The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

 The Mankover all action Thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1277
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Jethro wrote:
We might be village , but you lot are hamlet,


((((titters)))))

_______________________________________
Gimme a barrel and I'll scrape it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 11630
Join date : 2013-08-16

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Grace Less wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admittedly somewhat smaller than what is envisaged at the field of dreams but completed on-time, within budget by a team of professionals largely from within the Club hierarchy.

nice as it looks for where exeter are atm however Exeter will have to move out f it ever wants to climb up the leagues and gain some fans from jumping on the chiefs bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2203
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 pm

Grace Less wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admittedly somewhat smaller than what is envisaged at the field of dreams but completed on-time, within budget by a team of professionals largely from within the Club hierarchy.

Brickfields is better than that tip.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2011-05-12

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm

A stand even shorter than the manked over Mayflower.  Didn't think that was possible.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2021
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 58

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:13 am

Exeter are just like Plymouth - never played in the highest league, is it a Devon thing?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4425
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 2:29 am

Whatever we think of Exeter they simply announced they were renovating parts of the ground and simply got on and did just that. No waffle no packdrill just simply completed the task

Meanwhile at HP 13 months after work commenced we are still farting around with a few ditches and walls
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2011-05-12

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 7:47 am

And all of their seats are covered. Those unlucky enough to sit in the Mayflower lower are in for a bit of a soggy time.  There will NEVER be a 'stage 2' so getting piss wet through will be a very long term thing for Mayflower Lower dwellers.  The mankover is s load of crap.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8354
Join date : 2011-10-23

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 8:16 am

PatDunne wrote:
Exeter are just like Plymouth - never played in the highest league, is it a Devon thing?

Highest they've ever played is the division we're in now.
Back to top Go down
P.O.I
Admin
P.O.I

Posts : 1277
Join date : 2017-11-04
Age : 93
Location : Kingdom Of Kernow

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 8:52 am

Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Exeter are just like Plymouth - never played in the highest league, is it a Devon thing?

Highest they've ever played is the division we're in now.


OUCH Laughing

_______________________________________
Gimme a barrel and I'll scrape it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 2203
Join date : 2014-09-21
Age : 69
Location : Plymouth

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 am

P.O.I wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
Exeter are just like Plymouth - never played in the highest league, is it a Devon thing?

Highest they've ever played is the division we're in now.


OUCH Laughing

Pat did say the highest league, which is the premier, so he’s quite right.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5071
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Grace Less wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admittedly somewhat smaller than what is envisaged at the field of dreams but completed on-time, within budget by a team of professionals largely from within the Club hierarchy.
Roofs that cover the seats!! wtf! Jimmy and Si, make sure the Hallihad mankover roof only covers those enjoying the directors box experence plus assorted toadies in the posh seats.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 4463
Join date : 2017-09-09

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm

It doesn't look that dry to me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Posts : 10792
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 68
Location : Larnaca, Cyprus

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brown nosing his way into the new regime.

Useful idiots always required at a perennial, lower league city club, to keep the Avivas onside.

The janner milking machine.

Geddon Simon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Posts : 7458
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Whatever we think of Exeter they simply announced they were renovating parts of the ground and simply got on and did just that. No waffle no packdrill just simply completed the task

Meanwhile at HP 13 months after work commenced we are still farting around with a few ditches and walls

This pretty much nails it.

13 months. How long have we been talking about a new grandstand. Must be 10 years minimum and we don't even have planning permission yet.

And never mind that we are going to be in hock for 25 years, keep the sodding pillars so half (?) the seats will have an obstructed view and will build a roof for it so small half (?) the people will get wet when it rains and overall capacity will be a bit smaller than that we have recently had and much smaller than our historic maximum.

Exeter may be shit and we might despise them but there is much we could take inspiration from up there.

They might even be punching above their weight while we are struggling to make the weight for 6 months time.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Posts : 7458
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 1:30 am

And I say that as somebody who despises them, the fixture and all the crap that goes with it to such a degree that I have no intention of ever going there for a match again.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5371
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

13 months. How long have we been talking about a new grandstand. Must be 10 years minimum and we don't even have planning permission yet.

We don't?   There's a lot of building going on for a place that doesn't have permission.  Why hasn't the council shut them down?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4425
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

13 months. How long have we been talking about a new grandstand. Must be 10 years minimum and we don't even have planning permission yet.

We don't?   There's a lot of building going on for a place that doesn't have permission.  Why hasn't the council shut them down?

Perhaps the Planning Portal is not accessible from the good ole USA.....Must be a Trump directive
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 5371
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:42 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

13 months. How long have we been talking about a new grandstand. Must be 10 years minimum and we don't even have planning permission yet.

We don't?   There's a lot of building going on for a place that doesn't have permission.  Why hasn't the council shut them down?

Perhaps the Planning Portal is not accessible from the good ole USA.....Must be a Trump directive


Perhaps I'd rather believe my own eyes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4425
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 6:48 am

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

13 months. How long have we been talking about a new grandstand. Must be 10 years minimum and we don't even have planning permission yet.

We don't?   There's a lot of building going on for a place that doesn't have permission.  Why hasn't the council shut them down?

Perhaps the Planning Portal is not accessible from the good ole USA.....Must be a Trump directive


Perhaps I'd rather believe my own eyes:  http://greensonscreen.co.uk/homepark.asp

Yes you're quite correct. In 13 months we have seen limited work actually completed on the Argyle development which a professional contractor would have completed in 1-2 months absolute tops....reason Planning Permissions still being sought and very much ongoing

As opposed to the GTs private development with full planning approval bombing along with professional local builders

Spot the difference fella
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Posts : 4681
Join date : 2011-05-12

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 am

Clearly If Argo had planning permission for the actual grandstand it would be  a lot further along than it is now.   Since the enabling work has been all but completed nothing further has happened. Not that I want it completed.  I want the whole pile of shite to be demolished.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : Dorchester

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 9:00 am

Freathy wrote:
Clearly If Argo had planning permission for the actual grandstand it would be  a lot further along than it is now.   Since the enabling work has been all but completed nothing further has happened. Not that I want it completed.  I want the whole pile of shite to be demolished.

It certainly seems to be painfully slow at this point, refurbing a rusting hulk was always gonna have its issues - makes me wonder if they've found real problems in the old gal!! How any sane person looks at that mess from anywhere in the ground thinks it's not gonna be a pigs ear, truely amazes me!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8354
Join date : 2011-10-23

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 9:51 am

The pace had been painful. There can be no dispute whatsoever there.

I really can’t be fecked to try and analyse planning portals, but ‘planning permission permitted/not yet permitted’ - it shorely isn’t as simple as that?

Retaining walls have been built the length of the mankover. If this wasn’t permitted, and plastered all over GreensOnScreen, I don’t see how Argyle can get away with that? The foundations are in for the main steels which according to Jon Back will be going up in two weeks. If we get to three, four, five weeks and they aren’t rising I wonder if Mr Back will explain why? On the other hand, if they start going up then to simply say ‘there’s no planning permission’ will clearly be bollocks, regardless of how an administrative page on a Council website reads.

It’d be interesting to hear Graham Clark’s take on this. Or maybe that other buildy-type fella who always seems to talk sense, MikeWN?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Posts : 9674
Join date : 2014-03-02
Age : 80

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 10:23 am

Just remember that ATD runs on a parallel universe to real life....so anything can be said whether true or false....makes life so much easier to cope with....... point and laugh
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 4425
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 28
Location : Behind you Jameson....

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

Czarcasm wrote:
The pace had been painful. There can be no dispute whatsoever there.

I really can’t be fecked to try and analyse planning portals, but ‘planning permission permitted/not yet permitted’ - it shorely isn’t as simple as that?

Retaining walls have been built the length of the mankover. If this wasn’t permitted, and plastered all over GreensOnScreen, I don’t see how Argyle can get away with that? The foundations are in for the main steels which according to Jon Back will be going up in two weeks. If we get to three, four, five weeks and they aren’t rising I wonder if Mr Back will explain why? On the other hand, if they start going up then to simply say ‘there’s no planning permission’ will clearly be bollocks, regardless of how an administrative page on a Council website reads.

It’d be interesting to hear Graham Clark’s take on this. Or maybe that other buildy-type  fella who always seems to talk sense, MikeWN?

lol you dont need an expert. The Herald released details in depth of new planning applications running to 85 pages which Lloyd also released on Freechat not 3-4 weeks ago
Its not signed off simple as.

To answer in general its my opinion that Back and Brent are winging it on a prayer and fudging and glossing over planning as they go. I have zero doubt at all that Bent will have threatened PCC to give him leeway on the outstanding planning conditions as well....or else

The Portal is up to date. At no point since planning provisionally was granted in December 2017 have Argyle ever completed it
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Posts : 7458
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 27
Location : Nr Panama

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 10:51 am

Harve is absolutely right - full planning permission has not yet been granted and this is not in doubt. All that is supposed to be happening at Argyle is enabling work.

That didn't stop the club erecting a new changing room with no planning permission or the new TV camera gantry without planning permission though.

Whether the council allows Argyle some leeway or has agreed limited retrospective consent or is turning a blind eye or simply doesn't know or care is another matter.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content




The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
The Mankover all action Thread.
Back to top 
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: