Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)

Go down 
+2
akagreengull
Jethro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) Empty
PostSubject: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 6:25 pm

Portsmouth are taking a ‘keen interest’ in Plymouth Argyle centre-back Ryan Edwards, who is set to be out of contract this summer.

That is according to respected football writer Alan Nixon, who is often a source of stories such as this one.

Edwards is thought to have signed a two-year deal with Argyle when he moved from Morecambe in the summer of 2017.

In a short tweet to his 76,000 followers, Nixon said: “PORTSMOUTH. Taking keen interest in Ryan Edwards at PLYMOUTH. Contract up in summer.”

Portsmouth are currently chasing an automatic promotion place in League One.

They are in fourth position, two points behind second-placed Barnsley, after a 3-2 win away to Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

Argyle saw centre-back Sonny Bradley leave then last summer when he reached the end of his contract.

He was offered a new deal by the Pilgrims but ended up signing for Luton Town instead and has become a key member of their League One title-chasing squad.

Edwards has made 61 starts and two substitute appearances for Argyle in all competitions and scored nine goals.

The 25-year-old would have played more games but missed the second half of last season due to his diagnosis of testicular cancer.

Edwards had surgery and went on to make a full recovery, returning to action for the Pilgrims at the start of this term.

link here,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 6:52 pm

the guy can barely move. I wouldnt miss him if he went we need to overhaul that defence in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Angry wrote:
the guy can barely move. I wouldnt miss him if he went we need to overhaul that defence in the summer.

Thats true on both accounts, But if he can barely move then Sawyer needs to go for the same reasoning.

But tbh I wouldn't blame anyone who's out of contract in the summer looking elsewhere.
Rather than stay here under Adams management,

Bradley proved that you can do better elsewhere,

Its gonna be the same bullshit in the summer,

Try to gel 16 plus players into a squad, that won't turn up till December and we will be here in exactly the same place, same time next year.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Aye, it will end in tears I tell eee.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 pm

Angry wrote:

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 7:45 am

Edwards ?? To Portsmouth ??
One of the slowest centre halves I've ever seen at Argyle. Bye...

Still Adams must be aware all back 4 need to be replaced so he wont lose any sleep on that one
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 am

I'm sure there are plenty of ageing slow as a tanker centre backs looking for a job. If anybody isn't worried about getting relegated next season they must be going large on the Prozac. I'm going to mitigate any misery by laying large on it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 9:40 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm sure there are plenty of ageing slow as a tanker centre backs looking for a job. If anybody isn't worried about getting relegated next season they must be going large on the Prozac..

I'm still concerned over this season Ears.  If we lose Carey Lamerias and Ladapo and frankly who would bet against us losing all three in the summer than whatever league we are in next season is an accident waiting to happen
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 12:17 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm sure there are plenty of ageing slow as a tanker centre backs looking for a job. If anybody isn't worried about getting relegated next season they must be going large on the Prozac..

I'm still concerned over this season Ears.  If we lose Carey Lamerias and Ladapo and frankly who would bet against us losing all three in the summer than whatever league we are in next season is an accident waiting to happen

Can you blame those 3 for not staying with the rag tag team with bullshit tactics Adams will throw together.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 am

Jethro wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Can you blame those 3 for not staying with the rag tag team with bullshit tactics Adams will throw together.

The most boring football in 50 years but Simple Simon thinks he "Wonderful".....
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 2:52 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

The most boring football in 50 years but Simple Simon thinks he "Wonderful".....

It's not just boring you can see the holes in the formation from row z of a stand and can someone explain to me how Gary the tide moves quicker then me Sawyer Is being used as an attacking wing back still.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 3:45 pm

Be nice to think we’re get a couple of decent centre backs and decent keeper but it will be the usual influx of players same as it is every year loans & players no one else wants ..and keeping our crossed they ain’t as shit as the previous lot
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 4:00 pm

It's not just the fact that we have a shit budget,
Its the fact that we don't have a proper scouting network and that if Daniel Nardiello's side of the story is correct, Which Adams banning the Herald seems to confirm, Adams doesn't scout players himself to even check they fit into his system,

Dyson seems to be another victim of that.

This doesn't get Brent or the club off the hook,

Brent gave Adams too much power to start with, too long a deal etc,
Now Hallett is having to shell out more for Brent's mistakes Grandstand,possibly paying Adams off etc.

But Adams needs to be held cuplable for his bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)   Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour) Empty

Back to top Go down

Edwards linked with Portsmouth move (Rumour)
Page 1 of 1