The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 9:20 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I think someone should set up a petition to Bring Back Brent as chairman and Webby as president.

Hallett has to be careful here. Season tickets will undoubtably be down quite a high percentage next season probably at least 30%. The mankover is clearly eating cash right left and centre and news of the cladding company apparently folding with Argyles dosh wont improve matters.

Hallett cant afford any type of administration again when he's got £6 million of his own bunce tied into the club and potentially losing 99% plus as all creditors did previously.

Something is badly amiss at HP and its not only the eleven on the pitch
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1324
Join date : 2016-02-19

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 9:51 am

Should have waited until we were established in league one before even considering redevelopment. But then that doesn't fit in with the plan to make money from the property.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Posts : 5874
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 29
Location : Dorset

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 10:05 am

Yea Man wrote:
Should have waited until we were established in league one before even considering redevelopment. But then that doesn't fit in with the plan to make money from the property.

Good Post this
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5505
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 6:27 pm

Jethro wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Should have waited until we were established in league one before even considering redevelopment. But then that doesn't fit in with the plan to make money from the property.

Good Post  this

You actually believe in the established theory? There is nothing in football more ridiculous. Would you care to explain how 'being established' keeps you from getting relegated?

Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1324
Join date : 2016-02-19

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 6:36 pm

Rickler wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Should have waited until we were established in league one before even considering redevelopment. But then that doesn't fit in with the plan to make money from the property.

Good Post  this

You actually believe in the established theory? There is nothing in football more ridiculous. Would you care to explain how 'being established' keeps you from getting relegated?


Established as in a team which is solid enough to compete with most teams in the league, comfortable mid table/upper table team that doesn't need significant investment.

At the moment all funds going on the grandstand should have been on the first team budget to enable Adams to strengthen where needed to ensure we could consolidate and become established/comfortable in league one ready to push on. Not relegation fodder.

Established in a league seems a fairly common expression in this country amongst many football pundits on both sky and the football league highlights show.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5505
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 7:22 pm

Yea Man wrote:


At the moment all funds going on the grandstand should have been on the first team budget to enable Adams to strengthen where needed to ensure we could consolidate and become established/comfortable in league one ready to push on. Not relegation fodder.


That's impossible.  It would break the EFL rules.

..and as for football pundits using the word "established". Not surprising... Most of them can't form a sentence without using a cliche.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1324
Join date : 2016-02-19

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 7:47 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:


At the moment all funds going on the grandstand should have been on the first team budget to enable Adams to strengthen where needed to ensure we could consolidate and become established/comfortable in league one ready to push on. Not relegation fodder.


That's impossible.  It would break the EFL rules.

..and as for football pundits using the word "established".  Not surprising...  Most of them can't form a sentence without using a cliche.

Gates of 10k average should mean a decent budget, even with the limits these days. All on the team and not on a grandstand we don't yet need. Allow Adams to build a competitive squad pushing at the right end of the table then refurb the grandstand properly and within a timescale to allow it to be used ASAP. You only have to look at the various social media outlets to see more and more think the grandstand is a bad idea/timing.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5505
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 8:05 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:


At the moment all funds going on the grandstand should have been on the first team budget to enable Adams to strengthen where needed to ensure we could consolidate and become established/comfortable in league one ready to push on. Not relegation fodder.


That's impossible.  It would break the EFL rules.

..and as for football pundits using the word "established".  Not surprising...  Most of them can't form a sentence without using a cliche.

Gates of 10k average should mean a decent budget, even with the limits these days. All on the team and not on a grandstand we don't yet need. Allow Adams to build a competitive squad pushing at the right end of the table then refurb the grandstand properly and within a timescale to allow it to be used ASAP.  You only have to look at the various social media outlets to see more and more think the grandstand is a bad idea/timing.

I agree that a 10K average should mean that our budget is better than most other clubs at our level or lower. However... The grandstand is/was needed now. Aside from the revenue generating argument, the thing was falling down fer chrissakes. I'm surprised it wasn't condemned.

..and tbh... The more and more "social media" thinks it's a bad idea probably means it's a good one. You really want the likes of Harve and Dunlop guiding policy? The Graham Clarks' of this world are definitely a minority.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1324
Join date : 2016-02-19

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 8:07 pm

Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Yea Man wrote:


At the moment all funds going on the grandstand should have been on the first team budget to enable Adams to strengthen where needed to ensure we could consolidate and become established/comfortable in league one ready to push on. Not relegation fodder.


That's impossible.  It would break the EFL rules.

..and as for football pundits using the word "established".  Not surprising...  Most of them can't form a sentence without using a cliche.

Gates of 10k average should mean a decent budget, even with the limits these days. All on the team and not on a grandstand we don't yet need. Allow Adams to build a competitive squad pushing at the right end of the table then refurb the grandstand properly and within a timescale to allow it to be used ASAP.  You only have to look at the various social media outlets to see more and more think the grandstand is a bad idea/timing.

I agree that a 10K average should mean that our budget is better than most other clubs at our level or lower.  However...  The grandstand is/was needed now.  Aside from the revenue generating argument, the thing was falling down fer chrissakes.  I'm surprised it wasn't condemned.

..and tbh...  The more and more "social media" thinks it's a bad idea probably means it's a good one.  You really want the likes of Harve and Dunlop guiding policy?  The Graham Clarks' of this world are definitely a minority.

Can't argue with that last bit to be fair Laughing

What we need is a properly funded grandstand, which we have. But not one that is also taking funds away from the team which by all accounts it is or has.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5505
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 11:49 pm

Yea Man wrote:

What we need is a properly funded grandstand, which we have.But not one that is also taking funds away from the team which by all accounts it is or has.


Says who?  Somebody on "social media" again?  ..and they would know, how?

I was under the impression it was two separate pots? Simon Hallett had once agreed to fund a grandstand without pillars - had the board agreed it was worthwhile, (they didn't). So, with that in mind, I don't think Simon Hallett is short of the funds needed and wouldn't think twice at upping the loan amount for the grandstand if required.  Anyway...  Hasn't he already done that?  Why on earth would he want to pillage his playing budget which is obviously tight as it is, when he doesn't have to?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 69
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2019, 5:49 am

When SH was interviewed shortly after becoming majority shareholder, he was asked about the unbudgeted income from the promotion season/transfer fees received/ Liverpool games etc estimated at over £2million. I'm sure he said that some had gone on Harper's Park, a £million for the grandstand roof and the rest had gone on 'day to day' running expenses [when bent was chairman].
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

Posts : 252
Join date : 2015-07-05
Age : 43
Location : Plymouth

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 1:16 am

My take is, it’s a bit like these charities that send food to African countries. Pointless. Yes, it’ll keep them gong for a while, but then what? Better if we send the, money to educate them to grow and prepare their own food. Exactly the same here. Spending 6m on players would probably get us promoted. But then what? How are we going to fund keeping those players? This grandstand project is the ‘education’ which gives the Club it’s own non-matchday revenue stream. In 2019, a club cannot simply survive on gate receipts alone. And as someone else has already said...the damn thing was an eyesore and NEEDED doing.

I still think it should have been done without the sodding pillars though. All the steel used to make that roof structure could surely have been used to make a cantilever brace, but what do I know. I for one look forward to returning to the lower Mayflower when it’s finished.

Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1324
Join date : 2016-02-19

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 5:44 am

Thing is with promotion to the Championship comes TV money as sky now show every game, higher sponsorship fees and higher ticket sales.

But then you'd be forking out more on wages and running costs. It's a viscous circle and we need someone who is actually willing to fund the club like pretty much every other club in the county does rather than trying to be a sustainable club.

Clubs like United aren't sustainable yet are the richest in the world. Sadly they have people willing to bankroll them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Posts : 10816
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 69
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 5:51 am

SteelCannon wrote:
My take is, it’s a bit like these charities that send food to African countries. Pointless. Yes, it’ll keep them gong for a while, but then what? Better if we send the, money to educate them to grow and prepare their own food. Exactly the same here. Spending 6m on players would probably get us promoted. But then what? How are we going to fund keeping those players? This grandstand project is the ‘education’ which gives the Club it’s own non-matchday revenue stream. In 2019, a club cannot simply survive on gate receipts alone. And as someone else has already said...the damn thing was an eyesore and NEEDED doing.

I still think it should have been done without the sodding pillars though. All the steel used to make that roof structure could surely have been used to make a cantilever brace, but what do I know. I for one look forward to returning to the lower Mayflower when it’s finished.


And getting wet....................

I have always agreed with the need for increased income from better facilities but when I look at clubs that were our peers in underachievement in recent decades and look at their facilities now, ours are lower league.
Swansea...Cardiff...Bristol City...Reading...Brighton...Hull...Huddersfield...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8481
Join date : 2011-10-23

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 6:41 am

Yea Man wrote:
Thing is with promotion to the Championship comes TV money as sky now show every game, higher sponsorship fees and higher ticket sales.

But then you'd be forking out more on wages and running costs. It's a viscous circle and we need someone who is actually willing to fund the club like pretty much every other club in the county does rather than trying to be a sustainable club.

Clubs like United aren't sustainable yet are the richest in the world. Sadly they have people willing to bankroll them.

If we are ever going to achieve ANYTHING, then of course you’re right. Investment from people who, as you say, are willing to do with Argyle what others do with dozens of other clubs. Being ‘sustainable’ in this day and age means one thing only - survival.

If that’s all Argyle are ever hoping to do then the dream dies right there and then.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5420
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 7:39 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Thing is with promotion to the Championship comes TV money as sky now show every game, higher sponsorship fees and higher ticket sales.

But then you'd be forking out more on wages and running costs. It's a viscous circle and we need someone who is actually willing to fund the club like pretty much every other club in the county does rather than trying to be a sustainable club.

Clubs like United aren't sustainable yet are the richest in the world. Sadly they have people willing to bankroll them.

If we are ever going to achieve ANYTHING, then of course you’re right. Investment from people who, as you say, are willing to do with Argyle what others do with dozens of other clubs. Being ‘sustainable’ in this day and age means one thing only - survival.

If that’s all Argyle are ever hoping to do then the dream dies right there and then.

The Keep it cheap keep it ticking over culture that Bent brought to Argyle and now upheld by Hallett will NOT bring any meaningful footballing success either in the short or long term, sustainability in football terms means usually stagnation in terms of being a progressive football club on or off the field.
Tha Championship is a million years away as it stands. The possibility of having a platinum dining experience while watching a team struggling in L2 is a real one.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4749
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 8:31 am

The premium corporate memberships are having a very slow uptake albeit no one here will be surprised
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Posts : 189
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 10:17 am

All we need as a mega rich investor who can see the potential for a Premier league club in the south west of ENGERLAND!

Easy.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3548
Join date : 2015-07-08

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 11:59 am

Mook wrote:
All we need as a mega rich investor who can see the potential for a Premier league club in the south west of ENGERLAND!

Easy.
surely there’s a Russian Cornishman somewhere laugh
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Posts : 5316
Join date : 2011-12-05
Location : brent out

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 12:54 pm

No local wealthy person will be interested the club is considered a joke when will you realise that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4948
Join date : 2017-09-09

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 3:47 pm

Did anyone say we need a local benefactor? Chelsea Russian, Cardiff Thai, Manure American.....
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5505
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 6:08 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
The premium corporate memberships are having a very slow uptake albeit no one here will be surprised

LOl. Here we go... OK Harve, how many "corporate memberships" have been sold?

How many pioneers are there?
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Bob Crow

Posts : 854
Join date : 2018-05-12
Location : Same place as the past 38 years, Being spyed on by the state (and now others)

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2019, 2:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well the Pioneers unsurprisingly have a new member.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2016-02-18

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2019, 2:58 pm

'commit to being a pioneer'

Reading that one would assume he has stumped up the bunce himself or as we suspected it's all part of his special AAA pass.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4948
Join date : 2017-09-09

Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2019, 3:27 pm

Orrrrr Brent and his AA pass are both on their way out. cheers To be fair to Nool he is a massive football fan supporting not only Argyle on occasion but also one of the most committed Man Utd fans outside of Manchester.the difference between him and most fans is that most fans would just buy the ticket they would not publicise the fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk   Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Nickkkkkk the prickkkkkkkk
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: