the one chosen for the vanity project is the one that stuggled to get three figure crowds, bumbling along quite contently in and around the NPL level. Meanwhile, just five miles up the road Bury...Slightly further out are Oldham resplendent with their own financial woes...

Of course the meeja and the Farce of 92's adoring EPL-loving acolytes never mention, or don't even know, that the Neville's are actually from Bury and not Salford. Not only that but their parents are both Bury legends - their mother was club secretary & General Manager and their father was a director and responsible for the club's community links. He was even instrumental in the "Save Our Shakers" campaign during one of Bury's serial financial crises, which probably explains why one of the stands at Gigg Lane is named after him.

Scholes was born in Salford, but grew up in Middleton and famously supports Oldham. In fact the only one of the oh-so-altruistic billionaire/multi-millionaire consortium suddenly so keen to "put something back" and help their so-called "hometown club" with a legitimate claim to Salford roots is Giggs, who moved there at the age of 7. However he doesn't appear to have taken the slightest interest in helping Salford even when his cuckolding brother was Manager there years before the sudden takeover.

You don't have to be a cynic to wonder why they chose Salford above any other club if "helping grassroots football" and "putting something back" is all they are really about.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:29 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
The sadly predictable level of Jizz is being spilt over the trip

The Greed is Good culture we've been steeped in for forty years and the way we've all been brainwashed by the EPL has turned lower league fans into starf*cking suicidal lunatics.

We should all fear the example of Salford rather than ejaculate over them. If their model works, just watch the sudden appearance of limousines with blacked-out windows and Saudi number plates outside the gates of step 15 no-hopers with their own ground/land in a northern/midlands metropolitan area, free from Southern property values. Many of us will see the glass ceiling plummet to a level where many of us can look forward to stints in League 2 being the realistic summit of our ambitions.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:36 am

Bob Crow wrote:
This certainly makes interesting reading about how much of a money pit the club is.
Even with all of their multimillionaire benefactors they still feel the need to apply for a grant from the stadia improvement fund.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Salford's owners have a higher net worth than Liverpool's. I don't think it's a question of need - more a case of "why spend your own money when you can spend someone else's?"
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 12:51 am

Greenlander wrote:

They are no more special than Forest Green, Fleetwood and Rushden and Diamonds before them, whatever the media tell us otherwise.

Except in the sense that the Salford owners have incalculably more money than Dale Vince, Pilley, or Griggs and so aren't limited by any trifling considerations like what fanbase might be required to be sustainable at a particular level. Lim alone is much wealthier than the owners of West Ham, Burnley and others. It's like comparing Dave Whelan doping Wigan with Sheikh Mansour doping Manchester City. We've seen nothing like it before at our level .

I'm beginning to get very disillusioned with Engish football. At least in Germany, where they still understand that football has a social value and that there's more to a football club than League position, there was united opposition to RB Leipzig from fans. Hopes that Salford will be met with chants off "copulate off Salford" at every game are probably a pipe-dream - its more likely that our crowds will be boosted by daytrippers hoping to rubberneck David Beckham.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 3:59 am

Apologies for monopolising this thread, but the Accrington Chairman - famously outspoken about the likes of Salford - has been killing it on twitter and as many lower league fans as possible should listen to him. First rubbishing the idea that FFP will do anything to prevent unfair competition...

And then warning about the threat of the EPL's megamoney to the unique English pyramid and how by extension the EPL is a pipe dream for most clubs.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 6:52 am

Cheers Jabba, keep us informed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 8:35 am

jabba the gut ecfc wrote:
Bob Crow wrote:
This certainly makes interesting reading about how much of a money pit the club is.
Even with all of their multimillionaire benefactors they still feel the need to apply for a grant from the stadia improvement fund.

Salford's owners have a higher net worth than Liverpool's. I don't think it's a question of need -  more a case of "why spend your own money when you can spend someone else's?"

We ought to be familiar with that model after the 7 years of Jimmy spending other peoples money on his get (even) rich(er) schemes.

On a seperate topic I see one of your ex players Jon Gittens has died, 55 is no age.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 8:51 am

Agreed, Jabba is owning this thread.

Don't normally do twitter but that Andy Holt thread is class. It's a shame to think he may just shouting be into the wind though. And, of course, Salford are perfectly capable of enticing any Stanley player that takes their fancy.

More media fawning over Salford yesterday with Neville (G) reminiscing over his youthful days when he wandered down Moor Lane to watch his mates play. Which is perfectly acceptable, we've probably all done it but is it really the principle reason to invest millions in that footballl club. I've watched mates play for Saltash, Tavistock, Callington and, even Dartmouth (it has a small grandstand so it counts) and even if I was wealthy enough and so inclined I wouldn't pick any of them to benefit from my largesse. It's also worth noting that three of the local clubs mentioned above all get bigger crowds than Salford back in the day. That's the kind of set-up from which Salford have been doped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 9:18 am

Interesting that the so called salary cap in league 1 & 2 can basically be ignored if the owner agrees he will cover the excess.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 6:35 am

Plymouth Argyle are among five clubs to be linked with out-of-contract AFC Fylde goalkeeper Jay Lynch.
Barnsley, newly-promoted to the Championship, are also interested in the 26-year-old, along with Bristol Rovers, Bury and Peterborough United, according to HITC Sport .

The speculation surrounding Lynch comes at a time when Argyle are without a manager .
However, they do have head of recruitment Ian Roscrow in place after he was appointed shortly before the dismissal of Derek Adams in late April.

Another non Erald story.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 9:35 am

My take on this is its all about the land sounds familiar that
Peter lim net worth is somethink like 2500 billion
He don’t need the class of 92 financially
But he needs em as front to all this football wise
After say another couple years further steady rise means a new ground hmm!!
And the land at Salford is worth a fortune as we know now media city bbc itv have already relocated to Salford that’s the end game move to a new ground sale the land that the grounds on now for a absolute fortune...ketching!! Call me a old but that’s the end game watch!! Land prices in bury & macclesfied and Are just no the same lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:04 am

akagreengull wrote:
Plymouth Argyle are among five clubs to be linked with out-of-contract AFC Fylde goalkeeper Jay Lynch.
Barnsley, newly-promoted to the Championship, are also interested in the 26-year-old, along with Bristol Rovers, Bury and Peterborough United, according to HITC Sport .

The speculation surrounding Lynch comes at a time when Argyle are without a manager .
However, they do have head of recruitment Ian Roscrow in place after he was appointed shortly before the dismissal of Derek Adams in late April.

Another non Erald story.

The story should read Argyle unlikely to sign decent goalkeeper. I didn't know about Roscrow that's obviously who is doing the hiring and firing ATM.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2019 10:09 am

Yeah Ian Roscrow head of recruitment that’s comforting..the fella who got Swansea city relegated with his recruitment..hahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 4:55 pm

More from the excellent Andy Holt about the f*cked up state of the EFL/EPL structure, including A sobering article from the Independent and the alarming claim that unless the dysfunction is addressed, 75% of EFL clubs have no long-term future.

Direct link to the Independent article for those who hate twitter.

The death of the 72? Why football outside the Premier League is on its knees
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2019 5:00 pm

RegGreen wrote:
And the land at Salford is worth a fortune as we know now media city bbc itv have already relocated to Salford that’s the end game move to a new ground sale the land that the grounds on now for a absolute fortune...ketching!! Call me a old but that’s the end game  watch!!  Land prices in bury & macclesfied and Are just no the same lol

Exactly. In fact you may not know, but they have already expressed a wish to move at some point. Remember, Lim and the United boys own a property development company that has been heavily involved in development in Manchester. I believe some of these were controversial.

No surprises for guessing how Moor Lane will end up - the last trace of Salford's original identity will be no more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 8:58 am

RegGreen wrote:
And the land at Salford is worth a fortune as we know now media city bbc itv have already relocated to Salford that’s the end game move to a new ground sale the land that the grounds on now for a absolute fortune...ketching!! Call me a old but that’s the end game  watch!!  Land prices in bury & macclesfied and Are just no the same lol

Exactly. In fact you may not know, but they have already expressed a wish to move at some point. Remember, Lim and the United boys own a property development company that has been heavily involved in development in Manchester. I believe some of these were controversial.

No surprises for guessing how Moor Lane will end up - the last trace of Salford's original identity will be no more.

You need to look at a map! Moor Lane is nowhere near the Quays or even Salford itself, Its stuck in a residential area off the Bury New Road with no nearby pubs, nowhere near the rail and certainly not the metrolink. Its about as far north in Salford as you can get without being in Bury! The nearest town is Prestwich which is a couple of miles away and a complete non event.

Nobody is going to be interested in the ground for property, if their moving its because its in a shit location!

besides they've only just redeveloped Moor Lane
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptyFri May 24, 2019 9:08 am

Nobody interested in ground for property lol. It could be situated in Illogan Highway and it would still be worth millions. I get what you are saying but I'm totally with Jabbs on this. The Salford story is indicative of what's killing football and should be shouted from the rooftops. Sport is dead long live capitalism.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptySat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

You need to look at a map! Moor Lane is nowhere near the Quays or even Salford itself, Its stuck in a residential area off the Bury New Road with no nearby pubs, nowhere near the rail and certainly not the metrolink. Its about as far north in Salford as you can get without being in Bury! The nearest town is Prestwich which is a couple of miles away and a complete non event.

Nobody is going to be interested in the ground for property, if their moving its because its in a shit location!

Until January they were looking to move to the AJ Bell stadium. The redevelopment of Moor Lane only took them from a typical tiny ground in the depths of Non-league to one with a mahoosive 5k capacity. There was some doubt whether it would even be accepted by the EFL.

Before Lim joined his property development partners, their stated aim was to dope Salford to the Championship. The owners' net worth has since risen to over 3 billion, so a pound to a penny they have the Prem in their sights now. They are either going to have to massively redevelop or move.

I'm not familiar with the area, but my understanding is that a lot of investment is going into Manchester. I find it difficult to believe that any significant plot of land there won't have value, even if that value is largely speculative. As local developers Salford's owners will be aware of what plans there may be for the area and how values might change. They will have the future in mind as much as the present.

I can think of numerous areas in London that are now desirable but were once shitholes. Even parts of the multi-millionaire's paradise of Holland Park was not all that within my lifetime, before the Ind Coope Pubs were turned into multimillion pound residential monuments to silent f***k-off wealth and the greengrocers etc became ultra-posh restaurants and so on.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 9:46 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Until January they were looking to move to the AJ Bell stadium. The redevelopment of Moor Lane only took them from a typical tiny ground in the depths of Non-league to one with a mahoosive 5k capacity. There was some doubt whether it would even be accepted by the EFL.

Before Lim joined his property development partners, their stated aim was to dope Salford to the Championship. The owners' net worth has since risen to over 3 billion, so a pound to a penny they have the Prem in their sights now. They are either going to have to massively redevelop or move.

I'm not familiar with the area, but my understanding is that a lot of investment is going into Manchester. I find it difficult to believe that any significant plot of land there won't have value, even if that value is largely speculative. As local developers Salford's owners will be aware of what plans there may be for the area and how values might change. They will have the future in mind as much as the present.

I can think of numerous areas in London that are now desirable but were once shitholes. Even parts of the multi-millionaire's paradise of Holland Park was not all that within my lifetime, before the Ind Coope Pubs were turned into multimillion pound residential monuments to silent f***k-off wealth and the greengrocers etc became ultra-posh restaurants and so on.
Excatly jabba you’ve nailed it bhey!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fylde v Salford   Fylde v Salford - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fylde v Salford
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2