Earwegoagain
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 pm

Another DA red herring to look like there is genuine interest in a "name" player methinks.
About time another part time fireman joined the ranks I would think.lol.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Another DA red herring to look like there is genuine interest in a "name" player methinks.
About time another part time fireman joined the ranks I would think.lol.

About time we bought DA a ticket back to scotland.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 8:37 pm

I dont get the point of the club and Del being so public with their interest in and offer to Joe Mason when they knew full well it was a long shot and likely to result in them looking foolish when he rocks up elsewhere. Are they trying to admit they cant/wont compete for players that offer clubs like?
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 8:55 pm

Angry wrote:
I dont get the point of the club and Del being so public with their interest in and offer to Joe Mason when they knew full well it was a long shot and likely to result in them looking foolish when he rocks up elsewhere. Are they trying to admit they cant/wont compete for players that offer clubs like?

Well guess we will have to see if the twitter twat posts something in the morning,

But I don't get it, As I've said it just makes Del look stupid and in my eyes even more stupid anyway.
Five years.....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 pm

It's the club trying to appear like they are trying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It's the club trying to appear like they are trying.

I get that but we all know its BS. Its the sort of crap Staplewallet pulled nearly everytime a transfer window closed by declaring the manager has money to spend now knowing full well he couldn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 9:23 am

Freathy wrote:
Interest from other clubs who offer the going rate obviously means he will be going elsewhere.  I think adams, hallett et al knew full well Mason wouldn't accept their piss take of an offer but went public with it to make it look like they are ambitious after doing zip in the transfer window when we're deep in a relegation scrap.

HALLETT OUT

I don't know how anyone could say it is anything other than this. Why else would the man who never discusses transfer speculation, break the habit of a life time and discuss transfer speculation.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 am

Well thats one team out of the race

So its us and MK dons apparently

Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has refused to sanction a move for out-of-contract striker Joe Mason.

Addicks boss Lee Bowyer was looking to bring in the former Wolves and Cardiff City frontman, who became a free agent at the end of last month.

The Charlton chief was also considering ex-West Brom and Stoke City attacker Peter Odemwingie as a potential incoming deal, but Mason was top of their wishlist.

But Duchatelet is not prepared to sanction the deal, despite banking at least £1.5million from the sale of Karlan Grant to Huddersfield.

Bowyer told the South London Press: “He [Mason] is the one that we were looking to bring in.

“But I got a phonecall from Steve Gallen [head of recruitment] literally 10 minutes ago saying the owner said no, we can’t bring in another striker because we’ve got Lyle [Taylor], Josh [Parker] and Igor [Vetokele].”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 8:26 pm

franchise fc (mk dons as elias calls them) are in the running and favourites to land him.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm

MK Dons are far more likely to offer the going rate.  A higher division and his home town won't make up for the austerity offer he has no doubt received from DA, Hallett and 30%.  Still, the 'offer' was never meant to be taken up.  "At least we tried......"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Freathy wrote:
MK Dons are far more likely to offer the going rate.  A higher division and his home town won't make up for the austerity offer he has no doubt received from DA, Hallett and 30%.  Still, the 'offer' was never meant to be taken up.  "At least we tried......"

So what do you reckon would happen if he shocks everyone and signs the low ball deal? would the reluctant ones bulk and cut the budget for next season?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 8:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

looks like Addicks may be out.

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 am

So it's basically between us and mk.  They will probably pay more so he will go there. The only way i csn see him coming to us is if his other half is from plymouth and wants to go home.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Either we are thrashing out a deal or Derek doesn't want to come out and say its over,
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm

He will make it look like he tried his hardest but was out bid by a bigger club and budget. lol!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 3:48 pm

akagreengull wrote:
He will make it look like he tried his hardest but was out bid by a bigger club and budget. lol!

Just adds another notch to his " Hi I'm Derek Adams and I'm a twat Rating"
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
Which was how much?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 pm

Not enough?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 am

tigertony wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Which was how much?

Earlier in thread I suggested 3k and I dont think Adams could possibly have offered less and than realistically expected him to sign
Chatter of 6k salary at the franchise who knows.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 am

tigertony wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Which was how much?

I'm quite confident hallett, 30% and the useless 'board' wouldn't put up as much as Charlton, MKD or anyone else who has shown interest.  It's not players that get investment its property.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 am

Freathy wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Which was how much?

I'm quite confident hallett, 30% and the useless 'board' wouldn't put up as much as Charlton, MKD or anyone else who has shown interest.  It's not players that get investment its property.

Talking of the "board" what happened to the two female directors that Bent introduced last year and then his daughter subsequently. Never heard a squeak from them since the Erald did the initial blowing of smoke.
Token appointments and nothing more
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 am

no news is good news ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 9:56 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Freathy wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Which was how much?

Talking of the "board" what happened to the two female directors that Bent introduced last year and then his daughter subsequently. Never heard a squeak from them since the Erald did the initial blowing of smoke.
Token appointments and nothing more

Or asking secret questions behind closed doors. Maybe rubber stamping ludicrous decisions like who will be project manager?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 12:56 pm

I wish I felt more excited about Joe returning, just seems another easy (perhaps unrealistic) option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 3:18 pm

If he does sign and it’s a strong possibility he might, I think expectations should be lowered about which Mason we could be getting, I don’t think it’ll be the 2014 version, personally not fussed if he signs or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Mason rumoured incoming   Joe Mason rumoured incoming - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Joe Mason rumoured incoming
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: