53% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Adams out  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 am

Yep, Graiser's response today epitomises the "we're Plimuff Argo we'll always be shit" attitude that as I said permeates the club and a majority of the fanbase.

It’s stay for me as I can’t see who else could do better in the clubs current situation, So who would you all replace him with?
deadhorse
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 12:21 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
In a way this poll is somewhat pointless, as we all know DA will be staying even if relegated (which is still a real possibility), the bit I find difficult is the acceptance that Adams is the best manager Argo can get.

Exactly Gull its the acceptance of "who else is there" that really bugs me. Any national advertisement let alone chatter within football circles would produce 100+ responses in 48 hours as we all know

But who else is there that will make this team perform and rebuild another one with a shite budget? Mankover + Hallett + 30% = shit team for a couple more years. All ammunition needs directing at valid targets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm

Whilst I voted stay here, as he does a passable job with meagre resources, Its difficult to imagine him doing any better if he did have more money.

As for the "who else is there" argument, its such a lame Jannerlike way of looking at things, It got trotted out during the dog days of Paul Sturrock mk2 by cretins such as Xisle (where is he?). There are many many candidates whether they are out of work, like Ollie was in 2006, looking for a new challenge like Sturrock did in 2000 or a coach ready for a shot in the hot seat like Nathan Jones. S

Its all moot anyway as the club has no intention of coughing up the remainder of Adams contract, even if we are relegated. As long as we win Family Club of the year
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 2:13 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
In a way this poll is somewhat pointless, as we all know DA will be staying even if relegated (which is still a real possibility), the bit I find difficult is the acceptance that Adams is the best manager Argo can get.

Exactly Gull its the acceptance of "who else is there" that really bugs me. Any national advertisement let alone chatter within football circles would produce 100+ responses in 48 hours as we all know

As a person he is the epitome of ‘dour Scot’. A face that looks like he’s been slapped with a wet fish 99% of the time.

But.....

.....as far as the regime is concerned he ticks the biggest box of all. That is the ‘getting by and not getting relegated’ Box.

I’m pretty ambivalent.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 3:21 pm

If we survive this season then he will probably go in Jan 2020 after another shite first half to the season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm

I reckon we could get relegated this season and next and the board would stick with Adams.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 6:53 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Whilst I voted stay here, as he does a passable job with meagre resources, Its difficult to imagine him doing any better if he did have more money.

As for the "who else is there" argument, its such a lame Jannerlike way of looking at things, It got trotted out during the dog days of Paul Sturrock mk2 by cretins such as Xisle (where is he?). There are many many candidates whether they are out of work, like Ollie was in 2006, looking for a new challenge like Sturrock did in 2000 or a coach ready for a shot in the hot seat like Nathan Jones. S

Its all moot anyway as the club has no intention of coughing up the remainder of Adams contract, even  if we are relegated. As long as we win Family Club of the year  

Exactly thats the problem,

Who else is there, Well there is someone out there, there always is and there is better then adams,

He needs to go now or in the summer either way we aren't going anywhere under adams apart from down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 7:24 pm

[quote="akagreengull"]Yep, Graiser's response today epitomises the "we're Plimuff Argo we'll always be shit" attitude that as I said permeates the club and a majority of the fanbase.

It’s stay for me as I can’t see who else could do better in the clubs current situation, So who would you all replace him with?
deadhorse [/quote

My response is nothing to do with thinking we’ll always be shite at all, it’s more in line with your second paragraph and if the post became vacant no doubt the usual applicants would be on the list.
As for employing an untried Manager, for example like Graham Coughlan who would so far appear to be having an impact at Rovers, I can imagine the furore if Wotton was appointed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Tbf Wotton would be a shoe in if Adams left. Careful what you wish for.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 8:18 pm

That all depends on if Wotton took on all duties Adams has,
Or
If its a director of football and Wotton is just a head coach.

The second doesn't sound as scary as the first, because he wouldn't have too much power, just has to worry about coaching,

Who knows,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tbf Wotton would be a shoe in if Adams left. Careful what you wish for.

I don’t wish it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 8:36 am

It's all academic, Simon loves him and the fans are told he is Argyle's third most successful manager, so Derek may be set to do a Tisdale at Portakabin Park.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 8:42 am

Jethro wrote:
That all depends on if Wotton took on all duties Adams has,
Or
If its a director of football and Wotton is just a head coach.

The second doesn't sound as scary as the first, because he wouldn't have too much power, just has to worry about coaching,

Who knows,

lol! Who is doing the coaching now? You're deluded if you think any change in management would be a change for the better anyone new would have to work to the same constraints.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 6:01 am

I voted stay. Overall has done a very good job for us, and we seem to be playing much better footballer now than before. Been a bit unlucky with late goals.

We're underperforming because of austerity, not because of the coaching staff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 8:09 am

Those late goals where we decide to spend the last 10 minutes camped in our own half? Poor luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Those late goals where we decide to spend the last 10 minutes camped in our own half? Poor luck.

Unbelievably bad luck, init! Laughing

I'm still (just) in the Adams in camp. But, feck me he's frustrating with his tactics. When he gets it right, he get's it brilliantly right - some of our results are testament that. When he get's it wrong, it's headbangingly, throttle the cat wrong.

If we have yet another repeat of a shit disastrous first half of next season, then he can feck off. There's no excuse for piss-poor pre-season preparations - which, imho, is the underlying problem to the last 2 disastrous starts to the campaign. We need decent opposition to work out or strengths and weaknesses - and with respect to the likes of Saltash United, Tiverton Town and The Cherry Tree bay window piss-heads golden eleven Laughing , they do not provide the test we need.

Grrrrrr, I'm off to Azders for some Gin, sprouts and flea powder. outtahere
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 am

Grrrrrr, I'm off to Azders for some Gin, sprouts and flea powder.

Bloody hell! that is some cocktail! laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Adams in for Me even though his miserable stubborn and can be generally pig headed at times I stuck by him all through the shysters reign when he had nothing but a bag of hula hoops to work with and still pulling rabbits out the hat with nothing napo nish narda so just for once a miricle I know I’d would like to see how he would go with a decent budget ??? Who knows there’s been a couple of mangers over the years I wouldn’t have minded to have got the Argyle gig Steve cotterill and Gary johnson
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:45 pm

Bump Cool
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 6:55 pm

Hate to say I told you so...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 7:17 pm

I still stand by my previous comments. I am now firmly in the Adams ooot camp now but we still have a board who are more interested in badly run building schemes than running a football team. I await Adams replacement with bated breath.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 pm

That maybe but I still think An Other could and would have spent monies properly, eg scouting players and actually using the ones they bought,
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 7:39 pm

It's clear DA is and has become part of the malaise at austerity losing money/and at football Argo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 8:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I still stand by my previous comments. I am now firmly in the Adams ooot camp now but we still have a board who are more interested in badly run building schemes than running a football team. I await Adams replacement with bated breath.

That for me. You need to win a game so don’t start your two top scorers scratch
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Got to go. Whatever is happening at board level, his goodwill is shot with both fans and players. No longer feasible as a boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adams out    Adams out  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adams out
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next