Czarcasm
VillageGreen
Mock Cuncher
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 3:10 am

Decent point which I think everyone would have taken pre game
Cracker from Carey for sure right under the Pompey snouts as well. Was the librarian there did anyone see him ?? Forgotten his name off top of my head
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 8:33 am

Deep in a relegation scrap we need wins at home not draws.  Still, thought Pompey were going to absolutely muller us out of sight so better that expected I suppose.  Still crap though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
We had one shot on target

Zackly and for that reason we are lucky to come away with a point.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 am

Steve Davey made some interesting points on radio Dem yesterday, pointing out that the service to Freddie was "atrocious and the forward players making too many touches instead of shooting.
For me the game yesterday raises ongoing coaching and tactical issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 am

akagreengull wrote:
Steve Davey made some interesting points on radio Dem yesterday, pointing out that the service to Freddie was "atrocious and the forward players making too many touches instead of shooting.

But But Nance has a UEFA pro licence which means he is the best coach in the world because no one who has ever had one of them on paper is a shit coach in practise. Yet i see similarites to ho we played under Fletcher and Adams this season and it no coincidence the common factor is Nance.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am

Good point Angry, but then little ole austerity Argo are not exactly staffed with top flight proven coaches are they?

Little chance of the (five year+) Director of football going to the American based majority shareholder and saying we need to finance a proven higher level coach to take the existing or future squads forward is it?
Keep it cheap keep it ticking over, that's the way. geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 11:51 am

Nance has an unenviable job as Argyle chief turd polisher. How much coaching do players like SEB, Wright Phillips or Sinclair need? You can coach hundreds of Firemen and they will never reach the heights of the three fore mentioned players because they don't have the ability.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

akagreengull wrote:

It's a game of opinions, innit!

Davey apparently said service to Ladapo was poor and too many touches were taken. I was critical of him for having a poor first touch.

This was evident a few times yesterday both when attacking and when dropping back. Instead of killing and shielding the ball immediately he allows the ball to bounce of him a little meaning it can't be shielded meaning he needs and extra touch or two meaning everything slows down or, worse, we lose possession.

I suppose, to be fair, this is much more Taylor's game than his but the way play when we have only one player up front means it is a critical role for the whole team.

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

That twenty minute spell around the goal was some of the best attacking play I've seen from an Argyle team in an age. Lameiras and Carey were unplayable - the way he turned their fullback inside out was reminiscent of the Akos Buzsaky era. I wouldn't say worth the admission cos £24 is a bit much for a second of magic but certainly gace us soemthing to talk about in the pub after.

I'm frustrated that for all our that we didn't win but take the positive that we're slowly inching ourselves safe. I'd imagine we'll be playing Portsmouth again next season too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Greenlander wrote:
That twenty minute spell around the goal was some of the best attacking play I've seen from an Argyle team in an age. Lameiras and Carey were unplayable - the way he turned their fullback inside out was reminiscent of the Akos Buzsaky era. I wouldn't say worth the admission cos £24 is a bit much for a second of magic but certainly gace us soemthing to talk about in the pub after.

I'm frustrated that for all our that we didn't win but take the positive that we're slowly inching ourselves safe. I'd imagine we'll be playing Portsmouth again next season too.      

Great we get to hear that pompey bell for 90 minutes again lol.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Angry wrote:

For a brief moment I thought he (or it) weren't at the game but from about ten minutes in it started and then it never bloody stopped.

I had taken the precaution of a couple of pre-match pints to numb the sensation. I guess Pompey-ites either wear ear defenders or are so used to the clanging it doesn't register to them anymore.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Angry wrote:

For a brief moment I thought he (or it) weren't at the game but from about ten minutes in it started and then it never bloody stopped.

I had taken the precaution of a couple of pre-match pints to numb the sensation. I guess Pompey-ites either wear ear defenders or are so used to the clanging it doesn't register to them anymore.

he turned up 15 minutes late to each half and some prat was ringing his bell in his stead. Pompey fans are a mad lot in anycase.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Angry wrote:

he turned up 15 minutes late to each half and some prat was ringing his bell in his stead. Pompey fans are a mad lot in anycase.

The twat shouldn't even be allowed to bring it in. Kids ain't allowed to take bottles of coke in unless the lid is removed, yet this clown can take in a proper weighty brass bell.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Angry wrote:

Had the unfortunate pleasure of traveling back on the train when they had a game either against the scum up the road or Yeovil.

We pull into a station to wait for a train to go the other way they all pile off for a piss etc, crazy cnuts had someone stand in front of the train to stop it going without their mates,

That's just one example of how cnutish they are when traveling to away games
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Cracking Carey free kick. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Portsmouth   Argyle vs Portsmouth - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Portsmouth
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4