Such a shame.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Such a shame. Empty
PostSubject: Such a shame.   Such a shame. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 1:04 pm

Mark Hollis of Talk Talk dead after short illness aged 64. Great band and musician. I actually met him at Beth Givens home (from Portishead dontchyaknow) where he was working on some stuff with her in her studio. I don't know if they ever released it? It's my life was a monster but I actually really liked some of his later albums but he dropped right out of the public eye. He didn't appear a very sociable person tbh. RIP.
Back to top Go down

Such a shame. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Such a shame.   Such a shame. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 1:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Mark Hollis of Talk Talk dead after short illness aged 64. Great band and musician. I actually met him at Beth Givens home (from Portishead dontchyaknow) where he was working on some stuff with her in her studio. I don't know if they ever released it?  It's my life was a monster but I actually really liked some of his later albums but he dropped right out of the public eye. He didn't appear a very sociable person tbh. RIP.

The bassist from Talk Talk Mark Webb collaborated with Beth Gibbons as Rustin Man I think in 2001/2. Didn't know Hollis appeared on it as well, apparently he was on Pysence Fiction from U.N.K.L.E but undredited at his own request. Otherwise he retired from the business 1998 and largely disappeared from view.

Rustin Man released a new album couple of weeks ago which is also worth a listen.

Talk talk were criminally unheralded, their last 2 albums virtually invented the genre of post rock, the colour of spring is a classic synth pop album and there aren't many of those.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Such a shame. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Such a shame.   Such a shame. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Was very sad to read about his death. Talk Talk formed part of the soundscape of my teenage years and beyond. Life's What You Make It is quite a special track to me.

Agree re: Colour of Spring. I know Spirit of Eden is held up as their masterpiece but I loved the more accessible sound of the former.

It's obvious from the tributes coming in that he/they were seen as musical heavyweights within the industry. To name a couple, the influence on The Doves and Elbow is really clear.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Such a shame. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Such a shame.   Such a shame. EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 3:59 pm

One of my favourite bands. Odd fact of the day - It's my life is one of the most played tracks on Spanish radio stations. It's on virtually every day.

RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Such a shame. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Such a shame.   Such a shame. Empty

Back to top Go down

Such a shame.
Page 1 of 1