The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Watt



Posts : 5740
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 8:29 am

green_genie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Errington saying club didn't go with cantilever as wanted the Leitch feel of pillars. Has he any journalistic pride?

I though it was expense
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 4:20 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Do not like the drainage system, with  a big  pipe that size will let a lot of water into the park. (Picture 66) and why is it needed to water seal the first 3 rows of the Mayflower seats after all these years. Is the roof not big enough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So this will still flow off and end up at Barn Park pooling at the bottom by the road ??


LOl. I thought you knew all things 'drainage'?

..and TGWU... It's obviously not the finished article. Jeez...
Back to top Go down
RD104



Posts : 38
Join date : 2013-08-17

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 7:12 pm

It's essentially a soak away system, flooding should therefore not be an issue, with it holding the water until the ground is able to take it.

Whilst it fixes the problem, can't help but feel we missed a trick here, if there were tanks that could hold the water, with the ability to pump it and use it to water the pitch, it surely would of paid for itself quite quickly and therefore saved us money in water bills longterm?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2019 8:25 pm

RD104 wrote:
It's essentially a soak away system, flooding should therefore not be an issue, with it holding the water until the ground is able to take it.

Whilst it fixes the problem, can't help but feel we missed a trick here, if there were tanks that could hold the water, with the ability to pump it and use it to water the pitch, it surely would of paid for itself quite quickly and therefore saved us money in water bills longterm?

Sent from Topic'it App

Probably contaminated with asbestos, and bombs.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

Posts : 262
Join date : 2015-07-05
Age : 43
Location : Plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 1:02 am

RD104 wrote:
It's essentially a soak away system, flooding should therefore not be an issue, with it holding the water until the ground is able to take it.

Whilst it fixes the problem, can't help but feel we missed a trick here, if there were tanks that could hold the water, with the ability to pump it and use it to water the pitch, it surely would of paid for itself quite quickly and therefore saved us money in water bills longterm?

Sent from Topic'it App

There is already a rainwater butt in the opposite corner. It’s massive. Have you never seen it? It’s at the top of what is now known as Bobby’s Garden. It is connected to the sprinkler system.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5209
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 4:29 am

Has the bully Rickler squeaked by chance....Am seeing a blocked icon close to my last post lol
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Has the bully Rickler squeaked by chance....Am seeing a blocked icon close to my last post lol

Yeah.. Somebody tell him I'm squeaking "How come I wasn't arrested at Heathrow - what happened to that plan?"

..and trying to have somebody arrested? Talk about bullying...
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1376
Join date : 2016-02-19

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 8:24 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has the bully Rickler squeaked by chance....Am seeing a blocked icon close to my last post lol

Yeah..  Somebody tell him I'm squeaking "How come I wasn't arrested at Heathrow - what happened to that plan?"

..and trying to have somebody arrested?  Talk about bullying...

Quoted for Harves benefit Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Yea Man



Posts : 1376
Join date : 2016-02-19

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 8:24 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Do not like the drainage system, with  a big  pipe that size will let a lot of water into the park. (Picture 66) and why is it needed to water seal the first 3 rows of the Mayflower seats after all these years. Is the roof not big enough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So this will still flow off and end up at Barn Park pooling at the bottom by the road ??


LOl.  I thought you knew all things 'drainage'?

..and TGWU...  It's obviously not the finished article.   Jeez...

Also quoted for Harves benefit
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5209
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 9:39 am

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Has the bully Rickler squeaked by chance....Am seeing a blocked icon close to my last post lol

Yeah..  Somebody tell him I'm squeaking "How come I wasn't arrested at Heathrow - what happened to that plan?"

..and trying to have somebody arrested?  Talk about bullying...

Quoted for Harves benefit Thanks/OK

lol PT just hit paydirt.....Three BMs messaged that he'd take the bully bait 1000%.....nothing changes back in yer box

On an aside whats these cordoned off areas and safety notices at the Development something to do with health and safety apparently ??

Am on laptop so cant quite see what they say

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5209
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 am

Or maybe its just additional cordoning off barriers
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Posts : 1487
Join date : 2016-02-18

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:21 am

Heras fencing and signage all round. Standard on all construction sites.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11448
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 am

Some players just come out of the new changing rooms
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11448
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:42 am

New Plymouth Argyle supporters' bars at Home Park as slip to a mid-August opening. The cost of the project is now £1.4 million


Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 5731
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 63
Location : Mutant Abbot

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:43 am

Were they new players coming out of the new changing rooms?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11448
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 am

Through the white door in the fence then they walked along the corner of the Barn Park end and out of sight
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Probably doing some snagging.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu



Posts : 11448
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 70
Location : plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 12:57 pm

Cladding going up on the Devonport end of the Mayflower stand
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 3722
Join date : 2015-07-08

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Cracking along now! Freddie’s half a mill must have landed then lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 3:35 pm

And to think I was sneered at most mightily by some for suggesting that cash flow may have been a problem! £3m from Hallett and the Ladapo sale and lo and behold its marching along.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 5209
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And to think I was sneered at most mightily by some for suggesting that cash flow may have been a problem! £3m from Hallett and the Ladapo sale and lo and behold its marching along.

No sneering from my direction Ears but I certainly know who the main culprit is.....on an aside that Supporters bar must be worrying for McGuire and Co.....13 months late (thats assuming it does actually open next month which is doubtful) and already £500,000 over budget.

Wonder if Hallett wedged in with a bundle to make up that shortfall
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 10659
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 4:51 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And to think I was sneered at most mightily by some for suggesting that cash flow may have been a problem! £3m from Hallett and the Ladapo sale and lo and behold its marching along.

No sneering from my direction Ears but I certainly know who the main culprit is.....on an aside that Supporters bar must be worrying for McGuire and Co.....13 months late (thats assuming it does actually open next month which is doubtful) and already £500,000 over budget.

Wonder if Hallett wedged in with a bundle to make up that shortfall

I would be surprised if he did Harve as it's not an Argyle project.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And to think I was sneered at most mightily by some for suggesting that cash flow may have been a problem! £3m from Hallett and the Ladapo sale and lo and behold its marching along.

RegGreen wrote:
Cracking along now! Freddie’s half a mill must have landed then lol


"Ignorance is strength..."
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 8:56 pm

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5630
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 pm

So if we hadn't sold Ladapo the mankover would have ground to a halt - that in essence is what you're saying.. That the finishing of the grandstand depended on Ladapo being sold.

That's insane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: