Les Miserable
Czarcasm
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Labour Party Implosion  Empty
PostSubject: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 am

Ilford South MP Mike Gapes says "i am sickened that Labour is now a racist, antisemitic party" and "furious that the Labour leadership is complicit in this" as he resigns from the party

What a sorry state of affairs.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 10:46 am

Shorely you can only be racist if you're right wing?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 10:56 am

And white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 1:00 pm

The British political system is in a mess. Bigots like Jacob Rees Mogg are allowed to dictate party policy, serial liars and schemers like Boris Johnson can hold high office, whilst the leader panders to both desperate to prevent a party split that would damage what little political legacy she leaves behind.

On the other bench we have a cabal who couldnt give a shit as to how inelelectable they now are.

Its depressing
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Ilford South MP Mike Gapes says "i am sickened that Labour is now a racist, antisemitic party" and "furious that the Labour leadership is complicit in this" as he resigns from the party

What a sorry state of affairs.

I see he also said about ' Labour leadership is complicit in facilitating Brexit'. Another remainer with the others leaving by looks of it who has no idea why they are MPs, ie there to do what the majority of this country, who voted, wanting to leave the EU.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Probably drove away in a Honda.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 3:23 pm

From the little I read about they all support a people's vote and are pissed off at Corby for backing Brexit yet I believe more Labour voters voted for Brexit than Tories? They are so out of touch with the voters it's untrue. Or are they just like the Tories and don't give a shite about anybody but them and their own careers? As for the anti semitism claims, if they are true why haven't MPs been named and charged with racism in some way? Shorely being anti Semitic is just plain old racism? I've been baffled for ages about this story rumbling on with nothing happening. If its true, charge people, sack people but FFS deal with it.
In the wider scheme of things it will dilute what piss poor opposing that Labour is doing (which is fook all) and hand even more power to the Tories and in effect Brexit. Wtf can seven MPs hope to achieve. The only credible explanation is that they've taken acid or some disco biscuits and will retract everything tomorrow when they come down.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Labour like to accuse everyone else of racism.  But it seems being anti-Semitic is OK.  Well, it's not OK corbyn in fact it's VERY not OK.  Anti-Semitism has always been prevalent in far right/nationalist AND far left politics. Maybe corbyn and his band of unhinged marxist nut jobs think hatred of Jews is OK because persecution of Jews was policy in the Soviet Union, particularly under Stalin, under the pretence of anti-religious laws.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Commie Corbyn or Globalist slime-ball Umuna. What a choice.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 6:13 pm

This is bigger even than the BORA/ATD scandal.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 8:19 am

Both parties were waiting for the other to split. Obv the Labour lot have less loyalty to Corbs than the Conservative lot do to order. TBF I don't think Rees-Mogg has any intention of ever actually being accountable for his pseudo intellectual dribble, when he gets the airtime he does on the outskirts.

Umunna (Tory), Smith (hates the idea of nationalising water, mainly because she's frankly corrupt) and some people I don't know. Not exactly losses to a true Labour cause.

On a day that Honda announce they are nobbling Swindon. Crying or Very sad [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:34 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Both parties were waiting for the other to split. Obv the Labour lot have less loyalty to Corbs than the Conservative lot do to order. TBF I don't think Rees-Mogg has any intention of ever actually being accountable for his pseudo intellectual dribble, when he gets the airtime he does on the outskirts.

Umunna (Tory), Smith (hates the idea of nationalising water, mainly because she's frankly corrupt) and some people I don't know. Not exactly losses to a true Labour cause.

On a day that Honda announce they are nobbling Swindon. Crying or Very sad [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Japanese have just signed a trade deal with the EU which means they no longer have to manufacture cars in the EU to avoid tariffs. They can now make all their cars in Japan and ship them over.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 am

I have seen the allegations of Anti Semitism, but I have struggled to see examples of it.

Can anybody show me some? Links or whatever. In the Labour Party obviously.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:49 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Japanese have just signed a trade deal with the EU which means they no longer have to manufacture cars in the EU to avoid tariffs. They can now make all their cars in Japan and ship them over.
You don't think we might have had a veto on the deal, had we not self-ostracised outselves? Ok. clown
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:58 am

seadog wrote:
I have seen the allegations of Anti Semitism, but I have struggled to see examples of it.

Can anybody show me some? Links or whatever.

Kind of what I have been saying. You would have thought that any MP who made anti Semitic remarks would be hung out to dry. It's all wierd.
I think that this latest spat is still a continuation of the divorce from reality engaged in by all modern political parties. The main problem that Labour have is that the Labour voting public supported Corbyn massively in defiance of the actual Labour party and loads of its MPs. Instead of lining up behind Corbyn and recognising his mandate from the people they have decided its worth destroying the party to get rid of Corbyn literally at any cost.
Whilst the two main parties follow this course of self promotion and protecting a broken system good old Blighty is withering and dying. Brexit gets the blame yet how anyone can support and vote for any of these losers is beyond me. Sack the feckin lot of them.

Just seen this on the Beeb, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems a lot of the criticism of Corbyn is that he's quite anti Israel. TBH so I am I, does that mean that I hate Jews or stealing land by force using bloodshed? Where's Franny when you need him?

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:01 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

You don't think we might have had a veto on the deal, had we not self-ostracised outselves? Ok. clown

What a veto on the EU/Japan trade deal? Lol. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:04 am

I think it's more to do with the labour party in general and the current hierarchy in particular loving all things Palestinian, which by default is always construed in an anti semitic anti Israel light.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:33 am

that is the way I have seen it, anti Israel's policies is viewed as anti Semitic.

Therefore the SNP are racist because they disagree with Theresa May's English policies.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:08 pm

There's ALWAYS excuses for anti-Semitism.  Corbyn and his mob use their anti-Israel stance as an excuse but it's pure racism.  They just hate Jews. Corbyn sides with any organisation that would wipe Israel and Jews from the face of the earth - Hezbollah, Hamas etc,  Corbyn and his vile party are no better than the Nazis. Pure scum.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:39 pm

seadog wrote:

Can anybody show me some? Links or whatever. In the Labour Party obviously.

This from the Guardian 11 Feb 2019 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Labour says it has looked into 673 cases of alleged antisemitism

Members have been suspended or formally investigated in 307 cases, party discloses

Angry MPs have demanded further action against antisemitism after Labour revealed it has investigated 673 alleged cases and expelled 12 party members since last April.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:40 pm

nice to see Derek Hatton back as a Labour Party member...
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 pm

Good old Degsy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Can anybody show me some? Links or whatever.

Kind of what I have been saying. You would have thought that any MP who made anti Semitic remarks would be hung out to dry. It's all wierd.
I think that this latest spat is still a continuation of the divorce from reality engaged in by all modern political parties. The main problem that Labour have is that the Labour voting public supported Corbyn massively in defiance of the actual Labour party and loads of its MPs. Instead of lining up behind Corbyn and recognising his mandate from the people they have decided its worth destroying the party to get rid of Corbyn literally at any cost.
Whilst the two main parties follow this course of self promotion and protecting a broken system good old Blighty is withering and dying. Brexit gets the blame yet how anyone can support and vote for any of these losers is beyond me. Sack the feckin lot of them.

Just seen this on the Beeb, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems a lot of the criticism of Corbyn is that he's quite anti Israel. TBH so I am I, does that mean that I hate Jews or stealing land by force using bloodshed? Where's Franny when you need him?

It's quite simple.

All anti-Semites will be critical of Israel as a state; not all of those critical of Israel as a state are anti-Semites.

A distinction far too subtle for some to fully comprehend with any objective clarity.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:27 pm

Isn't this just the Gang of 4 all over again?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 10:31 pm

No I don't think so.

The Gang Of Four consisted of three fairly serious heavyweight politicians of the time (David Owen, Shirley Williams and Roy Jenkins - plus the other one).

Of the 7 only Chukka Umunna has much profile, and he is hardly Roy Jenkins in terms of gravitas, and most of them are unheard of.

They need some serious support and quick or they'll go down the same drain the Tory to UKIP defectors did.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Labour Party Implosion    Labour Party Implosion  Empty

Back to top Go down

Labour Party Implosion
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next